Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 91011
Results 101 to 107 of 107

Thread: Let talk about sheep.

  1. #101
    Gold Member Rocky_Ruud's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2017
    Location
    Spijkenisse, The Netherlands
    Posts
    1,371
    Quote Originally Posted by _DD_ View Post
    Shaun is black?! I saw a video lately, with (cartoonish) sheep fighting, thought it was about Shawn... white... but hm, it was so brutalinski, I got heavily sidetracked and don't remember much more, lol.

    Don't know Old clocks as tale, and that's an expression not good to search Goats are not sheep, though, so what is your thought here?

    baeh-baeh! (that certainly means sthg different in (onomatopoeic, wow, what a word) English and (lautmalerisch) German, lol) <waving>
    Was just editing last post here and then saw your answer

    In Dutch it says 'black sheep' but he looks exactly like the TS sheep. No sheep in Fairytales so I switched to Goats. Seven of them and a Wulf/Wolf....
    Change what you can't accept. Accept what you can't change
    Way2FindMe: #MJZH6C (Mijn boerderij)/Ruud's city of Rock 'nd LOL/level 115/Android

  2. #102
    Quote Originally Posted by Rocky_Ruud View Post
    ..
    In Dutch it says 'black sheep' but he looks exactly like the TS sheep. No sheep in Fairytales so I switched to Goats. Seven of them and a Wulf/Wolf....
    oh I see THAT clock! der Wolf und die 7 Geisslein, yep, also a possibility. But still, as much as I like the idea, you are right not to put the new game on the wish list - 'they' really have enough to repair... ahem, do in their existing games.

  3. #103
    Mmm. Fairytales with sheep should be common, but aren't. There's an Aesop's Fable, and a Gaelic story, similar to both Cinderella and Snow White

    http://www.surlalunefairytales.com/c...ies/sheep.html

    Nursery rhymes : baa baa black sheep and Mary had a little lamb.
    Expressions: a wolf in sheep's clothing, and feeling sheepish.

  4. #104
    Quote Originally Posted by JayS View Post
    Mmm. Fairytales with sheep should be common, but aren't. There's an Aesop's Fable, and a Gaelic story, similar to both Cinderella and Snow White

    http://www.surlalunefairytales.com/c...ies/sheep.html

    Nursery rhymes : baa baa black sheep and Mary had a little lamb.
    Expressions: a wolf in sheep's clothing, and feeling sheepish.
    wow, that is one interesting site for the Fairy Tales; thanks, Jay! I've even bookmarked it.
    Also found the "baa baa black sheep" on YouTube, lol - what work some ppl do for such things, just for us to watch or read
    (and wonder whether our 2 x 3 bags for feeding in TS come from there *g*)

    The expression "a wolf in sheep's clothing" exists in German also, almost literally (ein Wolf im Schafspelz), while "feeling sheepish" usually just is translated with its meaning (verlegen sein).

    ha, we do learn things here, huh?! LOL

  5. #105
    Gold Member Rocky_Ruud's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2017
    Location
    Spijkenisse, The Netherlands
    Posts
    1,371
    There are several fairy tales, sagas, folk tales and there are also stories in Sacred Books where sheep occur.
    Although they do not always have the leading role.
    Change what you can't accept. Accept what you can't change
    Way2FindMe: #MJZH6C (Mijn boerderij)/Ruud's city of Rock 'nd LOL/level 115/Android

  6. #106
    Gold Member Rocky_Ruud's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2017
    Location
    Spijkenisse, The Netherlands
    Posts
    1,371
    Quote Originally Posted by Rocky_Ruud View Post
    When we go from our holiday home to the nearby village, we come across this roundabout.
    High time to make a picture of it!

    Do you remember the pics with the Sheep on the roundabout?
    The artist who created them also created these ones at the entrance of the Holiday park here.
    20190909_210037.jpg Sheep 1.jpg
    Change what you can't accept. Accept what you can't change
    Way2FindMe: #MJZH6C (Mijn boerderij)/Ruud's city of Rock 'nd LOL/level 115/Android

  7. #107
    Quote Originally Posted by Rocky_Ruud View Post
    Do you remember the pics with the Sheep on the roundabout?
    The artist who created them also created these ones at the entrance of the Holiday park here.
    20190909_210037.jpg Sheep 1.jpg
    Interesting! Sheep must be a popular thing there. I don't see much about sheep here in the U.S.
    Johnalex Zarco
    Coop: United Federation
    Coop Position: Leader/Coleader
    Coop Tag: #UN28CX
    Town Name(s): Daimler-Kingston Industries.
    Playing Township Mobile since May 2016
    OS: Android/Kindle/iOS
    "Every way of a man is right in his own eyes, But the Lord weighs the hearts." ~Proverbs 21:2 NKJV


Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •