Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Tasks

Quote Originally Posted by Graylady View Post
    Many months ago, a coop could fill the board with 135 tasks but not anymore. Since then, Playrix has put a cap on the max of 135 points we can get at the same time.
    Graylady, I was hoping to hear from you on this - I have always found your information very helpful!

So I assume this change coincides with the obnoxiously-high level of low-point tasks that started showing up? It is all making more sense now...

Thank you for letting me know what was up with this issue - I guess I was working with outdated information.
    Town: Denton - The Home of Happiness
    Town Level: 110
    Zoo Level: 156
    Playing Since: December, 2016

Quote Originally Posted by Gammer View Post
    From what Graylady said, there must be a magic cap number whatever it is. On the other hand, we are a Windows team and that means we're often last to get whatever changes are put into the game. Not sure what your platform is, and I have no idea if my theory about Windows (and maybe Mac) possibly not yet having that cap yet has any validity to it.

I can say from what we've witnessed that the more 135s you have up, the more you need to dump to get even one more.

Because I think it may help with understanding how we got our chances of success, I want to point out that we're even smaller--4 team members (as of this posting). We also don't have a min pt/task requirement, though we tend to take between the 125-135 pt tasks' range. We decided to approach the Regatta in a different way than max all pt tasks with the TC+ task that many do. Instead, we pick one of the bonus chests (tied to the buoys in the race) at the start of each race and we figure out what we need to average without the TC+ task to get to it.

So for Golden, we might either pick the highest (7700) or just below (6700) if we find ourselves up against a team that's already half way done or more at the start. This week, we're shooting for the 7700 (which means an average of 129 pts if all 15 are counted completed.) We may fall a bit shy, because the board has been unforgiving this week, but we may have hit the 6700 chest as I type this as we were that close before I checked the forum.

Playing with this strategy helps us set a more relaxed spirit where we focus on working towards that chest pt goal instead of placement. If we earn more points due to task availability (which we did last race, a silver), so be it. It also gives us some wiggle room if someone has a task drop on them even when they completed it (yes, this happens sometimes) where we can pick up the points with a TC+ task if needed. We often still place high, but the placement bonuses are just gravy when you approach the race this way. So far, this system has worked really well for us, but again, we're not vying for Global Leaderboard or any of that.

Because we're small and we're not trying to do all tasks at 135+, we've probably have had more flexibility to experiment with the board than a lot of teams can really spare. A few times we even dumped one or both of double 135s (like planes when everyone just doesn't want to do planes again) to try to get something easier in the higher range when all of us are already in a long task. As long as you have enough officers (we have 2 currently) that have the time to watch the board and the team communicates well about what they do or have no desire to do, it also makes task dumping easier. Again, not something that'd be easy for a large team because that is a lot to juggle with just the four of us and we don't have the reserve function that IOS/Android has. So all our reserves are agreed upon in the chat.
    Again, thank you for taking the time to explain your co-op's experience to me - it helped me understand ours better.

My team is not a "hardcore" racing team - we do all 15 tasks, at 130-135 points each, by the end of the race. Unfortunately, we are finding it harder and harder to stay in Golden League, against all the "perfect" teams, even with a 12-hour delay... That said, we can't easily accept losing Gold, especially since some yacht club decorations are only available to Gold league members...

I still wonder though, knowing, as Graylady said, that there is a limit now, what it is - since we have seen 4 seem to be the "magic number" yet managed to get 5 or 6 even? Curious...

Quote Originally Posted by Lisa Bowman View Post
    Again, thank you for taking the time to explain your co-op's experience to me - it helped me understand ours better.

My team is not a "hardcore" racing team - we do all 15 tasks, at 130-135 points each, by the end of the race. Unfortunately, we are finding it harder and harder to stay in Golden League, against all the "perfect" teams, even with a 12-hour delay... That said, we can't easily accept losing Gold, especially since some yacht club decorations are only available to Gold league members...

I still wonder though, knowing, as Graylady said, that there is a limit now, what it is - since we have seen 4 seem to be the "magic number" yet managed to get 5 or 6 even? Curious...
    I do not know the magic number either. I'm happy to share experiences as I can because I myself have learned a lot thanks to this forum.

Edit: Oh, and I totally understand about the frustration of staying in gold to get certain decor! Almost forgot to put that in.

I was wondering what I might take as my +1 if needed a few moments ago, and noticed we had a rare 6 of 135s board up. I screenied it, because it seemed relevant given our recent discussion.
    Last edited by Gammer; 11-26-2018 at 05:29 AM. Reason: Forgot something.
    Township: Hope ~ Friend Code: UEP84U ~ Co-op: The Four Winds #HE8QGM ~ Platform: Windows
    Zoo: Have a seat, and listen to my tales of woe.

I do not know the magic number either. I'm happy to share experiences as I can because I myself have learned a lot thanks to this forum.

Edit: Oh, and I totally understand about the frustration of staying in gold to get certain decor! Almost forgot to put that in.

I was wondering what I might take as my +1 if needed a few moments ago, and noticed we had a rare 6 of 135s board up. I screenied it, because it seemed relevant given our recent discussion.
    Nice board!!

And yeah, if it wasn't for the whole you-can't-buy-that-decoration-unless-you're-in-Golden-League yacht club thing, I wouldn't care so much about Golden League - the regular regatta prizes aren't significant enough to make me want to fight for them!!

I do not know of any magic number or any maximum related to the number of racers in the coop. I do remember when they changed the number we very rarely had more then 3 tasks of 135 points. We would get all excited if a fourth apperaed once a week. I was in a team with 3 to 8 racers each week and it was the same. We would dump 800+ tasks each week. There were a lot of complaints about that limit. Gradually they increased the number to 4, sometimes 5. I do not remember the last time I saw 6 135 points tasks on the same board.
    Graylady, Forum member since may 2014 --- I am just a player, not a Playrix staff
    Playing on Android, not on Facebook
    Township level 202, Zoo 188 animals, --- Fishdom stop at 1518 --- Homescape stop at 650

Please read this important post by Playrix about Township : Wishes/requests already rejected by Playrix

Quote Originally Posted by Graylady View Post
    I do not know of any magic number or any maximum related to the number of racers in the coop. I do remember when they changed the number we very rarely had more then 3 tasks of 135 points. We would get all excited if a fourth apperaed once a week. I was in a team with 3 to 8 racers each week and it was the same. We would dump 800+ tasks each week. There were a lot of complaints about that limit. Gradually they increased the number to 4, sometimes 5. I do not remember the last time I saw 6 135 points tasks on the same board.
    Thank you so much for all of your help!

And I don't know how long it has been since I've seen six either - but I am jealous of our friend above, who just got 6 offered at once!

Like I said, I hadn't looked into this in a while, but when a teammate today mentioned the "limit" it was news to me - so I came here to research the issue, but couldn't find any info. That is why I posted the question. I definitely know a lot more than I did before, and realize I was going off of how things used to be, in what I will now refer to forever as the good old days!! lol

But seriously, I agree with most others, I am sure, that the amount of lowball tasks is terrible. Other than buying a 16th task when needed, my co-op doesn't spend t-cash to help ourselves out in the regattas - no paying to flip tasks early, etc..., so this just means we have to spend a TON more time dumping, as you mentioned in your post. We race with 8-9, and dump around 7-800 tasks per race, just so we can do tasks worth 130+. But, since we all love our game, we will continue to do it - I just sooooooo wish it was back how it used to be as far as task values are concerned!!

Thank you again for your help in this situation! I always appreciate it!!

(I just got my award for 600 consecutive days in-game... Someday, I hope to celebrate playing as long as you have!! You're my Township hero!!)

A beautiful thing from January 2017!
    Attached Images Attached Images

Quote Originally Posted by MissWilliamston View Post
    Nice task board! Can we say: "Tic tac BINGO!!!" I look at this and my mind wants to figure out how to do all these tasks in the shortest time. (Sometimes I have to tell myself: "Shutup and snowboard.")
    Míc Miller, ZAJDC4, t227:189+4, z192, iPad.
    Optimal Prime of The Beeline II co-op ~ the original "ultimate rules" based township design.

Quote Originally Posted by MissWilliamston View Post
    Oh, how I miss those days!!!!