Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Donuts

Quote Originally Posted by Mars999 View Post
    but people might think I have a problem!!!
    ...rather a solution.

Quote Originally Posted by _DD_ View Post
    I have no idea whether the name should tell me anything, but ...uhm... what is the green dot in there, please?
    and the pink stuff is sweet?
    DD,
    The green filling is Jolly Rancherish green apple.(tart) The pink topping is white icing with sprinkles is sweet...

Quote Originally Posted by MissWilliamston View Post
    DD,
    The green filling is Jolly Rancherish green apple.(tart) The pink topping is white icing with sprinkles is sweet...
    oh IC. so it has to do with the name, or vice versa Thank you, Miss Williamston!
    hm, apple stuff and sweet... would be careful also with testing/eating, yep!

Quote Originally Posted by cdosr View Post
    I feel a quest to Connecticut coming.
    We've lived in NE for just over three years now, and I had no idea there was an actual Krispy Kreme shop in CT. My extended family would always bring back a few boxes on the return trip camping in the FL keys when I grew up in NJ. They would always go during Easter break from school.

We get Dunkin' once in a while, but I grew up in a town that had actual family owned non chain bakeries in town and on the mainland, and wow do I miss those kinds of donuts. They are very different than what you can get from chains or supermarkets.

One place, in Cape May Court House had (may still have--haven't been there in decades so don't know if they are still around) apple doughed donuts with cinnamon sugar coating. I've tried several similarly named from various makers sold at supermarkets over the years, but they have never been as good.

My favorite for summer when they can be found are powdered sugar with lemon filling with a nice glass of cold milk. Perfect for hot weather!
    Township: Hope ~ Friend Code: UEP84U ~ Co-op: The Four Winds #HE8QGM ~ Platform: Windows
    Zoo: Have a seat, and listen to my tales of woe.