Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Create a Winter (Township) Village in your living room

Quote Originally Posted by Virginia_Gardens View Post
    Oh wow! That sounds astounding you should do set up and design for big places like the mall or the zoo. Here in Houston our Zoo does an event called zoo lights and they have a portion for the children to look at with a Christmas village that has several trains, different levels of landscape, and lots of lighted houses/cottages.
    A few years ago a garden shop organized a Christmas village builders contest. Unfortunately I could not combine with my work schedule with this event, otherwise I would have liked to participate. So your suggestion was right! And how nice the Zoo creates that for children!
    This Tuesday we will go back to our favorite garden center to taste the Xmas atmosphere and off course to buy 'some' stuff;D

Quote Originally Posted by Virginia_Gardens View Post
    Growing up we had the electric villages that were made from ceramic. We would put them on white table runner clothe and every year would buy this fake snow fluff that we would sprinkle around. Now not to date myself but it’s been almost a decade since I lived at home but I vaguely remember some of the shops and homes we had a Santa’s work shop with small elf like figures a, shoe repair shop, a toy store, a cafe, and several snowy topped cottages. My favorite figures were the sled with all right reindeer and these two figurines of girls ice skating which I used to pretend was my sister and I.

Writing all this really brings it all back I’ll definitly have to go out and get at least one piece this year! ☺️

Oh but yea Thanksgiving is always the 4th Thursday in November so this year it is the 22nd.
    Nice memories you have and it made me remember my dad replaced the tealights with Christmas tree lights, creative as he always was.
    Thanks, I will keep that in mind.
    Change what you can't accept. Accept what you can't change
    Way2FindMe: #MJZH6C (Mijn boerderij)/Ruud's city of Rock 'nd LOL/level 111/Android

Quote Originally Posted by Magnolia Township View Post
    We also have a village of ceramic houses, churches etc. That we set up for the holidays. Because it was added to over the years, everything is not on the same scale so it is very much like Township!
    Nice! Curious about what you gonna create this year!
    Way2FindMe: #MJZH6C (Mijn boerderij)/Ruud's city of Rock 'nd LOL/level 111/Android

A little update:
    After the base was in place, the thinking process started: How to put som Township in the village this year?
    We got allready a lot of stuff in stock so what makes Township Township?

- A city hall as a central point.

- A farm that supplies products.

- And a shed to store those products, for lack of it I have a (by many of you desired) silo.

- And a train to transport the goods ...

Not everything is in place yet and there is room for more ...
    Last edited by Rocky_Ruud; 11-16-2018 at 07:32 PM.

That's very impressive, Ruud. You're making me want to start on an elaborate Township-themed Christmas cake..

Quote Originally Posted by Bessville View Post
    That's very impressive, Ruud. You're making me want to start on an elaborate Township-themed Christmas cake..
    Sounds Jammie, Bess!
    Do you like to bake themed cakes?

Quote Originally Posted by Rocky_Ruud View Post
    Sounds Jammie, Bess!
    Did someone say my name?
    📆Playing since: August 31st 2017 (iOS) 📆
    🍓Name: JammyJamFam 🍓
    👌Level: 64 👌
    🤝Co-op tag: Tethra Helix #EX3US2🤝
    💵 Loyal Member of the Spending Suckers Club 💵

🔮“And remember that bad times...are just times that are bad...”🔮

Quote Originally Posted by JammyJamFam View Post
    Did someone say my name?
    I ment it sounds tasty

And Bess, I even think about drawing some Christmas balls or other decorations for in the Xmas tree, so the kids can participate on this also.

Quote Originally Posted by Rocky_Ruud View Post
    Sounds Jammie, Bess!
    Do you like to bake themed cakes?
    You know when you foolishly do a thing once, it goes unexpectedly well, and the kids then demand you do it forever? That's me with themed birthday cakes, lol. I've managed to pass my creations off as sufficiently expert to fool small children so far, but am fast running out of ideas (or at least ideas I stand any chance of recreating in sugarpaste, lol). As the kids age, so their expectations increase, though my skills most definitely do not. Your bases reminded me of royal icing, which got my mind running down the Christmas cake road. I'm thinking edible buildings/decos/landscape/water and then it's just plopping on a few plastic animals. I could even make a tiny fondant hotdog dude and then let the kids create their own little vignette to show his (un)timely demise by whatever method they think is most fitting for Township's most sinister occupant. That's the kind of activity we'd enjoy as a family

Ruud, you have way too much free time seriously though, looks simply amazing!!
    Game Name: This Is It
    Town Name: Hank
    Town Level: 173
    Castaway Co op
    Platform: Kindle Fire
    I'm Loving Memory of My Dear Friend and a founding Member of The Bonkers and Sucker's Spending Club: Love You, Kim

It’s looking awesome Ruude!

And I do hope we’ll get pics Magnolia.

I think it’s pretty impressive Bess that you can decorate a cake to look like anything other than just mounds of icing slapped on haphazardly! Lolz that’s what mine always look like!
    Town Name: Garden Grove
    Current Level: 77
    Co-op Name: Ilvirmorny
    Co-op Code: #VZK9Q8
    Zoo level: Love the New Zoo but it changes on the reg.