Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread: No more movies after buying tickets

My video guy used to be here regularly with 3,4 or 5 videos to watch every hour or so. Since the latest update he is only here in the morning, when I open game. After watching the videos I do not see him again all day. I am wondering if anyone else is having this problem. I miss him. I have not purchased anything or deleted him.
    Last edited by Nannyk; 11-05-2018 at 06:59 PM.

My problem is I never see him at all, lol! But that's nothing new.. sigh

All in-game ads have contracts behind them. These contracts specify understandings, definitions, conditions of renumeration, method(s) of payment, frequencies and limitations, any and all desirable/preferred market targets (based on gamers' user profiles), etc. Without reading these contracts, all we have is observational pragmatism and assumptions. Of course, it is still fun to chat about all this.

Whenever I am making a purchase, I am on "high alert" with "shields up" against committing a self-inflicted, costly gotcha -- especially with hard cash. I read the screen but it sounds like, in this case, it wouldn't have be enough for this player due to Playrix's lack of full disclosure.

Quote Originally Posted by Bessville View Post
    My problem is I never see him at all, lol! But that's nothing new.. sigh
    Try saying to them: I am a mod on the forum, I demand the movie tickets!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Míc Miller View Post
    All in-game ads have contracts behind them. These contracts specify understandings, definitions, conditions of renumeration, method(s) of payment, frequencies and limitations, any and all desirable/preferred market targets (based on gamers' user profiles), etc. Without reading these contracts, all we have is observational pragmatism and assumptions. Of course, it is still fun to chat about all this.

Whenever I am making a purchase, I am on "high alert" with "shields up" against committing a self-inflicted, costly gotcha -- especially with hard cash. I read the screen but it sounds like, in this case, it wouldn't have be enough for this player due to Playrix's lack of full disclosure.
    They say that there is no connection (which I still doubt, even if it doesn't happen everytime) so there shouldn't be anything about this in a contract. As far as I know there was no disclosure about anything, just select which package you want, enter the password of google store and thank you for the purchase. Then again there might have been the text like if you press purchase then you accept the conditions you can read here.

If you were a Dev would you let anyone/any other app just pop up inside your app with an offer to distract your users/customers? No, you control your app's milieu. Remember, it's Playrix' movie director character presenting the offers/video files. (Where did you go, Woody?) There are contracts.

I really don't care to see these ads and would rather feel comfortable about Playrix not needing the extra revenue. I play daily and am willing to pay when the offer convinces me.

Quote Originally Posted by Rocky_Ruud View Post
    Good news, he is back again!
    At the moment just with one ad at a time and with an interval of 8 hours, but I am glad he didn't disappeared for good.

Maybe this is just a coincidence, maybe it is connected.
    But I think it is save to do the purchase, the lovely couple will fit perfectly in your town
    Since this afternoon the video guy is back on track with five vids on a row.
    ... Every hour like it used to be
    Last edited by Rocky_Ruud; 11-17-2018 at 04:50 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Rocky_Ruud View Post
    Since this afternoon the video guy is back on track with five vids on a row.
    ... Every hour like it used to be
    Congrats to you guys that the vid guy returned

Heard yesterday that my mother has gotten more movies again to. Doubt she will be buying again soon.

Quote Originally Posted by Míc Miller View Post
    I really don't care to see these ads and would rather feel comfortable about Playrix not needing the extra revenue. I play daily and am willing to pay when the offer convinces me.
    Unfortunately there are enough people who have a small income and can't spend a lot of money on things like that. Then the free tickets are nice to have.

Quote Originally Posted by THIEF15 View Post
    Heard yesterday that my mother has gotten more movies again to. Doubt she will be buying again soon.

Unfortunately there are enough people who have a small income and can't spend a lot of money on things like that. Then the free tickets are nice to have.
    Yeah, I always wished the adverts could be a "yes please/ no thankyou" settings option. But, it is what it is (...wait, what did we decide it is?) lol

Quote Originally Posted by Bessville View Post
    Yeah, I always wished the adverts could be a "yes please/ no thankyou" settings option. But, it is what it is (...wait, what did we decide it is?) lol
    I would love the answer to that, yesterday I got the vid guy only once and today he has made an appearance twice. I have spent no money, I haven't accidentally deleted him either.
    I guess he can only be treated as a perk not a right.He has been a bit iffy for a while now. This has happened to me in the past and it took ages for him to come back regularly