Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 2101112

Thread: Small teams/Solo racing

Quote Originally Posted by jjz View Post
    There is a misconception as to the regatta clock here and in other posts. The clock starts at the beginning of the race.
    The regatta starts on Tuesday morning at 8am (GMT).

Your co-ops race starts at the moment the first person in your co-op starts their first task. That is the moment you are grouped with other co-ops and your race begins.

Advantages to waiting: you miss the "eager beaver" racers who jump on a task the second the race starts, you can prep for the tasks you've got, you can dump tasks you don't want and fill the board with those you do, all before "clocking up" your race time.
    IMPORTANT: As a Township moderator, I only have power to maintain its forum.
    - Township Support.
    - Before posting a question, please make use of:
    Township Wiki,
    • the stickies on top of each sub-forum,
    • the search function to see previous posts.

”I can hear you; but I won't.
    Some look for trouble while others don't.
    There's a thousand reasons I should go about my day,
    And ignore your whispers which I wish would go away, oh”

Quote Originally Posted by Nevada View Post
    The regatta starts on Tuesday morning at 8am (GMT).

Your co-ops race starts at the moment the first person in your co-op starts their first task. That is the moment you are grouped with other co-ops and your race begins.

Advantages to waiting: you miss the "eager beaver" racers who jump on a task the second the race starts, you can prep for the tasks you've got, you can dump tasks you don't want and fill the board with those you do, all before "clocking up" your race time.
    So from this post in march....nothing has changed???
    Game Name: This Is It
    Town Name: Hank
    Town Level: 184
    Platform: Kindle Fire

Your co-ops race starts at the moment the first person in your co-op starts their first task. That is the moment you are grouped with other co-ops and your race begins..
    This is not happening in the last few weeks. If you start even a little later then start time, you are put in a race that started at 8am (GMT) and the top teams will be so far ahead you have no chance of catching them. Sorry but something changed and not for the best.
    Last edited by dreadnought; 08-22-2018 at 05:55 PM. Reason: fixed quote
    Happy
    Town Level 153

Quote Originally Posted by scorekeeper View Post
    So from this post in march....nothing has changed???
    I think it did, but in the team matching, not the 'first to finish' rule, as I said here.

Quote Originally Posted by CPRK4 View Post
    This is not happening in the last few weeks. If you start even a little later then start time, you are put in a race that started at 8am (GMT) and the top teams will be so far ahead you have no chance of catching them. Sorry but something changed and not for the best.
    Just to point out that the post you quoted for this response was from March, back when we "all" (can't speak for everyone, of course), believed this to be true.

Other than that; see Bess' post above.
    IMPORTANT: As a Township moderator, I only have power to maintain its forum.
    - Township Support.
    - Before posting a question, please make use of:
    Township Wiki,
    • the stickies on top of each sub-forum,
    • the search function to see previous posts.

”I can hear you; but I won't.
    Some look for trouble while others don't.
    There's a thousand reasons I should go about my day,
    And ignore your whispers which I wish would go away, oh”

Just to point out that the post you quoted for this response was from March, back when we "all" (can't speak for everyone, of course), believed this to be true.

Other than that; see Bess' post above.
    I know this was posted in march, quoted it to show that from March to now something has changed. I do believe that in March the race started when the first team member took a task, now you are put in a race that that is predetermined no matter what time you start the race.
    Happy
    Town Level 153

But it was true. We didn't get put into races with teams that had over half their tasks done. We had a chance to finish in the top half.

They matched us with teams starting close to same time. Now, they are just throwing us in any race with teams that started at official race time. Not a darn thing random or fair about that.

I could care less if they ever admit to changing the rules because it is obvious to everyone that they have.

Just stay around a bit more and they will "change" the rules again and we will all be scrambling to figure it out. For some reason, not obvious to the players, Playrix does not see communication, clarifications of rules, or happy customers as any type of priority.
    Game Name: This Is It
    Town Name: Hank
    Town Level: 184
    Platform: Kindle Fire