Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Design Criticisms

Nana, I agree with with your entire statement. Deco has never been my thing anyhow. It’s so over done and much of it has had that cartoonish/unrealistic theme. When I started playing many years ago the game was about building a town and farming, now its much like ripping pages out of a child’s coloring book and pasting them in your town lol. A little negativity is also needed now and then as it may breed some form of creativity which has been lacking for two years.

You know, Regatta 135, I just don’t understand why Playrix has allow this game to become so stagnant. They have greatly increased their employees from their earliest days. Maybe creativity and originality isn’t rewarded by the company? Only stay within the parameters of cookie cutter ideas done over and over and over again, must be the company motto.

Nearly everyone I know, who have played up to and beyond Level 100, are playing 1 or 2 other games on the side - and some have left the game altogether. Player complaints, here and on Facebook, seem to just not register with the developers. We could be upgrading Community Buildings, selling old housing and constructing new - doing anything other than sit around waiting for trains and planes, or playing the same Events continuously.
    Level 154
    Zoo Level 45
    IOS - iPad Air

Co-Op: Sogno Mare (Sea Dream) - Sail only for certain rewards.
    Town: Far Niente Bay

Ideas That Cannot Be Implemented At This Time (Or Ever)

I have moved on myself Nana as there are no rewards or accomplishments left for me in Township. I log in and send a plane once a day to keep my log in streak and consecutive airplane streak alive but beyond that there is no meaningful gameplay. Events and racing provide rewards that only get sold or go to storage so no point to either, plus the effort for both is too much if you wanna win. [...] I truly hope sometime down the road that maybe something will be added in Township that may help the long time players stay or come back but I think that ship has sailed, pun intended lmao. Endless decorations and what I view as a bad design overall just isn’t enough to keep me going and many people I have played with for years have long since left. I was talking to one earlier and she had asked me if anything has changed and I said nope, just the same regatta, deco, event routine. I won’t share her response lmao.
    Last edited by dreadnought; 11-24-2018 at 07:33 PM. Reason: removed discussion of other games

Well said ,Nana. I’m close to moving on for the reasons you’ve mentioned. Certainly will restrict my spending from now on unless something special happens.

Quote Originally Posted by Nana View Post
    You know, Regatta 135, I just don’t understand why Playrix has allow this game to become so stagnant. They have greatly increased their employees from their earliest days. Maybe creativity and originality isn’t rewarded by the company? Only stay within the parameters of cookie cutter ideas done over and over and over again, must be the company motto.

Nearly everyone I know, who have played up to and beyond Level 100, are playing 1 or 2 other games on the side - and some have left the game altogether. Player complaints, here and on Facebook, seem to just not register with the developers. We could be upgrading Community Buildings, selling old housing and constructing new - doing anything other than sit around waiting for trains and planes, or playing the same Events continuously.
    Muh. I agree with you completely. After I finished my zoo I was really at a loss. I’m very picky about what I put in my town as I too come from the early days of Township (5 years) when it was a town design game and not a regatta plus event game. I play regatta only if there is something I want to add to my town, same with events but there aren’t really too many interesting decorations or added town features. I only expand my town if there is something interesting to add. Now I check into my town out of habit. I have other games but they’re closed games with clear objectives, storylines and a beginning and end. Township will be the last game like this I play and of course I have fond feelings for the game and players.

Started a fun challenging game called (No names please, Mod), it’s a thinking mans game, very rewarding. I also found out that I can get completely lost in any (same again) game except (****) because that one is way too difficult. Love (*****) These games however aren’t as relaxing as Township. I really wish the developers here would pander a bit more to the design elements of the game, they can have regatta-events and cater to those of us who were really interested in building more realistic towns. My town is quite realistic and I love my zoo but I never ever felt that I had to clutter my town with every building, factory whatever and I’m glad I didn’t fall into that trap. If they add more items that fit my town I’ll add them but I only really check in now because of friends and coop members, not because the game is offering anything interesting.
    Last edited by Bessville; 11-28-2018 at 06:50 AM. Reason: Edited as per rule #12

I agree with much of the above. The tree options are so lacking that I have not expanded my town in certain squares where there are particularly large or pretty groups of trees just so I won't lose them. While I do enjoy the colorful less natural trees too, we need the ability to buy all of the large natural trees that we see in the unexpanded areas of our towns, and if the devs were to add an even greater tree selection than that I would be very happy.

It is all about balance imo, I do tend to the more natural, but I don't want them to throw the baby out with the bath water either - a floating cow or flying saucer here and there are fun, its when there isn't a balance when it gets nauseating. They need to offer both and currently I think they are more often in theme park territory with decorations, so some course correction there would be welcome too.

I agree...I would like to have more variety of trees, shrubs, flowers, gardens, parks, hills, walkways, benches, and greenery. And I'd like to be able to use the footpaths from the zoo in the town. A large park with people actually walking around in it would be nice. I'd love to have a pier or bridge with people fishing off of it. A gorge or canyon would be awesome, with water flowing in and out so it could be placed along a river (I want a gorge below my power plant, like you would see in real life.) How about log cabins, or a large campground?

I like to keep my town looking natural and realistic. Some whimsical things are okay, especially for seasonal decoration. But enough already with the goofy cow, pig, and sheep stuff! No more, unless it's a realistic pasture they can graze on.

It would be nice to have some tourist shops or stands that sell seashells, sunglasses, or hats like you would see in a real beach town. Maybe some special sand for the beach with glittering seashells in it? Why are there no sand castles?

I'd like to be able to use more than one sign in my town for different areas. It would be nice to use the seasonal town signs separately. And I'd like to have a ticket gateway, with a sign on top for my amusement park, that you can put a custom name on just like the town sign.

I also agree with nana. I love some of the fren decos in the zoo enclosures. Especially the crocodile pen. I often wish i could make a swampy area.
    Town name: The Big Easy
    Co-op name: Nicole's Big Easy
    Co-op: # NC5KD4
    Friend #64NSBM