Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Interseason co-op goals grab

Interseason co-op goals grab

Hi everyone,

Actually I want to put this thread at "township problem & solution" sub forum, but since one of the moderator here reply that she/he is not sure whether this called cheating or not, so I just put it here in "discussions" sub forum, and let you guys decide what is this called.

Before going further, I would like to remind you of fair play from Ernie's video
    Get comfy and take a peek at this thrilling tutorial on fair play! To stay on the safe side together with Ernie 👇
    ☑ Don’t purchase resources and T-Cash from third parties;
    ☑ Report any in-game bugs you stumble upon;
    ☑ Don’t share your personal data with anyone.

So, in the interseasonal race we work together to get co-op goals and collect chests. And as some of you knows that co-op goals point is depend on how many members that consist in one co-op, more member means more task to complete or reach co-op goals. There are 5 co-op goals in a co-op.

Instead of collecting chest, they only collect co-op goals, by 'they' means people who exploiting this, including myself. We can use this to get reward from co-op goals. We can get resources (booster, building material, tcash, ingot). We just make co-op, get co-op goals reward and disband co-op, repeat! if 1 co-op ready to reap the rewards, it will only takes 5 minutes top. And imagine the interseasonal last for 1 week, how many tcash possible we can get in a week? thousand!

The result of this, its some players have too many tcash for racing in regular season and they (if in the same co-op) will finish all the task given in a day or less! 30 member, 480 tasks, 64 800 pts in a day or less! (how cool is that?!)

But in a long run, I feel (personal opinion) its not fair to people that do not know how to use (exploit) this, and I often see in facebook post they questioning how that even possible to have 30 members finish the race in, lets say 4 hours only! the only logical explanation is they spent too many tcash (of course with some preparation too). They collect tcash in interseasonal week and use it in regular week.

So how about your opinion about this? are we going justify this is an act of fairness? if you ask me, it is not!

This has been brought to Playrix attention previously, and the reply from the devs was that Playrix does not tell players how to play, they are free to choose their own strategy. This particular strategy is not considered cheating.

As for the 30 member finish in less than a day. Doing that is not only about tcash, it takes some serious dedication from the players. It is also about 30 racing as one and all of them being online for the duration the race, from start to finish. If it was just that easy, like a click of fingers, you would’ve had all 200 teams from GLB finishing in less than a day. But it doesn’t happen does it? Only a bunch of hard core teams finish in less than 24 hours. So trust me, tcash is the least important factor here

Thanks for this post. I LOVE discussions/debates! I have a couple thoughts on your topic...

1. You used the word 'exploiting' a few times and I think that word gets a bad rap sometimes. The actaul definition of exploit is...

verb
    make full use of and derive benefit from (a resource).
    synonyms: utilize, harness, use, make use of, turn/put to good use, make the most of, capitalize on, benefit from

Nowhere in the definition or synonyms does it mention cheating or even taking advantage of anything.

2. As Marisa said, Playrix has been told of this 'co-op hopping strategy' and has made no changes to the system to disallow it.

3. You also say you don't feel it's fair to people who don't know how to use it. I just found out a month ago that if you get the max amount from the market guy, you can ask for the same thing the next hour and he'll give you the max without having to haggle with him. Does this mean everyone else that was doing it was 'cheating' just because I didn't know about it? (Also, there is a very detailed explaination of how to do the 'coop hop' in a thread on this forum if you'd like to direct people to it that need more information.)

4. In my opinion, the 'coop hop' is WORK, lol. Work I don't want to do, so I won't reap it's benefits. If you do the work, congrats on your benefits. I admire your logic and the fact you brought it here bcause it made you feel uneasy, but no, I don't believe you are cheating or being unfair. Exploiting was the perfect word and you should exploit away!

Quote Originally Posted by HelpersAllAboardSerenity View Post
    1. You used the word 'exploiting' a few times and I think that word gets a bad rap sometimes. The actaul definition of exploit is...
    verb
    make full use of and derive benefit from (a resource).
    synonyms: utilize, harness, use, make use of, turn/put to good use, make the most of, capitalize on, benefit from

Nowhere in the definition or synonyms does it mention cheating or even taking advantage of anything.
    Hm, not sure about this ... "Exploit" to me always also has the meaning of someone taking advantage.
    From the New Oxford American Dictionary:
    "exploit
    verb |ikˈsploit| [ trans.]
    • use (a situation or person) in an unfair or selfish way : the company was exploiting a legal loophole
    • benefit unfairly from the work of (someone), typically by overworking or underpaying them : making money does not always mean exploiting others."

Other than that I'm all with you, Helpers, the so called hopping is as much work or more and also needs as much recources or more than a regular race would. It's just a break of the same old – and so much fun!
    And still I'm sure that this is exactly what the devs intended it to be.
    Last edited by Cathy Purr; 09-29-2018 at 08:42 AM.
    Forum member since June 2014
    Cat Lvl 267 | Little Wonders
    tiny Lvl 175 | Mishmash

Cathy, thank you! That is what I thought it was going to say.....not sure how I got such a 'nice' definition, but I guess that's what I get for simply 'googling it'.

At the end of the day, we can all interpret 'exploitation' any way we like - it's Playrix's take on it that matters.

And yes, Marisa is right, it's not just about the tcash these players 'grab', there are boosters and ingots at stake here too, all of which confer a significant advantage to those who a) know about it, b) have the kind of coop who could do it, and c) also want to do it.

I'm sure the Powers that Be will make it impossible at some point, if they so choose. In the meantime, I guess it's a matter for each of us to decide upon. I won't be bothering - I'm content for my game to progress at the rate I believe was intended and not hasten the day when I run out of challenges.
    IMPORTANT:
    As Township Moderators, we maintain the forum according to its rules. We are not Playrix Staff
    - How to contact Township Support
    - Co-op Ads thread, co-ops seeking new members may advertise their team here.
    - Player Ads thread, individuals seeking a co-op may advertise themselves here.

Above all, Marisa is right in saying that Playrix has been asked by a detailed report about this strategy and obviously decided to do nothing about it at this point in time.
    Nonetheless, a discussion about players' opinions is also what this forum is here for, esp. if an opinion is based on wrong assumptions, and this can then be clarified here.

Quote Originally Posted by _DD_ View Post
    Nonetheless, a discussion about players' opinions is also what this forum is here for, esp. if an opinion is based on wrong assumptions, and this can then be clarified here.
    Of course! I'm just saying that if there's a useful exchange of opinions to be had, it's arguably about whether people would even want to do it or not, rather than whether it's permitted, because at this point we have no official word on that here.
    IMPORTANT:
    As Township Moderators, we maintain the forum according to its rules. We are not Playrix Staff
    - How to contact Township Support
    - Co-op Ads thread, co-ops seeking new members may advertise their team here.
    - Player Ads thread, individuals seeking a co-op may advertise themselves here.

The word “exploitation” does have a negative connotation and could even be synonymous with abuse.

Does anybody have the actual reply from Playrix and somehow a way we can know is authentic?

I’m thinking that playrix is aware of this strategy and has not taken any action for a couple reason. First, only a very small percentage of players do it.
    Second, Co-op hopping actually requires work and the synchronization required is remarkable.

i think “co op hopping” is “thinking outside the box” and any player wanting to enhance their gaming can easily find out this during a google search. Nevertheless Playrix could easily put a stop to this anytime (eg, limiting the number of coops someone can create.)

Quote Originally Posted by Jdelacr View Post
    Does anybody have the actual reply from Playrix and somehow a way we can know is authentic?
    Not that I know of, just indirectly stating some approvement. (Sorry, no reliable scources here.)

I’m thinking that playrix is aware of this strategy.
    I'm 100% sure they are.

Co-op hopping actually requires work and the synchronization required is remarkable.
    Yes, much work, even more coordination skills, tons of requirements – and some smart brains, too.
    Forum member since June 2014
    Cat Lvl 267 | Little Wonders
    tiny Lvl 175 | Mishmash