Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: FaceBook requirement for achievement

FaceBook requirement for achievement

I've been playing for years 3+. I don't think I've ever missed a day logging in and playing. I've purchased a lot of offerings requiring real money.
    For years I was excluded from having 75 friends due to the Face Book requirement. I couldn't buy an extra basket at the market because I didn't have 'enough friends'. Yes that's changed.
    All the extra activities giving ppl a chance to win Tbucks, and just plain have some fun....All on Face Book.
    I have no Facebook nor will I ever. For reasons I wish everyone would catch on to I WON'T have a Face Book acct.
    I feel really singled out for discrimination. I feel I'm being kettled into Face Book and I won't go there.
    Why do we, without Face Book have to be discriminated against?
    Facebook shaming.
    You have a perfectly good forum here where, we without Face Book, might be able to play your (facebook) games.
    I feel horrible. I feel sad. I feel so left out.
    Last edited by dreadnought; 09-26-2018 at 03:02 AM. Reason: title

I also don't have a Facebook account and have no intention of Getting one. Yes the friend thing in game irks me a bit. I don't know all the Facebook games for township, but Anna puts quite a few things on the forum. There seems to be a contest about once a month here, I am one of the winners getting tcash off the latest contest

Also Anna and the mods keep us updated with any announcements on facebook. I do understand some of your frustration, but for me I certainly wouldn't go as far as saying I feel discriminated against regarding this.

I have an active Facebook account but I play the game through Google play. The 2 are not intertwined, nor shall the 2 meet. Most programmers seem to think that everyone uses there smart (idiot) phones for everything. Thet forget the generation of computer users, may of whom now have the time to play their games and support their business. I often wonder which company gets the biggest kickback.

right. But everything now days is a personal insult to nearly everyone. I wanted to see how that felt. I give 5 coins for any of it.
    We all know Facebook is a money maker. If anything is Free....you can bet you are the product and someone is making money off you.
    I'd gladly pay a little, or look at ads for the pleasure of not being lied to and used.
    Such is the world these days.
    "tell me a lie" was in a song wasn't it?
    Thanks for the news about the forum.

Oh you are so right!

Having thought a little more about it. Is this so different than saying "you can't have complete access to all we offer because you don't have red hair?
    yeah....It's just the same.

I have a facebook, account, However I don't let ask people to fb friend me so i can get more friends on the game to get the baskets. I don't allow strangers on my Facebook account who I don't know.
    Town Ship Name: Sponnie Vill
    Co-op:
    Co-op tag :
    Friend Code: WP4H68
    Kindle fire

Quote Originally Posted by barnesville View Post
    right. But everything now days is a personal insult to nearly everyone. I wanted to see how that felt. I give 5 coins for any of it.
    We all know Facebook is a money maker. If anything is Free....you can bet you are the product and someone is making money off you.
    I'd gladly pay a little, or look at ads for the pleasure of not being lied to and used.
    Such is the world these days.
    "tell me a lie" was in a song wasn't it?
    Thanks for the news about the forum.
    I agree nothing is free. There is always a cost to everything and someone has to pay for it.

I think using the world “discrimination” is being used just to grab attention and make your argument more compelling.
    However, your issue at hand could easily be solved. You can create a fb account designed just for township.

I at some point also didn’t have a fb account but then decided “to get with the program” and appreciate the benefits that fb provides to its users. It is up to you how much info you want to share with fb or how activis you are your m the website.

Quote Originally Posted by Jdelacr View Post
    I agree nothing is free. There is always a cost to everything and someone has to pay for it.

I think using the world “discrimination” is being used just to grab attention and make your argument more compelling.
    However, your issue at hand could easily be solved. You can create a fb account designed just for township.

I at some point also didn’t have a fb account but then decided “to get with the program” and appreciate the benefits that fb provides to its users. It is up to you how much info you want to share with fb or how activis you are your m the website.
    This. You can create a FB account for township (or games in general) if you feel it is hurting you not to be on FB. Most online games connect to FB and have FB pages so it's fairly standard, if it's honestly bothering you this much you can easily change it.
    Town: Truli
    Level: 146
    Co-op Leader: Unsinkable #UNS6W2
    Platform: Kindle Fire

I dont think theres any point in telling people to do something they dont want to do which in this case is to open a facebook account(even one specifically only for Township). However as connecting with FB for all sorts of things is so common now, those who dont have accounts including myself will have to get used to not having access to certain things, thats just the way it is.

That being said,we all like to have a whinge and stamp our feet sometimes

For the record, at the moment anyway there is very little in Township that I feel I am missing out on by not having FB .