Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Tasks

Tasks

Is the number of tasks limited to a co-op?

At the moment in silver league do can do 13 and buy one more. Another player tried to buy and couldn't.

It depends on which league your co-op is in. Look here http://township.wikia.com/wiki/Regatta and scroll down to "Regatta Leagues" to see how many tasks you can do depending on your league.
    I'm Allentown in co-op #PYK3C4
    Playing since dec. 2016, meanwhile on Android

Select the Race tab in your Regatta window and then select the Steering Wheel in the upper-right corner. There you will see your answer(s).
    Míc Miller, ZAJDC4, t227:189+4, z192, iPad.
    Optimal Prime of The Beeline II co-op ~ the original "ultimate rules" based township design.

Quote Originally Posted by pattyanne View Post
    Is the number of tasks limited to a co-op?

At the moment in silver league do can do 13 and buy one more. Another player tried to buy and couldn't.
    If you are saying that they've done 13 and want to buy the 14th, then have them check their "task completed list" and count the tasks they've "started". It's possible that they've failed (or dumped) one of their tasks and while it doesn't increase their score (0 points) it still counts as a task for them.

If you are saying you're in the silver league and it's only letting you do 13+1 task, then that is correct, each league has a limit on the number of tasks allotted and Mic Miller's response to your post tells you how to find out those limits.

I have a different question about tasks - a member of my co-op has read somewhere that only four 135-point tasks can ever be present on the board at once... Is this correct? I have read that teams load the entire board with 135's prior to entering the race!
    Town: Denton - The Home of Happiness
    Town Level: 110
    Zoo Level: 156
    Playing Since: December, 2016

Quote Originally Posted by Lisa Bowman View Post
    I have a different question about tasks - a member of my co-op has read somewhere that only four 135-point tasks can ever be present on the board at once... Is this correct? I have read that teams load the entire board with 135's prior to entering the race!
    It's most common to have a max of 4 135s from my experience. With consistent task dumping by officers, we have managed to have 5 up more than once, and only one time did we manage 6 so far. However, we are a small co-op, which means we have less folks that would be snatching those up as soon as they go on the board.

I want to be clear that this means dumping 100+ tasks at minimum to get to the 5 135s point, and it's difficult to maintain that many on the board at all times even with a small co-op such as ours. It's not unusual that we have dumped over 200 and still mostly had 4 at max most of the time up on the board.

Hope this helps!
    Last edited by Gammer; 11-26-2018 at 01:28 AM.
    Township: Hope ~ Friend Code: UEP84U ~ Co-op: The Four Winds #HE8QGM ~ Platform: Windows
    Zoo: Have a seat, and listen to my tales of woe.

Quote Originally Posted by Gammer View Post
    It's most common to have a max of 4 135s from my experience. With consistent task dumping by officers, we have managed to have 5 up more than once, and only one time did we manage 6 so far. However, we are a small co-op, which means we have less folks that would be snatching those up as soon as they go on the board.

I want to be clear that this means dumping 100+ tasks at minimum to get to the 5 135s point, and it's difficult to maintain that many on the board at all times even with a small co-op such as ours. It's not unusual that we have dumped over 200 and still mostly had 4 at max most of the time up on the board.

Hope this helps!
    I am in a co-op with 8-9 racers only, so your data is very relevant! And yes, I do understand the level of dumping required - I too experience this frustration!!

Thanks for taking the time to respond.

Quote Originally Posted by Gammer View Post

Hope this helps!
    But this does make it sound like perhaps there is not a "hard limit" on how many a co-op CAN have, but maybe that the odds of getting another 135 get lower as you have more of them on the board already, maybe??

Many months ago, a coop could fill the board with 135 tasks but not anymore. Since then, Playrix has put a cap on the max of 135 points we can get at the same time.
    Graylady, Forum member since may 2014 --- I am just a player, not a Playrix staff
    Playing on Android, not on Facebook
    Township level 202, Zoo 188 animals, --- Fishdom stop at 1518 --- Homescape stop at 650

Please read this important post by Playrix about Township : Wishes/requests already rejected by Playrix

Quote Originally Posted by Lisa Bowman View Post
    But this does make it sound like perhaps there is not a "hard limit" on how many a co-op CAN have, but maybe that the odds of getting another 135 get lower as you have more of them on the board already, maybe??
    From what Graylady said, there must be a magic cap number whatever it is. On the other hand, we are a Windows team and that means we're often last to get whatever changes are put into the game. Not sure what your platform is, and I have no idea if my theory about Windows (and maybe Mac) possibly not yet having that cap yet has any validity to it.

I can say from what we've witnessed that the more 135s you have up, the more you need to dump to get even one more.

Because I think it may help with understanding how we got our chances of success, I want to point out that we're even smaller--4 team members (as of this posting). We also don't have a min pt/task requirement, though we tend to take between the 125-135 pt tasks' range. We decided to approach the Regatta in a different way than max all pt tasks with the TC+ task that many do. Instead, we pick one of the bonus chests (tied to the buoys in the race) at the start of each race and we figure out what we need to average without the TC+ task to get to it.

So for Golden, we might either pick the highest (7700) or just below (6700) if we find ourselves up against a team that's already half way done or more at the start. This week, we're shooting for the 7700 (which means an average of 129 pts if all 15 are counted completed.) We may fall a bit shy, because the board has been unforgiving this week, but we may have hit the 6700 chest as I type this as we were that close before I checked the forum.

Playing with this strategy helps us set a more relaxed spirit where we focus on working towards that chest pt goal instead of placement. If we earn more points due to task availability (which we did last race, a silver), so be it. It also gives us some wiggle room if someone has a task drop on them even when they completed it (yes, this happens sometimes) where we can pick up the points with a TC+ task if needed. We often still place high, but the placement bonuses are just gravy when you approach the race this way. So far, this system has worked really well for us, but again, we're not vying for Global Leaderboard or any of that.

Because we're small and we're not trying to do all tasks at 135+, we've probably have had more flexibility to experiment with the board than a lot of teams can really spare. A few times we even dumped one or both of double 135s (like planes when everyone just doesn't want to do planes again) to try to get something easier in the higher range when all of us are already in a long task. As long as you have enough officers (we have 2 currently) that have the time to watch the board and the team communicates well about what they do or have no desire to do, it also makes task dumping easier. Again, not something that'd be easy for a large team because that is a lot to juggle with just the four of us and we don't have the reserve function that IOS/Android has. So all our reserves are agreed upon in the chat.
    Last edited by Gammer; 11-26-2018 at 03:03 AM.
    Township: Hope ~ Friend Code: UEP84U ~ Co-op: The Four Winds #HE8QGM ~ Platform: Windows
    Zoo: Have a seat, and listen to my tales of woe.