Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Upgrade existing shops or get beverage shop?

Upgrade existing shops or get beverage shop?

I'm unsure whether to concentrate on upgrading the zoo shops i already have and get the next animal enclosure, or get the beverage shop as soon as possible.
    Would love to hear what other people did in similar situation

I haven't bought the beverage shop yet and till now I don't feel the need to.
    Instead of that I choose to upgrade the other shops.
    The first reason to do so was the big amount of money for that shop.
    I also am very selective on buying enclosures, that provides some room in my zoo
    Beside that I had the stragety to upgrade four shops on hearts till 50 percent asap and work with Raja on high value hot items.
    Just arrived at level 45 this morning so that worked out just fine!

Upgrading your shops gives more benefits in my eyes.
    Mo money, less time, more hearts to level up and valuable gifts as gems and wood etc.

Keep on Rocking
    Change what you can't accept. Accept what you can't change
    Way2FindMe: #MJZH6C (Mijn boerderij)/Ruud's city of Rock 'nd LOL/level 102/Android

Well done getting to level 45!

Thanks for the advice Ruud, it sounds like I need to prioritise my shops over the enclosures for a little while as well.

I just checked my shops and for hearts I have 3 of them at 30% 2 at 10% 1 at 15% and 1 at 0%. At the moment levelling up is so hard.

If you do hot zoo tasks in the regatta, I'd get the beverage shop. It's another place you can stuff products and get rewarded.
    Playing since 9/19/2016
    Level 97
    Zoo level = I hate the new zoo
    Co-op A-team (by request) #4YD4J9
    iOS

A few observations I made along the way:

Both the Petting Zoo and the Beverage Shop require a lot of timber for their upgrades. My Beverage Shop requires 32 (plus glass and duct tape) to upgrade to level 10. Since timber is also used to build enclosures, you'll need to sell a lot of items to gather it.

I focused on getting the first 4 shops up to level 24, +50% Hearts, -30% Time, +5% Coins, 8 Baskets total. This helps in both getting lots of hearts for rewards and in Regatta Tasks (if the Hot Products are favorable).

The next 2 shops focused on getting the extra shelves so that they too had 8. This ended up with 48 baskets for regatta tasks and made them much more manageable. Then I worked on getting them upgraded to +50% Hearts - at least level 19 (or thereabouts).

I added enclosures when they became available and eventually bought the last 2 shops which are now my priority for upgrading towards the maximum of 8 baskets, I still have a long way to go as the timber requirement for each of them keeps going up. They're sitting at level 10 and 9 respectively with 6 baskets each.

Since I wanted to shorten the time for regatta tasks, I concentrated on Baskets, Hearts, and Time in that order and chose whichever of those became available when upgrading. I did not concern myself with upgrading coins so they are all sitting at 5% because there is at least one upgrade where coins was the only thing you could do. A lot of people use the Zoo to get more coins so you might have a different priority.

Now I'm at Zoo level 42 and I'm satisfied where the shops sit at the moment so I'm going after the mythical "Level 45". If I ever get there, I'll resume the shop upgrades.

I don't know if this helps at all but it might give you some information on what you'll run into as you upgrade further.
    Last edited by cdosr; 10-02-2018 at 10:56 AM. Reason: Typo

cdosr thanks for taking the time to share all that information

It is a great help, I didnt consider an increase in materials needed to upgrade the beverage shop.

Coins definitely aren't a priority for me in the zoo, I think I will follow what you have done with your shops as it sounds very productive. Taking a proper look at my zoo shops the lack of upgrades I have done is shocking.

Concentrating on 4 shops first seems to have worked well for you and Ruud, so hopefully it will for me too
    Last edited by Downton; 10-01-2018 at 06:38 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Downton View Post
    Well done getting to level 45!

Thanks for the advice Ruud, it sounds like I need to prioritise my shops over the enclosures for a little while as well.

I just checked my shops and for hearts I have 3 of them at 30% 2 at 10% 1 at 15% and 1 at 0%. At the moment levelling up is so hard.
    Thank you!
    With the hint from cdosr in mind it could be useful for your strategy to visit the zoo department of our dear and beloved TS wiki.
    By consulting the Zoo Upgrades per shop you can get more insight in the kind and amount of needed materials for your upgrades.

Sometimes it seems a long way to get the goals in your game, especially in the zoo.
    Just remember/don't forget... Enjoy the ride!!!
    Change what you can't accept. Accept what you can't change
    Way2FindMe: #MJZH6C (Mijn boerderij)/Ruud's city of Rock 'nd LOL/level 102/Android

Completely agree to cdosr, at least I followed the same thoughts and strategy. Basically you're good with 7 shops, there are some advantages coming with the 8th one, but they're most probably not worth the 300k coins you have to pay for it. So it should not be top priority to get the last one imo.
    I only added a thing that became decisive for feeling good about all this: I completely forgot about the beverage shop lol.

Thanks for the reminder!
    Last edited by Lousy; 10-02-2018 at 04:47 AM.

Hey Lousy, thanks for sharing your experience with the zoo also. This does indeed sound like a great strategy and I really appreciate being pointed in the right direction. Sorry for the reminder,lol.

Ruud, I would love to see what the upgrades require, but looked on wiki and I can't see them

Quote Originally Posted by Downton View Post

Ruud, I would love to see what the upgrades require, but looked on wiki and I can't see them
    Hi. I think to see upgrade materials you have to go to the zoo buildings page on wiki :

http://township.wikia.com/wiki/Zoo_B...#Zoo_Buildings

and click on each individual shop, eg

http://township.wikia.com/wiki/Snack_Bar