Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Create a Winter (Township) Village in your living room

Quote Originally Posted by Bessville View Post
    You know when you foolishly do a thing once, it goes unexpectedly well, and the kids then demand you do it forever? That's me with themed birthday cakes, lol. I've managed to pass my creations off as sufficiently expert to fool small children so far, but am fast running out of ideas (or at least ideas I stand any chance of recreating in sugarpaste, lol). As the kids age, so their expectations increase, though my skills most definitely do not. Your bases reminded me of royal icing, which got my mind running down the Christmas cake road. I'm thinking edible buildings/decos/landscape/water and then it's just plopping on a few plastic animals. I could even make a tiny fondant hotdog dude and then let the kids create their own little vignette to show his (un)timely demise by whatever method they think is most fitting for Township's most sinister occupant. That's the kind of activity we'd enjoy as a family
    Thank you for the explanation, Bess.
    Through your explanation I can see that 'landscape' exectly in my mind.
    This makes it more clear to me how your birthday cakes fit perfectly with this subject.
    You are such a Sweet Mum

"Share it, share it, share it!"
    Change what you can't accept. Accept what you can't change
    Way2FindMe: #MJZH6C (Mijn boerderij)/Ruud's city of Rock 'nd LOL/level 111/Android

Thank you Score!
    One must think how I ever got time to play Township in these periode

And thanks Virginia,
    Creating that mounds of icing slapped on haphazardly must be fun!
    Last edited by Rocky_Ruud; 11-17-2018 at 04:36 AM.
    Way2FindMe: #MJZH6C (Mijn boerderij)/Ruud's city of Rock 'nd LOL/level 111/Android

So I did it! And I blame you 100% Ruude! Lolz just kidding! But I did go out and start a village I’ve done a pre- setup to get the layout right and within the next day or so I will be putting it up for real and I’ll take pictures of it then. Until then I hope your happy for bringing on all this holiday cheer early!
    Town Name: Garden Grove
    Current Level: 77
    Co-op Name: Ilvirmorny
    Co-op Code: #VZK9Q8
    Zoo level: Love the New Zoo but it changes on the reg.

Quote Originally Posted by Virginia_Gardens View Post
    So I did it! And I blame you 100% Ruude! Lolz just kidding! But I did go out and start a village I’ve done a pre- setup to get the layout right and within the next day or so I will be putting it up for real and I’ll take pictures of it then. Until then I hope your happy for bringing on all this holiday cheer early!
    Great to hear you've got the vibes, Virginia
    While having a good time creating your village blame it on the boogie

Time for a Sneak Peak. Snow is expected next week and more trees will grow.
    After that, of course, the townies are welcome in this Village!

Last edited by Rocky_Ruud; 11-22-2018 at 08:12 PM.

Wow Ruude with the lights on and the different levels or landscaping it’s looking really great I finished mine but left the same day for families for the holiday week. I’ll be returning today so I’ll post pictures very soon!

Wow Ruude with the lights on and the different levels or landscaping it’s looking really great I finished mine but left the same day for families for the holiday week. I’ll be returning today so I’ll post pictures very soon!
    Hope you had a good time over there and of course I am very curious about the village you created

This is the first year so I only have one small piece but I remember so clearly Santa’s workshop being a main focal point as a child so this is just had to be the first piece! I ran into some snags along the way I most definitely will not be using that same snow next year as it was quite troublesome to work with and even still my lighter pieces are so precariously balanced that the slightlest thing will knock them over. Which should be so much fun when my boys really get a hold of it! Lolz Anyways, I hope y’all enjoy and I can’t wait to see more of what everyone else has.

This is the first year so I only have one small piece but I remember so clearly Santa’s workshop being a main focal point as a child so this is just had to be the first piece! I ran into some snags along the way I most definitely will not be using that same snow next year as it was quite troublesome to work with and even still my lighter pieces are so precariously balanced that the slightlest thing will knock them over. Which should be so much fun when my boys really get a hold of it! Lolz Anyways, I hope y’all enjoy and I can’t wait to see more of what everyone else has.
    That is a really nice scene you've made, Virginia, with the house of Santa Claus as main item!
    Snow blanket works better with more-heavy itens placed on it but you succeeded with the lighter ones.
    Those deer on the right also occur in my landscape. A good start and so nice to build it with your children!
    It's learning in process so enjoy what you just created! *thumbs up*

Not happening.
    Johnalex Zarco
    Coop: United Federation
    Coop Position: Leader/Coleader
    Coop Tag: #UN28CX
    Town Name(s): Daimler-Kingston Industries.
    Playing Township Mobile since May 2016
    "Every way of a man is right in his own eyes, But the Lord weighs the hearts." ~Proverbs 21:2 NKJV