Thread: Recruiting New Members

Recruiting New Members

Who can place an ad? Do you have to be a leader? Can an elder or co-leader recruit new members? Help. We need more members.

Quote Originally Posted by Zanyville View Post
    Who can place an ad? Do you have to be a leader? Can an elder or co-leader recruit new members? Help. We need more members.
    AFAIK there are no "restrictions" here on the forums as to who can make posts, your co-op status does not affect your membership on these forums. And it's possible that not all leaders have accounts or access to these forums.

However, you may want to check with the leader before recruiting for the co-op, if only to coordinate the requirements for new players. Co-Leaders and Elders can issue invitations and accept requests to join the co-op so if you've been trusted with those capabilities, recruiting is not far from that but I would recommend discussing it with the leader first. If the leader does not want new members you may find yourself without a co-op

Hi,

You don't need to be a leader in order to post a co-op ad on the forum, anyone can do it. However, accepting new members is something that is usually discussed with the leader of the co-op, as in some cases, where the co-op's settings are set to "by request", or "closed", only leaders/co-leaders or elders and above can let a new member join.

If your co-op wants to recruit new members, you can post an ad in one of the threads listed below, depending on your co-op's level of competitiveness:
    - Relaxed Co-ops looking for new members
    - Moderately Competitive Co-ops looking for new members
    - Highly Competitive Co-ops looking for new members

Alternatively, you can check out the Players Looking to join a Co-op thread, where you can contact the players who advertised themselves there, via private message, if you think they would be a good fit in your co-op.

Good luck!
    IMPORTANT: As a Township, Gardenscapes and Homescapes moderator, I only have power to maintain the forums.
    Township Support | Gardenscapes Support | Homescapes Support
    FORUM RULES

I went to the section for "Relaxed Co-ops". I can see the ads. But on my screen I only see "Reply to thread". I want to post an ad. There is a sample from but I do not see how to use it. Can't just fill in the blanks. And I do not use facebook.

I went to the section for "Relaxed Co-ops". I can see the ads. But on my screen I only see "Reply to thread". I want to post an ad. There is a sample from but I do not see how to use it. Can't just fill in the blanks. And I do not use facebook.
    That is the way to do it. Click on Reply to Thread, write the ad you want to post, then Post Quick Reply (or Submit Reply), and your ad will be posted.

Regarding the sample in the first post, you can't just fill in the blanks, but rather copy-paste it and complete it with the information you want to share. It's more of a suggestion, not mandatory.
    Last edited by dreadnought; 10-06-2018 at 11:31 PM.
    IMPORTANT: As a Township, Gardenscapes and Homescapes moderator, I only have power to maintain the forums.
    Township Support | Gardenscapes Support | Homescapes Support
    FORUM RULES

Thank you. I will give it a try!