Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Donuts

Quote Originally Posted by _DD_ View Post
    OK, JJ, am curious enough to look up cochineal, although I am not sure I will want to know..! :-D
    OK, I'm open minded enough to accept cochineal coloring but if they introduce cochineal flavor, I am outta here!

Quote Originally Posted by cdosr View Post
    OK, I'm open minded enough to accept cochineal coloring but if they introduce cochineal flavor, I am outta here!
    Cochineal bugs -v- dried cranberries, who'd ever spot the difference? Sprinkle 'em on your breakfast cereal for a protein boost with bonus pink milk. What's not to like?

Quote Originally Posted by JJay View Post
    Beetroot is actually one of the nicer pink colourings Try googling cochineal (Koschenille)
    so I did. HUGE article on Wikipedia going back to precolumbian times. Wow, and somewhat scaring, yep.
    lol, if these are the things in which you consider yourself NOT an expert already... another wow!

Quote Originally Posted by Nevada View Post
    I’ll just leave these here:
    many thanks, Nevada!
    amazing ideas! I like the one bottom right with the donuts on the donut, rofl.
    For eating... the two with chocolate, of course.

Last edited by _DD_; 11-28-2018 at 03:11 PM.

Boston Creme is also a favorite of mine ( 2nd to my moms homemade ones) but had some interesting drunken donuts for dessert at a restaurant awhile back and they were delish
    TOWN NAME:Melly.....
    COOP:Tigger’s Den
    Can we hop every week?

Quote Originally Posted by Mars999 View Post
    Boston Creme is also a favorite of mine ( 2nd to my moms homemade ones) but had some interesting drunken donuts for dessert at a restaurant awhile back and they were delish
    Not sure if typo or legit but consider my curiosity heightened...
    IMPORTANT: As a Township moderator, I only have power to maintain its forum.
    - Township Support.
    - Before posting a question, please make use of:
    Township Wiki,
    • the stickies on top of each sub-forum,
    • the search function to see previous posts.

”Met a man wearin' a t-shirt, says "Virginia is for lovers"
    Had a Bible in his left hand and a bottle in the other
    He said "all you're really given is the sunshine and your name"
    We both started laughin' when the sky started to rain”

Quote Originally Posted by Nevada View Post
    Not sure if typo or legit but consider my curiosity heightened...
    Casting no aspersions on a friend, at all, but I'd guarantee it's not a typo, lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Mars999 View Post
    but had some interesting drunken donuts for dessert at a restaurant awhile back and they were delish
    what names! or rather, ingredients, lol! looked them up, found them in Nashville (with delivery service!), Illinois and Anaheim (IOW, not here... ), and it seems they have liquor or alcohol in the stuff "outside", but no filling 'inside'. well, not sure one would notice, depends, lol...

would like to taste your mom's homemade ones, of course!

Anyone here ever have a Berliner/Bismarck and/or an apple fritter? #Yum!
    Johnalex Zarco
    Coop: United Federation
    Coop Position: Leader/Coleader
    Coop Tag: #UN28CX
    Town Name(s): Daimler-Kingston Industries.
    Playing Township Mobile since May 2016
    "Every way of a man is right in his own eyes, But the Lord weighs the hearts." ~Proverbs 21:2 NKJV

Quote Originally Posted by Bessville View Post
    Casting no aspersions on a friend, at all, but I'd guarantee it's not a typo, lol.
    Ha, ha, ha you know me to well, definitely not a typo, flavours were limoncello lemon curd, rum salted caramel and a chocolate hazelnut liquor, all were fantastic.... we need to do something to keep us warm in Northern Alberta.
    Last edited by Mars999; 12-12-2018 at 06:42 AM. Reason: Spelling
    Can we hop every week?

Talking

Quote Originally Posted by _DD_ View Post
    what names! or rather, ingredients, lol! looked them up, found them in Nashville (with delivery service!), Illinois and Anaheim (IOW, not here... ), and it seems they have liquor or alcohol in the stuff "outside", but no filling 'inside'. well, not sure one would notice, depends, lol...

would like to taste your mom's homemade ones, of course!
    Yep, Moms are definitely the best but here’s a pic of the drunken doughnuts we had! The booze was in the dipping sauce and even though I am definitely a chocolate girl the other two flavours were awesome as well

C207C73C-D711-42E1-88EC-A92D943BD215.jpg
    Can we hop every week?