Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Thread: No more movies after buying tickets

Well that answers my question .... video man has not been seen since buying token deal! Should have known better as previously went 8 months with not a single ad/token. I am a co-op leader and often use the dealer to fill crates and requests for team mates. However, my tokens will be gone in no time if the 40 I need to spend for the dealer every week is not replaceable. I am not, therefore, able to hire the dealer or do much to help very quickly can see me losing interest in playing which is a shame after nearly 3 years but the game is repetitive enough with little new for higher levels without this grind as well.

Can U Help with the advertisement on the helicopter to get cash?

Advertisement to watch on the helicopter is not working since 3 to t days now! It's impossible for me though to build up cash stock to for instance the merchant guy..
    Without this feature is impossible for me to play on township, as I don't be able to buy cash.
    Please investigate and kindly give answer with solutions.
    Thank you
    Roman

Hi Roman, the forum is a place for player-to-player discussion. You must contact Support from within your game if you want to address Customer Services directly about a problem.

I don't know why some people get advertisements and some do not, or why that changes. I only get them rarely, whereas some people get several each day. In the meantime, here is a list of other ways to get Tcash.

Quote Originally Posted by Bessville View Post
    Yeah, I always wished the adverts could be a "yes please/ no thankyou" settings option. But, it is what it is (...wait, what did we decide it is?) lol
    I understand what you mean but in this cause a yes/no options shouldn't be needed. You could just watch or don't watch. But yea it remains unfair in my option that not everyone gets it. If you would only get 25 of those red tickets (sorry don't know what it is called) a week then in about a month you have 100 which is a lot.

Quote Originally Posted by Downton View Post
    I would love the answer to that, yesterday I got the vid guy only once and today he has made an appearance twice. I have spent no money, I haven't accidentally deleted him either.
    I guess he can only be treated as a perk not a right.He has been a bit iffy for a while now. This has happened to me in the past and it took ages for him to come back regularly
    While it is true that it isn't a right it is unfair that some get it while others don't (especially when it happens in the same family). It does make the game a lot easier if you can upgrade the machines with it. Shame that your video guy is buggy at the moment, hope for you that it will come back soon. But do you have your google / apple account shared with a family member who might have bought something then which then also effects you?

Quote Originally Posted by Mara178 View Post
    Well that answers my question .... video man has not been seen since buying token deal! Should have known better as previously went 8 months with not a single ad/token. I am a co-op leader and often use the dealer to fill crates and requests for team mates. However, my tokens will be gone in no time if the 40 I need to spend for the dealer every week is not replaceable. I am not, therefore, able to hire the dealer or do much to help very quickly can see me losing interest in playing which is a shame after nearly 3 years but the game is repetitive enough with little new for higher levels without this grind as well.
    Very nice of you to help your co-op like that. I mean sure it is a game where you need to help each other but this is extreme helpfull of you. I also hope for you that it will come back soon. For my mother it took about 3 months to come back.

Thanks a lot for help. It works again. Anyway, when I tried to contact the support, they said i"have to go to the forum, not very helpful information, though it helped now! Thumbs up 👍

Maybe they thought you needed information, not technical support, since its perfectly normal for ads to come and go and so to lose them for a bit isn't a fault. Like I said, some people rarely get them at all. I suggested you contact Support only because you were requesting we 'investigate and solve', which a forum populated by other players obviously cannot do.

Anyway, good for you!

Quote Originally Posted by contacter11 View Post
    Anyway, when I tried to contact the support, they said i"have to go to the forum, not very helpful information, though it helped now! Thumbs up 👍
    This forum might even be helpful when it's not supposed to lol!

Their standard statement saying ad distribution would be (more or less) determined by random, is obviously a blatant lie. That's not how online ads are working, no company paying for ad distribution would accept that. But as the rules for distribution should be an essential part of their business model, they will never publish any info on that. Which is understandable, most companies are reluctant to be open about this information.

Quote Originally Posted by Bessville View Post
    Just to muddy the waters, I don't get ads whether I buy currency in game or not. Which sucks way worse than just missing out on them for a little while (the world's smallest violin is playing for you lot, hahahaha)
    I have never gotten one, not ever, since I started playing this game a year ago. I would love to get them but I doubt I ever will at this point.

I exaggerated a bit.. I do get them very occasionally and am actually just having a flurry where I'm getting one every week or ten days, but that's unusual for me. I guess we're just the unlucky ones, huh?

I have followed this thread with great interest!

Nevada's statement at the beginning of this thread really startled me. The one about ads are not affected by purchases. I certainly believed they did.

In any event, I have never made a purchase with real money and the ads have disappeared twice for me. The first time was at Halloween 2017 (?), The year the upgradable school of magic first came out. I remember it well because I had always gotten the video ads and thought they were a standard feature of the game. So when the answer I got was that they had no control over who gets them and who doesn't, well that startled me too. I thought everyone got them. I also thought I would never get them back again. But they did come back after two or three months, I don't remember exactly.

I haven't entirely lost the ads this time. It began this time when I reported a video ad that was causing my game to freeze. The ad would play almost, almost, almost to the end and then just stop. I had to restart the game every time. Well that problem got fixed cause I've never seen that ad again. But immediately the video ads became sporadic. I would not see them for days, or I would see them once in the morning one day and the evening the next. Anywhere from one to five ads at a time.

I think it's this erratic behaviour which really gets to me. From reliable and dependable, five videos every hour on the hour, to erratic and willy-nilly. Even when I had so many videos to watch I only did so three times a day. They get kind of repetitive at that point. Lol.

It's been at least two months since this happened and I wonder every day if things will return to "normal" today. Since I do like having the dealer available I've found out, through this forum, and thank you all very much, how to get tcash without relying on video ads. I am able to get the 72 I need for the dealer plus the 10 I need for the extra task in regatta. I even get ahead a little bit as I still enjoy getting the decorations in events. But it certainly feels like a grind compared to before.

I'm glad I still get some video ads but I'm beginning to think this is the new normal. I could cope with that better if there was a consistent rate, whether that's five once a day or whatever.

As someone who is related to someone with a substance abuse problem I know what erratic and willy-nilly behaviour feels like on the receiving end. Perhaps this is why it bothers me so much. Hope that isn't tmi.