Page 1 of 12 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Small teams/Solo racing

Small teams/Solo racing

Just wondering why every time my team GHOST TOWN, enters the gold reggata, other teams finish the reggata in 2_3 days,, seams like GHOST TOWN, will never win or even get a chance to finish in 1st, 2nd, or 3rd, place, my friend lalla town has been playing township for over 5 years, ive been playing over 2 years, please can you explain how other teams can complete the reggata in such a short time,
    kind regards;MR BRIAN SWEENEY.

Banned
    Are you solo racer? Other solo racers will use some Tcash to speed up tasks or refresh the board. If you have equal points the fastest team will win. How many points you normally get each regatta?

Hi Brian

It sounds like you are a team of 2. Small co-ops are very competitive and to win you need to complete all 135 point tasks (including buying the extra task) quickly. The clock does not start until you pick your first task so take some time (days) deleting low value tasks and only pick your first task when you have a board full of high value tasks that you can complete quickly. Even then you may need to use t-cash to speed tasks up to be competitive with some co-ops.

Good luck with you next regatta!!
    Last edited by Messy Town; 06-15-2017 at 12:11 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Messy Town View Post
    Hi Brian

It sounds like you are a team of 2. Small co-ops are very competitive and to win you need to complete all 135 point tasks (including buying the extra task) quickly. The clock does not start until you pick your first task so take some time (days) deleting low value tasks and only pick your first task when you have a board full of high value tasks that you can complete quickly. Even then you may need to use t-cash to speed tasks up to be competitive with some co-ops.

Good luck with you next regatta!!
    I am a one person co-op just promoted to the gold league and was hoping to have a go at winning. Is it possible to get 12 135 point tasks on the board at one time before you,start? Or will they always give you a mixture. I dumped stuff for 2 days and still mostly got planes and trains for 135. After two days I gave up and started but still only had about 4 tasks I could get done fast. Then I still couldn't get anything good so ended up taking a plane which has scuppered my chances! It looks like to win in a single person co-op in the gold league you,have to do about 1 task an hour. This is possible with the right tasks but I can't tell how long you,have to wait or how many you,have to dump to get those tasks.

I have only done one solo regatta and that wasn't in the golden league, I'm not sure whether the mix of tasks are different in each league. I managed to get 9 quick 135 tasks by day 3, I stopped there as I didn't need any more tasks. I don't know whether this is normal or just luck.

No fair game play

People can finish tasks faster if they have cash to use. This game chooses which players will get more videos to watch for the free cash. I use to get heaps but made the mistake of purchasing cash, now I only receive 2videos a day, so that's two bucks. This means my teams progress is hindered, and so is my game play, because I can't get my chests in the mine or the balloons. As a lawyer it is easy to see that they go against their own fair game policy. So don't buy cash

Quote Originally Posted by Beckstar007 View Post
    People can finish tasks faster if they have cash to use. This game chooses which players will get more videos to watch for the free cash. I use to get heaps but made the mistake of purchasing cash, now I only receive 2videos a day, so that's two bucks. This means my teams progress is hindered, and so is my game play, because I can't get my chests in the mine or the balloons. As a lawyer it is easy to see that they go against their own fair game policy. So don't buy cash
    You get 2 videos per day. Some folks get none. Be thankful! There are people who don't spend any cash and finish faster. Why is it that when someone plan and strategize and finish the race quickly, some people automatically think they're spending cash. It's quite possible to finish the race early without spending any money.
    __________________________________________________ __________________________
    "You must be the change you wish to see in the world" ~ Mahatma Gandhi

2 videos per day doesn't necessarily mean 2 Tcash each day. Often you only get coins for watching. Yes prepping your factories, accumulating clovers and mining tools, and having boats already in dock all help to finish tasks more quickly. It can be done. Plus you need to be lucky in the tasks that appear on your task board. Don't do planes, trains, rubber and silk tasks as they take too long. Still I wonder why we put ourselves through this every week?

I guess some of us question how some people get done so fast without Tcash is even if you get lucky (guess I haven't been so lucky yet ) to get 16 135 tasks in 2 days it still takes time to do some of the tasks, even with getting your boats/trains/planes/factories prepped. This week it took me 4 days of dumping every 1/2 hour during the day to get enough 135 tasks. A couple where easy, like house of luck, hot items at the zoo, feeding farm animals, but then there where make 8 tyrolean hats, which even prepping and leaving 6 on the shelves before activating the task, it will take over 4 hours to make the remaining 2 hats. Same with making chili sauce and strawberry jam. Also I had to do at least one train task, which takes hours. I guess the biggest question I have is how do they even get 16 135 tasks in 2 days let alone finish them? For the people that did it could you list the tasks you did in 2 days?

Quote Originally Posted by Sandyq View Post
    I guess some of us question how some people get done so fast without Tcash is even if you get lucky (guess I haven't been so lucky yet ) but then there where make 8 tyrolean hats, which even prepping and leaving 6 on the shelves before activating the task, it will take over 4 hours to make the remaining 2 hats.
    They could have upgraded their factory and had 8 hats on the shelves.