Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Share Your Proudest Township Accomplishment! :D

Share Your Proudest Township Accomplishment! :D

Beautification Blueprint Executed Energetically – Townspeople Tickled Pink!

MOLLYTAMALE TOWN, “Reflection in the Wave” CO-OP #REF8RX

An estimated 17,845 residents gathered outside the multi-acre Wild Park in downtown MollyTamale town this morning as the mayor dedicated the new green space to the town’s hardworking citizens. The event marked the completion of the city’s “Dream Big“ initiative, which enlisted the help of top designers to improve the look and function of the town. The city council approved the project’s $1,000,000 budget last year, however construction was delayed many months due to the “Great Saw Shortage of 2017-2018.”

With the necessary land finally cleared, dedicated laborers and volunteers worked round the clock last week constructing attractions, installing decorations, and planting trees and flowers. Crews from the Public Works Department were spotted throughout repairing and replacing stretches of road and pavement. Several local businesses made charitable donations of goods or services to contribute to the project. Local flower shop Smell the Roses crafted dozens of beautiful arrangements for this evening’s gala, while java joint The Coffee Factory has been offering free cappuccinos and hot chocolate to workers just beginning or ending their construction shifts. “It has been inspiring seeing the town come together,” says one resident who attended the free “Taco Tuesday” hosted by Maria’s Mexican Restaurant to celebrate the completion of the factory district’s redesign.

While the downtown and residential revitalization is sure to please many citizens, the most anticipated part of the project overwhelmingly was the grand opening of Mollyland, the adventure park spanning over 100 acres on the city’s east side. Featuring many uniquely themed “lands,” the park boasts amusement rides, entertainment acts, restaurants, decorative sculptures, and much more to thrill both the young and old.

Tourism is expected to increase greatly over the next few months as visitors flock to the town’s many new sights. While a few residents expressed concern over greater congestion in the city, the mayor downplayed those minor worries and extended a heartfelt invitation to anyone interested in visiting MollyTamale town. “Our city welcomes all!” she said at this morning’s ceremony.

Editor’s Note: The mayor issued a decree that not a single decoration would remain in storage for the town’s unveiling. If you are averse to such displays, travel to MollyTamale town at your own risk.
    MollyTamale town, "Reflection in the Wave" (co-op tag #REF8RX),
    or I may be visiting a friend's coop for the week!
    For a little "story" behind the design inspiration for my town, check this post

So obviously this post was partially intended as a fun way to share my town with you all now that I finally have enough land to lay things out the way I have imagined doing for so long (and I did give myself a $1M coin budget to purchase additional deco to fill things out…I’m SO close to earning that achievement!). I appreciate your indulgence of this shameless self-promotion LOL.

BUT, it is also a thread for people to discuss ANYTHING you are currently working towards or that you are particularly proud of that took a lot of effort to create or achieve in the game (can be design related, or earning a certain achievement, finishing community buildings, fully upgrading trains/islands/factories, building all the zoo shops, unlocking a particular avatar, etc)

On the topic of land/decorating...For lower level players or ones like me who are/were still plugging away for forever to clear all the land expansions, is there something you dream of doing but just don’t have the space or resources yet? Maybe you are holding off on purchasing certain decos that cost a lot of coins, tcash and/or ingots? Long-time players…how long did it take you to clear all your land? Did you have a grand vision early on that you planned ahead for when designing your town? Did you do a major re-design at any point or just lots of minor redesigns along the way?

I look forward to reading your responses and visiting your towns I actually wrote this post back at the end of February when I made clearing expansions a real priority and have been waiting to post it until I achieved my goal. At the time, I had 192 pieces of land cleared. Now I have 285 cleared (I only left 1 wild…can you spot it?), so I opened 93 expansions in a little under 7 months at a cost of $5,038,000, 1320 Shovels, 1197 Axes, and 1073 Saws. It was exhausting, but I’m glad I finally have the space I have long desired! I plan to relax for a while before setting my next goal, but hopefully I’ll get around to clearing all space in the zoo at some point…my poor, crowded animals really need the breathing room!

Beautiful story for an amazing town, Kitty, congrats and thanks for sharing! many lovely details - shows what one can do with this game.

​Did you say next is your zoo? <g>

Quote Originally Posted by _DD_ View Post
    Beautiful story for an amazing town, Kitty, congrats and thanks for sharing! many lovely details - shows what one can do with this game.

​Did you say next is your zoo? <g>
    Thanks for the kind words, DD

Yes, I fear my zoo is in dire straits right now! At the same time that I've been prioritizing the expansions, I've also been focusing on the zoo (using the dealer almost exclusively for hot products). Since the beginning of March, I've gone from Zoo level 12 to current Zoo level 42 (and very close to reaching level 43). But, I didn't want to waste a single axe/saw in the zoo because I really wanted the land in my town. So if you venture to my zoo, you will see all the enclosures crammed together with no barriers between them...definitely not safe for the animals...

This is my new bucket list, though I have a lot going on in real life right now so I am truly in NO RUSH to get this all done. But, I probably won't ever see myself "done" with Township until these get finished...

- Level 45 in the zoo (currently very close to level 43) and build all enclosures
    - Have all zoo animals (currently breeding #155 of 180, but gem supply is low)
    - Open all Zoo expansions
    - Finish Spaceport (currently, level 5 of 11)
    - Buy all cars in Classic Car Collection
    - Earn all Profile Avatars
    - Buy all Walk of Fame Statues (currently have 3)

I had looked in your zoo already, kitty (what do you think the question came from *g*); was interested to see it from someone who's working like you, I wouldn't have had the patience for it. Although i did pause my zoo after its first easy levels and am only now returning to it. Have also the problem with getting timber and gems, as always usually yellow for me, and find it quite boring. Esp. as I can see - with HAVING deco'd there already and used up the space - that I need more room there (but all expansions done there)... and what else is new, pfft.
    What is your plan and advice there, btw, for using our timber: upgrade the shops with baskets and hearts more/first, or get all enclosures rather?

I could almost sign your To-do-list except that I'm not doing the upgradable deco any time soon (sounds like you also did the cake? lol), and that Avi pics is not on mine, alone for the fact that I don't take on a task I can't finish, and Playrix with their love for FB has made it impossible right away, also for the achievements, btw.
    But upgrading factories is there, on mine, for sure - not for you?

Kitty excellent report on Mollytown ! I love the backstory along with the accomplishments, you set a goal and completed tasks with vigor and what a a beautiful end result! Your town is lovely

I have just built my last factory ( I have built all of them except the Jewelry store) , I am currently debating if I will buy the last three community buildings ( the stadium , taxi service and drivein to gain access to the last land). But I just spent a week redoing my town and I now have three farms so I think that is a huge accomplishments because I have been scared to separate my factories and crops . My zoo is still very low, so soon ill work at it.

I love this thread and I hope many more people will share there thoughts on accomplishments , but also stories of their town development as I love hearing these stories.
    Mary
    Co-op Peoples Choice #PE4MV6
    Town deadend
    Level 89

Love this thread! Visiting towns for inspiration is one of my favorite aspects of this game! I am currently focusing on land expansions. I have completed all factories and community buildings, and making slow progress in my zoo, due to gem shortage. Areas I am pleased with are the “Sports Complex” area and the “Statue of Liberty Park”! I have lots of ideas that I hope to implement when more land is cleared!

Co-op: Camsville Co-op
    Town: GaGa Land
    Level 96. Zoo level 25

What is your plan and advice there, btw, for using our timber: upgrade the shops with baskets and hearts more/first, or get all enclosures rather?
    I have actually found it pretty easy to acquire timber, so I am grateful for that. In the earlier levels of the zoo when the amount of items required is much lower, I was able to completely keep up with the shop upgrades (Build Enclosure, Add all 4 animals, upgrade each shop one more level due to the additional animals). For the record, my upgrade priorities for the zoo shops have always been (1) Baskets (2) Time (3) Hearts (4) Coins. I’m probably in the minority with choosing Time over Hearts, but I don’t regret it. Somewhere around the time I built the Beverage Shop (lvl 27), I started falling behind in upgrading the shops. I couldn’t help myself…I just really wanted the enclosures lol. If an upgrade was available to add a new basket, I did always use my supplies for that instead of the enclosure. But, if I had reached the point where I had to upgrade several other things before baskets would be available again, I skipped the shop upgrade. I’m starting to catch up on them a little now because I really want to finish getting my 8 baskets in the Beverage Shop (currently have 6 baskets) and Petting Zoo (have 7). The 8th basket can be bought when you level up to level 17. Currently my shops are at: Snack Bar (lvl 27); Café (lvl 26); 4D Theater (lvl 21); Ice Cream Shop (lvl 22); Gift Shop (lvl 17); Restaurant (lvl 20); Petting Zoo (lvl 13); Beverage (lvl 11).

I was surprised at how much I enjoyed working on the zoo based on the general negative feelings most people have about it. It has been a good source of coins as well as gems, barn tools, and expansion tools. I am glad that I waited until after finishing the community buildings to work on the zoo, and it also helped that I rarely ever bought boosters at the lab with gems, so I had a decent amount saved (about 100 of each gem). IIRC, I didn’t run out of gems until the Pelican enclosure (lvl 33). After that, I was short on Topaz (yellow) for a while. Currently, I’m completely out of rubies so won’t be able to breed another baby until I earn some. The last 6 enclosures require 802 gems total for all animals, and it will take me many months to collect those, so I’m under no delusion that my zoo will be done anytime soon. Hitting level 45 and building the enclosures will be easy, but getting the gems will be slow and steady…

But upgrading factories is there, on mine, for sure - not for you?
    As for fully upgrading factories…I would like to get mine all to 50% time, but it’s not a high priority for me right now. I have already done a pretty decent amount of upgrading (completing 500 upgrades to unlock the special avatar that I am currently using in-game was my big goal before the expansions goal). Trains and Islands are all at 50% time. All factories have 8 shelves and are upgraded by at least 25-30% time. Once I’m done using the dealer to buy zoo hot products, I will go back to using him to buy ore and slowly continue the upgrading process.

And yes, I completed the Snowman, Big Cake and the Land of Dinosaurs. I also completed the Easter Bunny Village (I was not playing during the Easter event when it was given, so I had to buy it with Tcash and spend $1,000,000 and use lots of products to complete it). I did the Snowman and Cake before I started using the dealer so that was a real pain, but buying stuff from him makes the upgradeable decos pretty easy...I just don't have the coins for them right now with all that I've spent recently on land expansions and the zoo (and the music & bouquet factories).

Deadend and Marie Alexander, I just visited both your towns and gave them both Likes! They are both looking good! Marie, your Sports Complex is really well done I also like how both of you grouped crops around factories. I have always appreciated that look, but wasn't sure that I'd be able to manage it well. Deadend, I like how you lined your river with the little houses/cottages

Also, if I can give the Jewelry Store a little credit, I'd like to mention that I use it all the time! I didn't buy it immediately when it became available. I think I waited until I was closer to level 70 before buying. Then I didn't use it much until I had all my factories upgraded to Level 12 (all 8 shelves and 25% faster time). But now I use it quite a bit to make Jewelry to sell to the Mafia man at the helicopter for Tcash.
    Last edited by kitty4715; 09-23-2018 at 08:30 PM.

Thank you very much for your answers, kitty! still very much similarity between our building style or priorities, and then again not so much Above all, by far not enough timber coming in - yes, it comes quite often from the shops, but by far not enough. No wonder when one also needs millions of hinges and a plethora of screwdrivers! but it could be that I still don't pay enough attention again to my zoo - I don't like to use my stuff on hotties under 40 heart pts, f.e. Need my time and dealer elsewhere

And the time aspect - how long and how often one is ingame - plays a big role, too, of course. Anyway, I will see to upgrading my shops a bit more, before building more enclosures - I won't have enough space anyway, I noticed. All land cleared, and at lvl 30-something all is full already. hm... and as I like my zoo (I also always liked it, since I saw a good example in the first days already, which I could follow, with my own variants), I am not keen on redecorating or moving stuff.

well, we'll see. I also claim my town developped itself much more than I did, lol, so maybe the animals will find a solution for their environment!