Page 6 of 12 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Thread: NEW - Restrict from Regatta Feature guide

Quote Originally Posted by Truliville View Post
    This was what I was wondering/ thinking too. It would be of no benefit to a co-op to restrict someone mid race if it will not change their status, are they going to move them to race against teams with a lower number of racers?
    Quote Originally Posted by JJay View Post
    Again I'm a solo racer, so this feature doesn't affect me, but I don't think that they will move a team to another group with fewer racers, because if the player who has been restricted has already scored any points that would be totally unfair. Bee didn't mention that in the original post, so it seems likely that it doesn't happen.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bessville View Post
    I had assumed the status change wouldn't take effect until after the current race is over, in the same way as changing our own status doesn't. Has this been tested and proved to definitely not be the case? Surely that would cause awful problems if the number of racers could suddenly alter, mid-regatta?
    Here's me wondering the same thing back on page 2 of all this, lol. But apparently we keep the restricted player's points, so I guess they don't move the team, or else their points would have to go with the player to make it fair.
    Last edited by Bessville; 11-03-2018 at 06:12 AM.

We didn’t get grouped with different teams, however I’m sure not everyone has the update so we really wouldn’t know for sure. And we better not because that will create a whole new can of worms with exploiting a loophole etc

I will test again with my coop on restricting right before regatta starts and opting in right before etc and see what changes

[QUOTE=Bessville;1310174]I nearly accidentally restricted a racer earlier today when I tapped their name in chat meaning to hit the 'visit' button and nearly hit the new and unexpected 'restrict' one underneath it instead. Teach me to look what I'm doing - eek!

Bessville, it would seem this new restrict option does not ask the leader/co-leader to verify if they are sure they want to restrict the co-op member from racing. If so, I can see a lot of players being accidentally opted out and will be bad feelings if those players end up with no rewards.
    Love makes everything grow more beautiful

Quote Originally Posted by sunshine and rainbows View Post
    Bessville, it would seem this new restrict option does not ask the leader/co-leader to verify if they are sure they want to restrict the co-op member from racing. If so, I can see a lot of players being accidentally opted out and will be bad feelings if those players end up with no rewards.
    Oh, do you mean you tried it? I didn't actually hit the button, I just nearly did, so I never saw if there was a confirm or not..

[QUOTE=sunshine and rainbows;1311091]
    Quote Originally Posted by Bessville View Post
    I nearly accidentally restricted a racer earlier today when I tapped their name in chat meaning to hit the 'visit' button and nearly hit the new and unexpected 'restrict' one underneath it instead. Teach me to look what I'm doing - eek!

It does, there’s a warning pop up box after u press the button asking if you really want to restrict his member from the current regatta. You have to press ok for it to take effect

[QUOTE=Bee22;1311161]
    Quote Originally Posted by sunshine and rainbows View Post

It does, there’s a warning pop up box after u press the button asking if you really want to restrict his member from the current regatta. You have to press ok for it to take effect
    Good. That makes me feel better, thanks Bee

Bessville, your 'eek!' had me assuming it would happen, sorry for reading more into it. Because I have read on this forum how sometimes a member of a co-op has been accidentally kicked out mid-regatta - 'Silly mistakes that make you feel like a total plum' is one thread that comes to mind - it did also make me think there'd be no safeguard.

Thanks so much, Bee22, for the information. Good to know there's a warning pop up box. We can breathe a little easier.

I do think the best benefit is to be able to opt out a co-op member if an emergency or an event in their actual life means they are suddenly not active, as other forum members have said.
    Love makes everything grow more beautiful

I just got myself restricted in the middle of a relay task, the task stayed and available to take by another member and I’m opted out lol
    Town name: grumpBAE or bee, it depends lol
    Coop: Snowflake (#SNHMNF)
    Level: 218

Quote Originally Posted by Bee22 View Post
    I just got myself restricted in the middle of a relay task, the task stayed and available to take by another member and I’m opted out lol
    Lol, did your points stay?
    Game Name: This Is It
    Town Name: Hank
    Town Level: 178
    Platform: Kindle Fire
    I'm Loving Memory of My Dear Friend and a founding Member of The Bonkers and Sucker's Spending Club: Love You, Kim

I don't know about all this. I really won't be using I'll just kick them out if they don't follow the rules. Than tell them if there is a reason why to rejoin and we can talk about it. I really wish instead of this ******** (no swearing please - mod) they would have done where we can see how much each player has done like we can in the inter seasonal racing.
    Last edited by Bessville; 11-03-2018 at 04:40 PM.