Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Snow Race & Screen "Tapping"

Snow Race & Screen "Tapping"

I'm attempting to get better at leaping over things, but the developers should take lag time into consideration when creating these games. I tap the screen, and sometimes the snowboarder jumps and sometimes it does nothing. I'm guessing Internet lag. There is no way I'm paying tcash to "continue". It feels very much like a rip off already. More often than not, no leap is occurring. The character just falls over the log or whatever. I'm guessing lag time, and it's already killing the fun of the game for me.

There are too many intermediary variables to completely lay the blame at the Dev's feet. I am sure we are all experiencing the same action responses so there is a strong degree of fairness, but yes, it is costly to compensate in order to be competitive. The Devs win again. Surprise, surprise.
    Míc Miller, ZAJDC4, t238:197+4, z196, iPad.
    Optimal Prime of The Beeline II co-op ~ the original "ultimate rules" township.

Quote Originally Posted by Míc Miller View Post
    ...The Devs win again. Surprise, surprise.
    I highly doubt anybody intends to capitalise on lag specifically - this is a purely online game, though, so a stable internet connection is pretty much a minimum requirement for things to function as they should.

Anyway, I'm inclined to see 'them' winning and 'us' winning as fundamentally the same thing most of the time. It's why Township is still here after 5 years, which I'm really glad about. I spend what I decide it's worth to me (though not on snowboarding).
    Last edited by Bessville; 11-29-2018 at 03:02 PM.

The new rules for falling in the game and how the leaderboards are calculated (total number of feet traveled) and the new regatta task (so many feet travelled without quitting) are new twists that are blatant money grabs imho. They are really encouraging you to pay to keep racing after you fall. It is much more costly to quit -- you lose more than your snowflakes!

Town: Lyons Station
    Friend code: 4B8TTC
    Co-op name: Freedom of the Seas
    #FREK7G
    I started playing Township in order to build my own zoo (I am a former zookeeper)

Does anyone know how you get to travel further? Top of the leaderboard is over 22000 feet, I have just hit 600 feet and didn't hit a single item or miss a star...what else am I meant to be doing?

Quote Originally Posted by Cody Lyons View Post
    The new rules for falling in the game and how the leaderboards are calculated (total number of feet traveled) and the new regatta task (so many feet travelled without quitting) are new twists that are blatant money grabs imho. They are really encouraging you to pay to keep racing after you fall. It is much more costly to quit -- you lose more than your snowflakes!
    But wait, there's more! There will be a new event-related regatta task that will force us to cross that finish line more than once no matter the cost(s). Surprise, surprise, again.

Quote Originally Posted by Ashdust View Post
    Top of the leaderboard is over 22000 feet,...
    My GTL has Dooms Empire with 25600 feet. The person behind me in second place with 6000 doesn't even show up in the rankings. Hmm.

I’m just in it for the decos tbh. But lookie here! The sign can’t be bought! And the ice rink is miniature! Plus, there’s little to no actual snow decorations, just gaudy statues and repeats! Christmas better be good
    📆Playing since: August 31st 2017 (iOS) 📆
    🍓Name: JammyJamFam 🍓
    👌Level: 64 👌
    🤝Co-op tag: Tethra Helix #EX3US2🤝
    💵 Loyal Member of the Spending Suckers Club 💵

🔮“And remember that bad times...are just times that are bad...”🔮

Quote Originally Posted by Ashdust View Post
    Does anyone know how you get to travel further? Top of the leaderboard is over 22000 feet, I have just hit 600 feet and didn't hit a single item or miss a star...what else am I meant to be doing?
    Your score is cumulative - you keep building the score with each go.
    Level 157
    Zoo Level 45
    IOS - iPad Air

Co-Op: Sogno Mare (Sea Dream) - Sail only for certain rewards.
    Town: Far Niente Bay

Ideas That Cannot Be Implemented At This Time (Or Ever)

Well Jam, I don’t care for this event and have decided to sit it out. I bought the skating snowman (small, no animation) and don’t really want the new town sign - much prefer the Christmas sign.
    Level 157
    Zoo Level 45
    IOS - iPad Air

Co-Op: Sogno Mare (Sea Dream) - Sail only for certain rewards.
    Town: Far Niente Bay

Ideas That Cannot Be Implemented At This Time (Or Ever)