View Poll Results: Do you think task reservation harms the unity of the coop?

Voters
9. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

3 33.33%
  • No

6 66.67%

Thread: Task Reservation

Task Reservation

My coop has had a lot of issues regarding the topic of respecting reserved tasks and Ive received a little feedback into what could fix this issue, for our coop and for others.
    It would be great if Playrix would take a look at these and decide which one(s) are most feasible as these issues are really taking the fun out of playing this game for me and a few others in my coop.
    1. Everyone has their own list of tasks to choose from. It has been suggested that it would be nice if everyone had their own list of tasks to choose from that way there is no issue of others taking tasks you have spent so much time prepping for.
    2. Reserved tasks cannot be taken by anyone else but the reservee. Currently, people can still take other people's reserved tasks and when people arent willing to respect reservations, it can become a hassle to deal with this. It would be great if they made it so reserved tasks couldnt be touched by anyone but the reservee.
    3. Give Leaders the control. I know coleaders are virtually the same as the leader with only a few minor differences, but the fact that coleaders can undermine the leader's instruction by changing regatta reservation rules disturbs me a lot. I think certain coop settings should either be left entirely to the leader in general or that the leader should be allowed to select who has access to certain features such as promotion settings, task reservation settings, etc.
    4. A bigger list. We can only reserve 1 task at a time, and one problem we have run into time and time again in our coop is that the whole board of available tasks has been reserved by other players. I think the list needs to be expanded so there are tasks available for everyone and not only for those people who reserved them.
    5. Task Reservation Limits. Perhaps it might also help if you can only reserve a task if you are more than 75% complete with your current task, or that you cant reserve back to back tasks. Idk how effective this would be, but it is just a thought.

From late 2016 to mid-2017 my coop had a task booking system and it was effective and popular. However, we ran into the issues we saw above and it came down to the only feasible way to fix all of the issues we faced was to end it. There are mixed feelings in my coop with everyone wanting to keep the task reservation feature, but also wanting to maintain the unity our coop has enjoyed for so long (2016-Present).
    Thank-you for taking the time to read and understand these pleas.

Also note: the poll is overall for all coops. The poll was taken from our coops Facebook page.
    Last edited by dreadnought; 09-14-2018 at 05:40 AM. Reason: merged
    ~ Sincerely,
    Johnalex Zarco

Coop: United Federation
    Coop Position: Leader/Coleader
    Coop Tag: #UN28CX
    Town Name(s): Daimler-Kingston Industries.
    Game: Township
    Playing Township since May 2016
    Forum member since September 2016

"Every way of a man is right in his own eyes, But the Lord weighs the hearts." ~Proverbs 21:2 NKJV

I used to 'request' before it was a thing, lol. The problem in ALL of the co-ops I've been in (lately) is that there is not enough 135 tasks to go around. If you use the request these days, it just holds up the board. I LOVE reserves, but it doesn't work if it stops other 135 tasks from coming up.

So to answer your poll...
    If there are enough 135s that some people can work on quick tasks and others can 'reserve' and work on long tasks....it's great!!!
    Otherwise, there is NO point in reserving, or working long tasks, when it just holds up the board. Just dump!

We have basically no reservation rules other than “don’t take anyone else’s reserve”.
    It works great and while we have had the odd accident, we don’t have any trouble with it really.

The way I see it, the task board was always first-come-first-served. If you saw a task you wanted, you took it. The same stands with reserves. See a task you know you can complete; reserve it.

That being said: we’re a group of around 8 racers, and I’ve seen a maximum of four reserves on the board at one time, so it doesn’t really get jammed up.
    Also, we don’t worry about 135s. Everyone tends to stick over 120 minimum, but there’s no actual point requirement.

Of course, our way definitely wouldn’t work in many many co-ops, but... for us, it’s a great addition.
    IMPORTANT: As a Township moderator, I only have power to maintain its forum.
    - Township Support.
    - Before posting a question, please make use of:
    Township Wiki,
    • the stickies on top of each sub-forum,
    • the search function to see previous posts.

Leader of Franklin's Co-op. #FRERU5

Yes, I know my moustache is lovely. Unfortunately that doesn't solve the current problem.

Quote Originally Posted by Nevada View Post
    We have basically no reservation rules other than “don’t take anyone else’s reserve”.
    It works great and while we have had the odd accident, we don’t have any trouble with it really.

The way I see it, the task board was always first-come-first-served. If you saw a task you wanted, you took it. The same stands with reserves. See a task you know you can complete; reserve it.

That being said: we’re a group of around 8 racers, and I’ve seen a maximum of four reserves on the board at one time, so it doesn’t really get jammed up.
    Also, we don’t worry about 135s. Everyone tends to stick over 120 minimum, but there’s no actual point requirement.

Of course, our way definitely wouldn’t work in many many co-ops, but... for us, it’s a great addition.
    That might be great for a coop of 8 racers, but a coop of 28 racers can prove to be hectic. We dont have any reservation rules, because if we try to implement them, some start to question our teamhood.
    ~ Sincerely,
    Johnalex Zarco

"Every way of a man is right in his own eyes, But the Lord weighs the hearts." ~Proverbs 21:2 NKJV

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

You asked for opinions; I gave you mine.

Pretty sure I stated that it wouldn’t work for everyone.

Ultimately, the leader makes the rules. If there are people that don’t like the rules, they can put up or push off. It might mean some re-jigging of members initially, but eventually you’ll end up with a co-op of like-minded players.
    Last edited by dreadnought; 09-14-2018 at 11:18 AM. Reason: heh
    IMPORTANT: As a Township moderator, I only have power to maintain its forum.
    - Township Support.
    - Before posting a question, please make use of:
    Township Wiki,
    • the stickies on top of each sub-forum,
    • the search function to see previous posts.

Leader of Franklin's Co-op. #FRERU5

Yes, I know my moustache is lovely. Unfortunately that doesn't solve the current problem.

Quote Originally Posted by Nevada View Post
    ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

You asked for opinions; I gave you mine.

Pretty sure I stated that it wouldn’t work for everyone.

Ultimately, the leader makes the rules. If there are people that don’t like the rules, they can put up or push off. It might mean some re-jigging of members initially, but eventually you’ll end up with a co-op of like-minded players.
    I know And I simply replied to your opinion! Wasnt meant as a rebuke of it!
    ~ Sincerely,
    Johnalex Zarco

I think both of you are right

There are just too many factors that go into it that there is no 'right answer'. We had a small co-op like Nevada's but we went for all 135's. One of the members would reserve a task the second it popped up and then work on quicks tasks until they were ready to take it. This became a HUGE problem when they started limiting it to 3 135's. They'd reserve a task, take a task and the other 7 members were left with 1 task on the board....usually planes. I don't believe the person was doing anything wrong, that's how reserves are suppose to work, but it wasn't 'helping' the co-op.

In my last co-op they did more of a 'soft' reserve in the chat. Like, I'm going to grab that task as soon as mine is done, but if you can do it quicker, go ahead! This is my favorite approach to reserves, but that still would be hard in a co-op of 28.

Quote Originally Posted by HelpersAllAboardSerenity View Post
    I think both of you are right

There are just too many factors that go into it that there is no 'right answer'. We had a small co-op like Nevada's but we went for all 135's. One of the members would reserve a task the second it popped up and then work on quicks tasks until they were ready to take it. This became a HUGE problem when they started limiting it to 3 135's. They'd reserve a task, take a task and the other 7 members were left with 1 task on the board....usually planes. I don't believe the person was doing anything wrong, that's how reserves are suppose to work, but it wasn't 'helping' the co-op.

In my last co-op they did more of a 'soft' reserve in the chat. Like, I'm going to grab that task as soon as mine is done, but if you can do it quicker, go ahead! This is my favorite approach to reserves, but that still would be hard in a co-op of 28.
    Some of our members dont want "chat reservations" happening and they seem vehemently opposed even though I have told them that reservations made in chat dont have to be honored. However, it is difficult to enforce any kind of rules when we only have an idea of who is doing it.
    Our coop has 30 members, but at least 2 of them are opted out (more are this regatta as some were wrongfully kicked out).
    ~ Sincerely,
    Johnalex Zarco