Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Regatta Competition Groups

Regatta Competition Groups

I find it quite unfair to group a player that is level 46 with players in the nineties and one hundreds. It sets players at the lower levels up to fail. Players with higher levels are able to complete more tasks that those of us at lower levels. I stopped playing for quite a while and may have to stop participating in regattas or just delete the game if this doesn't change.
    Last edited by Bessville; 09-21-2018 at 08:43 AM. Reason: Corrected title

This is something that's discussed here from time to time and while it's true that at higher levels factories, ships, and trains may be upgraded for time, most say there really isn't a big advantage in regattas. Tasks that appear for high level teams are more difficult. You might see a coat task while a level 90+ team has sneakers or grape fizz. Trains and planes are more demanding at high levels. So in theory the ability to execute is the same for teams of different levels.
    Playing since 9/19/2016
    Level 102 iOS
    Zoo level = I hate the new zoo
    Co-op A-team (by request) #4YD4J9

That may be however, I have fewer tasks and even if I complete all of them at max points I cannot win the regattas, so in essence it is unfair game play. That sucks!

Quote Originally Posted by Pixie Bosela View Post
    That may be however, I have fewer tasks and even if I complete all of them at max points I cannot win the regattas, so in essence it is unfair game play. That sucks!
    What are you trying to win, Pixie, the Global Leaderboard? Or just your weekly race for whatever League you're in?

I would like to win the weekly race I'm in however one of the people I am competing against is level 94 and she is already at 1610 points, that's 395 points higher than I can max out at.

I would like to win the weekly race I'm in however one of the people I am competing against is level 94 and she is already at 1610 points, that's 395 points higher than I can max out at.
    Our level has no impact on the number of tasks we can have/do. Each league has a set maximum number of tasks. Unless you do tasks worth less then 135, you can reach the same maximum has any other player.
    Graylady, Forum member since may 2014 --- Playing on Android, not on Facebook
    Township level 206, Zoo 194 animals, --- coop #HHPY84

Please read this important post by Playrix about Township : Wishes/requests already rejected by Playrix

I would like to win the weekly race I'm in however the one of the people I am competing against is level 94 and she is already at 1610 points, that's 395 points higher than I can max out at.

I would like to win the weekly race I'm in however the one of the people I am competing against is level 94 and she is already at 1610 points, that's 395 points higher than I can max out at.
    Pixie, regardless of their level, as Graylady says every competitor within a race group is supposed to have the same possible maximum points. Which League are you in? Maximum points for Copper is 1350 points, and for Steel it's 1620, assuming you pay to do the extra task.

That is not true. The person I am competing against at level 94 currently has 1610 points. If I completed all 9 tasks @ 135 points each I would still be 395 points lower than that person's points total. It's disgusting that you claim that this is fair and suggest that I can get to that score. The fact is that I only get 9 tasks, and if I purchase the tenth it would leave me at a max total of points of 1350. Explain how that's fair!

It is 100% true.

Wood league has 7+1 tasks for a maximum of 1,080 points per person
    Copper has 9+1 = 1,350
    Steel has 11+1 = 1,620
    Silver has 13+1 = 1,890
    Gold has 15+1 = 2,160

Level is irrelevant. If your max tasks are 10, meaning you're in copper league, and another team in your regatta group already have more than 1,350 points, then one of two things is happening.

Either, you have been matched with a co-op who has more than one person racing, whilst you're in a solo co-op, in which case you need to report it to customer services via the in-game form, including screenshots,

Or,

You have a person (or multiple) in your co-op who are opted in to race, but not actively participating, in which case you will always face this same problem unless they opt out or get kicked out/leave.
    IMPORTANT: As a Township moderator, I only have power to maintain its forum.
    - Township Support.
    - Before posting a question, please make use of:
    Township Wiki,
    • the stickies on top of each sub-forum,
    • the search function to see previous posts.

”It’s been a long December and there’s reason to believe,
    Maybe this year will be better than the last”