Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: No more movies after buying tickets

Just to muddy the waters, I don't get ads whether I buy currency in game or not. Which sucks way worse than just missing out on them for a little while (the world's smallest violin is playing for you lot, hahahaha)

Quote Originally Posted by Bessville View Post
    Just to muddy the waters, I don't get ads whether I buy currency in game or not. Which sucks way worse than just missing out on them for a little while (the world's smallest violin is playing for you lot, hahahaha)
    I deleted my post, didn't saw "whether I buy currency in game or not", so my post does not have sense after I noticed that. Indeed, you muddy the waters.
    I get ads for you and me every hour, I am tired to watch it again and again and again. Gambling ads, war ads, gambling ads, please stop gave me gambling ads, Playrix!

And to further muddy the waters...

I buy Tcash (when there's a decoration sale, anyway), and I still get the helicopter ads. Purchasing has had no effect on him showing up, for me.
    IMPORTANT: As a Township moderator, I only have power to maintain its forum.
    - Township Support.
    - Before posting a question, please make use of:
    Township Wiki,
    • the stickies on top of each sub-forum,
    • the search function to see previous posts.

”So fly away on a bright new morning,
    Spread your wings and soar to the skies,
    Let softest winds take you on your journey,
    And we will know that you are home.”

Quote Originally Posted by Mimy View Post
    I deleted my post, didn't saw "whether I buy currency in game or not", so my post does not have sense after I noticed that. Indeed, you muddy the waters.
    I get ads for you and me every hour, I am tired to watch it again and again and again. Gambling ads, war ads, gambling ads, please stop gave me gambling ads, Playrix!
    Awww, poor Mimy, it must be awful being tired out from making all that money... NOT! Hahahaha

Quote Originally Posted by Bessville View Post
    Awww, poor Mimy, it must be awful being tired out from making all that money... NOT! Hahahaha
    Usually, I got 1 Tcash and rest is coins for ads. But now, with regatta coin tasks, I got all Tcash and zero coins needed for tasks

Quote Originally Posted by JJay View Post
    Is this the post you were talking about _DD_?
    Ha! yes, JJ, thanks that is the one about the "groups"!
    (I hadn't found it with searching through her posts, strange)

Bess and Nevada, dunno why that would be muddying the water - your experiences that the behaviour is different and so there can or cannot be a connection (for me it isn't either) is what I'm saying all the time here. lol ;p

I used to get multiple ads every hour, I have made no purchases yet as of a few weeks ago this reduced to 3 or 4 times a day. I know I am still lucky to get him so am not complaining.

The problem is there s a really good offer on at the moment and I'm to scared to buy it, as for me there has been to many people who have experienced a loss of the ads immediately after purchasing. So whether there really is a connection or not I don't know,what I do know is I'm to much of a wuss to find out,lol.

Quote Originally Posted by _DD_ View Post
    see Downton's reply below for further explanation about origin. (Only) After purchase, one can see it as described here.
    ============================================
    Thief15, I guess your mom bought the booster "spacious barn" at the laboratory.

http://township.wikia.com/wiki/Laboratory

If so, for you both as info that all these boosters expire after some time, and that their duration is mentioned to the right of their name, when you tap and hold on them, when reading their description (in the Lab, when you have it, or the Yacht Club, if she got it there; not sure what you mean by store for the boosters). Here it says "2D" for 2 days, respectively what it says in your language.
    Sorry I have been on vacation for a few days so I didn't check this. No it wasn't at the Lab. It was bought with real money. So she bought Tcash which had the booster an extra. But that she had a mispurchase with that didn't really mather. It was really the movies that she is still missing.

I dont wan't to say it is or isn't connected. All I say it is mighty suspicious that multiple people had the problem after buying Tcash. Apparently it doesn't happen to all. So maybe there are different things that might be important. Maybe it does a random coin flip after buying to see if you can keep it. Or maybe it checks the farm level to see if you still get the adds.

Also I did find a site which suggests otherwise. http://township.wikia.com/wiki/Helicopter But I don't know if it is true ofcourse.
    Last edited by dreadnought; 09-27-2018 at 02:32 AM. Reason: merged

I don't completely agree with you there Mimy. I play [another game] and there you can buy hints. But if you buy the hints you don't buy away the ads. For that you really need to use remove ads buy. Also for most apps the ads are involuntary where you don't get anything for it besides the use of the app. But Township doesn't have ads to use the game. You can watch it voluntary for something in return.
    Last edited by dreadnought; 09-27-2018 at 02:27 AM. Reason: removed other game's name

Quote Originally Posted by THIEF15 View Post
    Sorry I have been on vacation for a few days so I didn't check this. ...

I dont wan't to say it is or isn't connected. All I say it is mighty suspicious that multiple people had the problem after buying Tcash. Apparently it doesn't happen to all. So maybe there are different things that might be important. Maybe it does a random coin flip after buying to see if you can keep it. Or maybe it checks the farm level to see if you still get the adds.

Also I did find a site which suggests otherwise. http://township.wikia.com/wiki/Helicopter But I don't know if it is true ofcourse.
    Hope the vacation was nice then. Thanks for coming back and replying.

Yes, it might or might not be connected, but all we have as info from Playrix is Liza's posts, long ago.
    I'm only contradicting when someone claims the connection between buying tcash and losing the ads is a fact and true for all.

I also think the Wiki page is simply wrong in stating things as it does there (at end of page) and esp. as known fact. I remember for example also that the part quoted there as "Video Ads follow a system to return ads after any in-app purchases" was posted by an (at that time) unknown one-time poster here, who claimed they had found "the" system on the net, don't recall whether they claimed it was for Playrix or in general, and whom I asked where they got their info from precisely - w/o any answer, as I recall. But I recall other posters here also contradicting that poster's statement because of differing own experience. Thus, not convincing in my book.

Apparently we won't get an explanation from Playrix (again), and that leads to assumptions.
    Maybe their contracts may not be shared publicly, or maybe they simply don't want to, lol.
    Hopefully they will at least correct their advertisements for the temporary boosters in their offers.
    Last edited by _DD_; 09-27-2018 at 05:16 AM. Reason: clarification in last sentence