Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: No more movies after buying tickets

No more movies after buying tickets

My mom (I am doing this for her since she her english isn't good) saw a shed upgrade today in the store and decided to buy it. Now she was disapointed that the upgrade only lasts 2 days. It is a shame that this wasn't mentioned before buying it. It is a shame but this isn't the big problem. What she really hated is that she lost the movies for free tickets and money (which was not mentioned before the sale otherwise she wouldn't have done it). Is there a way to undo the buying or atleast get the movies back?

The video ads are in no way linked to any purchase for any player. They are purely random, and come and go as they please. Some people get them every hour, some once a week, some have never got one at all.

He’ll probably return at some point.
    IMPORTANT: As a Township moderator, I only have power to maintain its forum.
    - Township Support.
    - Before posting a question, please make use of:
    Township Wiki,
    • the stickies on top of each sub-forum,
    • the search function to see previous posts.

”So fly away on a bright new morning,
    Spread your wings and soar to the skies,
    Let softest winds take you on your journey,
    And we will know that you are home.”

see Downton's reply below for further explanation about origin. (Only) After purchase, one can see it as described here.
    ============================================
    Thief15, I guess your mom bought the booster "spacious barn" at the laboratory.

http://township.wikia.com/wiki/Laboratory

If so, for you both as info that all these boosters expire after some time, and that their duration is mentioned to the right of their name, when you tap and hold on them, when reading their description (in the Lab, when you have it, or the Yacht Club, if she got it there; not sure what you mean by store for the boosters). Here it says "2D" for 2 days, respectively what it says in your language.
    Last edited by _DD_; 09-19-2018 at 10:44 AM.

I know playrix say there is no connection between making a purchase and losing ads, but an awful lot of people have reported their ads disappearing after making a purchase so I'm not convinced. There is nothing you can do about it and hopefully he will turn up again at some point but it could be a long wait.

I assume the barn booster was bought from the bank in the bundles, I just had a look and it doesn't mention it only lasts 2 days, so would be good if they could add this info there when you press on it .

Quote Originally Posted by Downton View Post
    I know playrix say there is no connection between making a purchase and losing ads, but an awful lot of people have reported their ads disappearing after making a purchase so I'm not convinced.
    And a lot of ppl, myself included, say it didn't have a connection see f.e. an earlier post here:
    https://forum.playrix.com/showthread...l=1#post551290

BTW, it seems Liza's post I linked to there, has been moved, no idea why. The link to the Help that Pink posted here
    https://forum.playrix.com/showthread...l=1#post564814

doesn't work anymore either...

But in any case the result is as was said already: players can't do anything about it, and if Playrix can influence it, they won't, obviously.

I assume the barn booster was bought from the bank in the bundles, I just had a look and it doesn't mention it only lasts 2 days, so would be good if they could add this info there when you press on it .
    ah I see, that's the explanation then. That's indeed an omission by Playrix that should be changed.

Quote Originally Posted by _DD_ View Post
    And a lot of ppl, myself included, say it didn't have a connection see f.e. an earlier post here:
    https://forum.playrix.com/showthread...l=1#post551290

BTW, it seems Liza's post I linked to there, has been moved, no idea why. The link to the Help that Pink posted here
    https://forum.playrix.com/showthread...l=1#post564814

doesn't work anymore either...

But in any case the result is as was said already: players can't do anything about it, and if Playrix can influence it, they won't, obviously.
    Thanks DD it's great to hear this isnt the case from your personal experience, most people only post about losing the ads and connect it often to making a purchase. I myself lost the ads for no reason at all and after a few months they came back, so this does sound random. I guess I'm just a bit cautious (paranoid?) about it

Well, I'm contrarian by nature. I found it very suspicious when, after having 5 ads *per hour* for months on end that, immediately after making a purchase of a bundle (decoration + T-Cash) that the ads disappeared. They stay absent for a month or so, then trickled back at 1 every few hours, finally about 1 per hour. Then, I made another purchase and they stopped again and I haven't seen them for almost a year now.

Yes, I believe that they do appear randomly for a subset of the players and that they will come and go. But I also believe that once you've demonstrated the willingness to spend real money on t-cash, the "free samples" will stop. They may re-appear to entice you to come back to the store.

Yes, there are absolutely differing experiences - mine being totally different from yours, Charlie - and that is all I'm trying to convey: different.

It's a pity that Liza's posts were deleted or moved or whatever - I'm not good at summarizing but recall her saying that they beta'd the feature of ads, and that players could try to get into a different group (one that has the ads) by re-installing the game - plus the warning about the need to have it backup'd before!
    so the randomness was mainly in which group you were put... and as I said in the linked post, she said it would be suggested to the Devs to change it to .... probably something less random. which doesn't mean necessarily more fair, btw.
    I also remember vaguely a (non-official) post that explained that it could be in the interest of the advertising companies to take ppl out of such a group, or to have them taken out, after a purchase, to get new ppl in, or something... and that it wasn't necessarily decided by Playrix.

Now with every "evidence" gone, esp. and even in the Help, I mainly wonder about the reason for it and what possibly was changed with that. Without any mentioning of anything. Fun when we players then should explain something to other players here in the forum. - That makes me more suspicious than any earlier statement.

Quote Originally Posted by _DD_ View Post

It's a pity that Liza's posts were deleted or moved or whatever
    Is this the post you were talking about _DD_?

Quote Originally Posted by Liza Makhina View Post
    Hey guys,

Please, let me assure you that our system automatically and randomly chooses players who receive these special ads in the game.
    However, sometimes it's possible to outsmart this system
    Usually the system resets itself right after you restart your device or re-install the game. So your chances to join "the group of lucky ones" increase!

Shh... I didn't say a word to anyone *whistling*

I think you not understand how advertising in apps (and games) work. Most apps can be used for free exactly because in-games-apps system advertisement. If you don't want or can't buy apps currency, you will get ads for watching because when you click to watch ads, developer of apps will get REAL money from that. If you want get rid of ads, the only way is BUYING that apps (or games) currency through apps.