Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Sneak Peek #1 - Already???

Just read update for iOS is out - next regatta season theme is "jungle".

Yes, I just installed the update. As JJay shows, leaders and co-leaders can now restrict members from participating in Regattas. Since I am a solo coop, this has no impact on me. What are your thoughts in larger coops? Good? Bad? Meh?
    Level 164
    Zoo Level 45
    IOS - iPad Air

Co-Op: Sogno Mare (Sea Dream) - Sail only for certain rewards.
    Town: Far Niente Bay

Ideas That Cannot Be Implemented At This Time (Or Ever)

It apparently has this very interesting addition as well :

Screenshot_2018-10-31-11-34-13.jpg

Sorry, was trying to edit and accidentally deleted, but this is what Nana was talking about
    Last edited by JJay; 10-31-2018 at 11:39 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Nana View Post
    Yes, I just installed the update. As JJay shows, leaders and co-leaders can now restrict members from participating in Regattas. Since I am a solo coop, this has no impact on me. What are your thoughts in larger coops? Good? Bad? Meh?
    Hmm. I only see the option to 'Restrict from Regatta' when I look at teammates who are set to Racing. So if I had a member I didn't wish to allow to race, I'd have to wait (potentially to the last moment before race start if that's when they changed their setting) to override their status. Doesn't bother me, personally, but I can see it being awkward. What I can't tell at this point is whether they can then override my override, and just put themselves right back to Racing again.

The jungle season sounds interesting. We’ll see. There are only 2 land expansions in the same general area as the last update expansions.
    Level 164
    Zoo Level 45
    IOS - iPad Air

Co-Op: Sogno Mare (Sea Dream) - Sail only for certain rewards.
    Town: Far Niente Bay

Ideas That Cannot Be Implemented At This Time (Or Ever)

Must say I am really uncomfortable with the idea that somebody else can change my racing status. I get it's their co-op, but I would prefer to be kicked out than have somebody else able to change a setting in my town, it just feels wrong to me.

Quote Originally Posted by Ashdust View Post
    Must say I am really uncomfortable with the idea that somebody else can change my racing status. I get it's their co-op, but I would prefer to be kicked out than have somebody else able to change a setting in my town, it just feels wrong to me.
    I guess if I was to drop my iPad down the loo or something, it would be reassuring to know my friends could opt me out in a pinch rather than being forced to kick and reinvite me.

Seems like some of the "Ideas That CANNOT Be Implemented At This Time (Or Ever)", (#18) can actually be implemented. Maybe we shouldn't give up on trying for some of the others

O dear they change the keyboard. Can no longer paste from Google translate. Also the writing line is gone and the language correction function has to be indicated again each time by clicking on the global ball if you want to type a post. That is very difficult if English is not your home language

Quote Originally Posted by JJay View Post
    Seems like some of the "Ideas That CANNOT Be Implemented At This Time (Or Ever)", (#18) can actually be implemented. Maybe we shouldn't give up on trying for some of the others
    Well, that's why it says 'at this time or ever'. Some of them are 'at this time' and some are 'ever'. Guess this one was the former case. I suppose the list serves to keep the Devs' options somewhat open while making no concrete promises, but also communicating that the idea (whatever it is) has at least occurred to them already.