Thread: 05.11 New Feature in Regattas

05.11 New Feature in Regattas

Ahoy, Yachtsmen!

IMPORTANT NEWS! 😯 Co-op leaders and co-leaders can now restrict inactive members from participating in regattas!

💥 Tap their name in the list of co-op members and choose "Restrict from regatta" in the pop-up window;
    💥 If you've been restricted, you'll get a notification in the co-op chat;
    💥 To take part in the following seasonal regatta, check off the corresponding point in Settings.

How useful is that, guys? 🔽

Last edited by Anna Petrova; 12-04-2018 at 01:41 PM.

I recommend to read through this thread.

I personally find it a bad decision by Playrix to let another player change settings in my town.
    No matter the "well-meant" reasons.

I love the idea. We have had members who never make the requirement set forth for continuing in the regatta play and others who go above and beyond. It's not equitable to those that knock themselves out to receive the same prizes as the ones who only do minimal effort. We used to kick the members when they didn't make the minimum after 3 times. Now, we can just restrict their receiving rewards prior to the end of the regatta and if they don't like the rules, they can either step up or they can leave on their own. Also, when someone goes on vacation and forgets to opt out, we can now opt them out when we see inactivity and it doesn't affect the rest of the team. Good work developers.

I wish this was implemented in the Windows version also. I play the windows game more than the android. But, I would rather see that "Only" the coop leader have that decision, instead of co-leaders to. Because a lot of people make a lot of co-leaders in coops. And some co-leaders can cause a lot of troubles.

Not a good idea when the person who set up the co-op then stops playing

Quote Originally Posted by alliecb View Post
    Not a good idea when the person who set up the co-op then stops playing
    I think having a leaderless coop creates so many other issues I'd feel forced to start a new one in that scenario anyway, whether this function was limited to them or not.

Great idea. In the past to win the regatta with people who refused to change their status to 'not racing' the only option was to kick them out. This way seems a less harsh option.

Quote Originally Posted by Bessville View Post
    I think having a leaderless coop creates so many other issues I'd feel forced to start a new one in that scenario anyway, whether this function was limited to them or not.
    I agree. Also, shows how important it is to have co-leaders

OMG. Nothing good can come from implementing that. I choose to sit out regattas occasionally , so now I risk restriction at someone's whimsy. Very negative.