Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Interview with Emma, aka Nevada

Awesome to get to know you a little more through this interview. As a mod you and your colleagues are doing a great job.
    One of my coop members also has a five year old son and he is on TS too! Indeed a child-friendly and instructive game for those little ones.
    (Hope I don't sound to Googleious)

Nice interview Nevada! I thank you and all the mods over the past year for all the tips and answers to questions. It has really helped me enjoy the game more.
    Town: Katucket
    Co-op: Flying Cloud #FYWW7J
    Playing on Kindle since August 2017

Nevada, that was a class interview. A good read.
    Thanks for sharing with us.

Kind Regards,
    Cobalt
    Town - DALISCAPE

Be kind.

Great interview Nevada! It was nice to get to take a peek into all that genius! You truly are a great person and have always been so warm and welcoming. Question what type of paws are those?
    Town Name: Garden Grove
    Current Level: 77
    Co-op Name: Ilvirmorny
    Co-op Code: #VZK9Q8
    Zoo level: Love the New Zoo but it changes on the reg.

What a wonderful interview Nevada - lovely getting to know you more. Am so impressed with and thankful for your enthusiasm and positivity.
    Again - thank you - and thank you Playrix!
    Sandy aka truck taz
    Level 181
    Co-op: Merry Musketeers
    At max of in-game friends but pending works well ;-)

Alguém responde em português? Please
    I love this jogo

I'd like to send a huge thank you to Playrix. I waffled a lot in my initial answers, so fantastic job getting it down to readable answers, whilst still keeping everything I said included The pictures (here and on FB) are amazing! I may even print them out and put them on the photo wall. I'm so impressed

Thank you everyone that's read it, and double thanks to those that replied. It was fun doing it, and I'm glad y'all enjoyed reading it

Quote Originally Posted by Nana View Post
    Cool, Ne-vay-da. That is so darned hard to say for us Americans!!
    Us Brits, too, believe me. Ne-vay-da felt wrong for months. Now I'm so used to it, Ne-vah-da seems weird... Lol

Quote Originally Posted by _DD_ View Post
    I like your idea of the visible Mod, Ne-vay-da (lol, Nana!), and you're doing it so well

Cute picture, is it similar to real life? do you have a tattoo on your wrist? *g*
    The likeness is actually very similar, and yes, the tattoos on this and the FB pic are both genuine (and pretty much accurate).

Quote Originally Posted by rock-city View Post
    Estupenda entrevista Nevada.

Yo hablo español y me resulta, a veces, difícil comprender lo que se dice en el foro. Ya que la traducción no siempre es demasiado buena. Me imagino que a ti debe pasarte al revés, cuando los que escribimos somos de habla hispana debe resultarte un tanto complicado comprendernos.

Gracias por tu esfuerzo y ayuda
    Great interview Nevada.
    I speak Spanish and it is sometimes difficult for me to understand what is said in the forum. Since the translation is not always too good. I imagine that it must happen to you the other way around, when those of us who write are Spanish speaking, it must be a bit complicated for you to understand each other.
    Thanks for your effort and help

You are very welcome. We all do our best to communicate across the language barrier, but I am sure there is much that gets lost in translation. Sometimes we just have to use our best guess, then translate our replies which I am sure are met with confusion on the other end... We do what we can.

De nada. Todos hacemos lo posible por comunicarnos a través de la barrera del idioma, pero estoy seguro de que hay mucho que se pierde en la traducción. A veces solo tenemos que utilizar nuestra mejor conjetura, luego traducir nuestras respuestas, que estoy seguro de que nos encontramos con confusión en el otro extremo ... Hacemos lo que podemos.

Quote Originally Posted by Virginia_Gardens View Post
    Great interview Nevada! It was nice to get to take a peek into all that genius! You truly are a great person and have always been so warm and welcoming. Question what type of paws are those?
    The largest is for my doggo. He was my first Christmas present and was with us for 14 years.
    The other two are for my house bunnies, who were a source of comfort during some rougher times.

Quote Originally Posted by Nazaré Oliveira View Post
    Alguém responde em português? Please
    I love this jogo
    Does anyone answer in Portuguese? Please
    I love this game

We will do our best. If there is anything you would like to discuss, you are welcome to post about it and we will answer where we can.

Nós faremos nosso melhor. Se houver algo que você gostaria de discutir, você é bem-vindo para postar sobre isso e nós responderemos onde pudermos.
    Last edited by Nevada; 10-02-2018 at 05:49 AM.
    IMPORTANT: As a Township moderator, I only have power to maintain its forum.
    - Township Support.
    - Before posting a question, please make use of:
    Township Wiki,
    • the stickies on top of each sub-forum,
    • the search function to see previous posts.

Leader of Franklin's Co-op. #FRERU5

”What if this storm ends, and leaves us nothing,
    Except a memory; a distant echo”.

Quote Originally Posted by King Falcon View Post
    If, Playrix ever reward you to select one thing from the "No-No" list, which will be implemented as a reward for you, What would be that wish?
    Being able to store community buildings and housing, for sure. I'd like to see day/night/weather changes, but, building storage has functionality, so thats top of the list.

Quote Originally Posted by SumSum View Post
    What's your all time favourite decoration? (including event, regatta and sale offers)
    That's TOUGH!

Air dancer, for sure. I love him so much

As a rule, I like any of the... Hmm. Realistic isn't the right word...
    Anything that doesn't involve "cartoony".
    Ghost ship, sheep abduction, Nessie... Love them.
    Rock painting sheep, pigs on whales, octopus treasure chests, giant hermit crabs; not for me.

I'm actually a big fan of the little things, as well. The sunken castle, for example, looks great.
    The sunken castle with a couple water lilies looks amazing!

The water lilies, hay bales, veggie cart, scarecrow... Those little one-square decos really pull everything together.

Quote Originally Posted by Virginia_Gardens View Post
    Is there one question you get asked most by newbies to the forum/game?

What strategy(s) do you use when designing your town?

If there was one aspect of the game you would do away with if you could what would it be and why?
    The same things you all see, really: Banned town, lost zoo, need more space, why's my regatta score messed up...

I try to keep it "realistic". I think about things like "the beach should give way to a park, which people can walk through to get to the town centre".
    At the stage I'm currently at, though, a lot of it is still "shove it where it fits until there's more space".
    Housing, in particular, is a nightmare at the moment.

I don't know what I'd get rid of... There's no one part of the game I don't like... Maybe the ships/islands? But only because I still only have the first two islands open and I only actually send ships put a couple times a month on average. It's not that I don't like it; I just wildly under-use it.

Quote Originally Posted by Jdelacr View Post
    What would make your job easier? What can improve?

What are your favorite books, food,drink, movies and TV shows?
    A computer. A computer would make life so much easier. Trying to search stuff, or highlight stuff, on a phone is a pain.

Anything by Stephen King, especially the Dark Tower series, or, Harry Potter.
    My mum's cheese and tomato pasta bake.
    Orange squash (cordial... Not that the Americans will know what that is because they don't DO squash... :/) or, in America, cream soda.
    Movies... Harry Potter, Shawshank, (there's a theme.. Lol), Watership Down, Star Wars, anything natural disaster like Day After Tomorrow or Armageddon... Probably a whole load I can't think of right now.
    TV... Suits, Nashville, Chicago Fire, House, Bones, Naked and Afraid... Pretty much all finished now, but, I hardly ever watch TV, so ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Quote Originally Posted by Assley Jain View Post
    Do you ever feel boring with moderators job?
    Not really... Especially now Bess and Dread have joined the team, we actually have a lot of fun.

Frustrated... Well. That's a whole different answer... *whistles*

Quote Originally Posted by Catsalive View Post
    What’s your favourite thing about Township? And your least favourite?
    Fav: New decorations.

Least Fav: lack of space for new decorations...? Lol
    My least Fav is probably that the market doesn't show barn inventory. I waste a great deal of time going back and forth trying to figure out what's worth cramming into my overstuffed barn.

Quote Originally Posted by Johnalex Zarco View Post
    What advice would you (Nevada) give to future moderators?
    DON'T DO IIIIIITTTT!!!

I'm joking

Remember if you can't be online 24/7 to move every post and merge every thread the second they're posted in the wrong places; that's okay.
    Real life always comes first. Everyone that uses the forum does so as part of their "free time", and as mod that shouldn't be any different.

Quote Originally Posted by Downton View Post
    I would like to ask Nevada- I know you are based in the UK and also spend time in the US . How do you cope with the time difference on a regular basis when it comes to running your co-op and moderating here?

I'm permanently in the UK and it feels like as a moderator you manage to be available all the time

I guess my question should be do you actually sleep?
    The time change is not really a problem. I have very little "leading" to do in my co-op. We're token racers, not position racers, so speed of task completion doesn't matter, and we've all been on the same team for months, so we all know how to play together nicely, lol I just warn them I won't be around for 24 hours for travel, and off I go.
    The forum is even easier now with Dread and Bess on the team. Again, I warn them I'll be away for travel, and know y'all are in safe hands
    Also, for all but the last trip, I've had Internet on the plane anyway, so... ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ It's like I'm not even gone

I sleep a lot... Lol! It just seems like I'm here a lot because I'm rarely here for very long; maybe 10 mins in the morning then 2 minute visits, but, I do have the ability to pop in and out multiple times a day, even an hour if there's something exciting or worrying happening that I feel the need to keep an eye on.

So there you have it. I'm not here long, but I'm always watching...
    IMPORTANT: As a Township moderator, I only have power to maintain its forum.
    - Township Support.
    - Before posting a question, please make use of:
    Township Wiki,
    • the stickies on top of each sub-forum,
    • the search function to see previous posts.

Leader of Franklin's Co-op. #FRERU5

”What if this storm ends, and leaves us nothing,
    Except a memory; a distant echo”.

Nevada, great interview my dear! Love how you use TS with the kids, it is a great learning tool, and I am glad TS gives us some of the cartoon decor as I would think it would be very appealing to the little ones . Thanks again for sharing...

I know you don't mind tagging this on, as I don't roam too much on the Forum lately. Congrats to dread and Bess, notice you guys are officially Mods now! Know your service is much appreciated, you both have helped so many folks over the years, Cheers, Kim
    Town: RYAN'S HOPE / Level: 161
    Co-Op: SOS: SAILING ON SOLO / Tag: #SSYJYK / Friend's Code: HT9EQS (Full, but will keep you on Pending List)
    Platform: IOS / Playing April 2016 / Former Member of the Spending Suckers Club, Current Member in Bonkers Club
    Fishdom: 1,533 / Gardenscapes: 1,769

Fantastic Interview Nevada! And thanks for all the help.

I'm currently trying my hand at writing a fantasy novel – imaginary lands and dragons and all that!
    Does this means we're gonna have 2 authors here? Lol
    Town Name: Falcon......
    Level: 79
    Zoo: Hate It
    Playing on Android/iOS
    Friend Code: WMUVMM
    Always Full but will be "Happy to Help"!
    Co-op: Cat Show Boating
    #CH6E5M