Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Recycling Center [Merged]

Recycling Center [Merged]

I'm not an environmentalist nut job but I think it would be cool if township recycles and I'm not referring to garbage pails on every street corner. I'm talking about having the ability to break material down to its bare components if needed. For example, say you need glue but don't have the time to produce it. You can recycle any number of items that contain glue as an ingredient (say boats or books) and immediately get glue or if you needed watermelon and don't have time to send out a boat, you can break down (recycle) a watermelon jam to get 3 watermelons. If this has been brought up before and turned down, I apologize

Recycling is not the breaking down of things. It is:

- convert (waste) into reusable material; or
    - return (material) to a previous stage in a cyclic process.

Recycling a boat would not return it to glue and plastic. Once the glue is bonded to the plastic it is no longer glue. So instead of asking for recycling, perhaps you could ask for disassembling of objects to get to its original components.

As an almost "environmentalist nut job" that sounds better to me than calling it recycling, which it is not.
    We are a team of a few good people who are in the golden league!

Name: You can call me Bob
    My Co-Op: Teamwork (#E3ESY7 - http://bit.ly/CoOpRules)
    My Town: Schitt's Creek
    Friend Code: 6TTK54
    Operating system: Android

Thanks for the clarification; I stand corrected.

Recycling Center, Printing Shop and Other Buildings

What about a recycling center? Somewhere we can turn in things we don't need/want and get the raw materials. For instance, pancakes. Recycle them and get one honeycomb, one egg and one sugar cube back.

Township100

Recycling Center

I wish there was a factory or special building that recycled products by giving back the products used in making that item. For example, if you wanted to recycle a cupcake, it would return the 1 sugar cube, 5 eggs, and 1 cream that's used to make it.

I've seen this request before (from someone else) and I don't think the devs will bite. It would be another way to store stuff, so it would throw the game balance off.
    We are a team of a few good people who are in the golden league!

Name: You can call me Bob
    My Co-Op: Teamwork (#E3ESY7 - http://bit.ly/CoOpRules)
    My Town: Schitt's Creek
    Friend Code: 6TTK54
    Operating system: Android

ooh, to store stuff... right, and didn't think of that! found it a nice idea indeed.

Township100
    Quote Originally Posted by 2crazy4u View Post
    I've seen this request before (from someone else) and I don't think the devs will bite. It would be another way to store stuff, so it would throw the game balance off.
    Can you explain further what you mean by it being another way to store stuff? I'm still relatively new to this game and not sure I understand what you mean by that.

I have a factory idea for a recycling center where we recycle rubber, paper and plastic for a new group of items just like real recycling works.
    Last edited by dreadnought; 12-19-2018 at 11:31 AM.
    MacOS Platform
    Level 124
    iMac exchange co-op

I think it would be awesome to be able to turn in complete products to get back raw materials. For example, turn in a beach ball.....you get plastic and glue.