Thread: Multiple game forums - can this be restricted somehow via profile settings?

Multiple game forums - can this be restricted somehow via profile settings?

Hi,

When clicking on the new posts function, I am coming across a lot of unread information irrelevant to the Township game.

In some cases the topic title, or forum name, makes this difference obvious. However for most I cannot tell which game the post is related to. I only discover the relevance once I click on the unread post and then look at the breadcrumb trail at the top.

I'm wondering if there is anyway in our settings in which we can hide forums unrelated to Township?

Thanks

Playing since: Nov 2018 (on a P20 Mate Pro Android)
    Town name: SOULTOWN
    Co-op: Purple Paws (#PUREWU)
    Level: 50
    Zoo: Zoo lvl removed - started Zoo at town lvl 48
    League: Golden

... "You're welcome!"

There isn't such a setting, that is something that the developers of vBulletin would have to implement.
    However, in the New Posts view, on the right side you can see which forum/sub-forum the post belongs to.
    IMPORTANT: As a Township, Gardenscapes and Homescapes moderator, I only have power to maintain the forums.
    Township Support | Gardenscapes Support | Homescapes Support
    FORUM RULES

Quote Originally Posted by dreadnought View Post
    There isn't such a setting, that is something that the developers of vBulletin would have to implement.
    Understood - thank you for the swift reply.

Quote Originally Posted by dreadnought View Post
    However, in the New Posts view, on the right side you can see which forum/sub-forum the post belongs to.
    Do you have a different view (e.g. admin/mod maybe)? I don't see any forum Hierarchy in that field.

As mentioned in my first post, I only see the forum name the topic has been posted in. This only helps if the forum name has something related to the game in the title.

For example; All the games have a forum called General. If the topic title is also generic - you can't work out the game it relates to.

... "You're welcome!"

Don't know what you're referring to as "General", all forums/sub-forums have unique names (except for the "Contests"). When you open the "New Posts" view, you see this:

and you see that if you're logged in as a user (or even not logged in at all).
    IMPORTANT: As a Township, Gardenscapes and Homescapes moderator, I only have power to maintain the forums.
    FORUM RULES

Thanks for the screenshot and I confirm we are not talking at cross purposes.

To use your example screenshot - You've encircled a forum named Discussions. No Parent/Child (forum/sub forum) hierarchy is visible. Each game has it's own Discussions forum. Therefore you cannot identify which game the unread post relates to by forum, for any forum names that are generic.

In your same example, the topic title has Townsh included - so in this case most can work out that post is relevant to the Township game. However if the post title is also generic, then there is no way to identify which game the post is related to.

An example of this point again using your screenshot. How can you tell which game the line above your encircled new post relates to?

Thanks again for the help

... "You're welcome!"

Souldeep:

Township - Discussion
    Fishdom - Dive Into Discussion
    Gardenscapes - Garden Discussion
    Homescapes - Home Discussion

Seems pretty clear cut to me, that one could see which Forum Discussion to choose.

ETA: Discussion should all be plural “Discussions” in my listing above.
    Last edited by Nana; 11-23-2018 at 02:41 PM.
    Level 157
    Zoo Level 45
    IOS - iPad Air

Co-Op: Sogno Mare (Sea Dream) - Sail only for certain rewards.
    Town: Far Niente Bay

Ideas That Cannot Be Implemented At This Time (Or Ever)

What Nana said.
    Except for the "Contests" sub-forum, there are no duplicates in names, so one can easily tell which one is which.
    FORUM RULES