Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Reservations

Reservations

Please can i have some ideas on different co-ops rules for reserving tasks during the regatta. I am a leader and currently having problems, which is becoming really tedious!

I have found any task that requires preparation can be reserved works well. Harvesting crops, manufacturing goods, bringing goods from islands.
    House of luck, feeding animals, planes trains cannot be reserved.

Sending the list via email, may take 2 people, at the start of each regatta can help.

No excuses, everyone gets the email.

Early on reservations were causing a number of issues so rather quickly we went to no reservations period. So much better, no task stealing or board gridlock or upset members... Our rule is you can ask in chat the area if there is a task you really want to do and so far those request have always been honored, but it's understood it's first come.
    Town: Truli
    Level: 146
    Co-op Leader: Unsinkable #UNS6W2
    Platform: Kindle Fire

Before there were reservations, our team agreed to only hold items for an hour. Now that there is a 12-hour reservation system, the 1-hour rule still stands. So if I reserve a task that you really want, you can take it if I don't in the first hour.
    We are a team of a few good people who are in the golden league!

Name: You can call me Bob
    My Co-Op: Teamwork (#E3ESY7 - http://bit.ly/CoOpRules)
    My Town: Schitt's Creek
    Friend Code: 6TTK54
    Operating system: Android

Quote Originally Posted by Toni Ripton View Post
    Please can i have some ideas on different co-ops rules for reserving tasks during the regatta. I am a leader and currently having problems, which is becoming really tedious!
    Your co-op size will guide you what best strategy to use so having that information will helpful for us.

Can you elaborate on what kind of problems you are have by exactly?

Quote Originally Posted by Toni Ripton View Post
    Here are some of the issues my coop has been facing.

And here are some of the issues I have run into recently regarding settings.
    Johnalex Zarco
    Coop: United Federation
    Coop Position: Leader/Coleader
    Coop Tag: #UN28CX
    Town Name(s): Daimler-Kingston Industries.
    Playing Township Mobile since May 2016
    "Every way of a man is right in his own eyes, But the Lord weighs the hearts." ~Proverbs 21:2 NKJV

I agree with Jdelacr that knowing the kind of problems would help with the advice.
    What I see here quite often described as a problem of the reservation feature is that some players don't play by the Coop rules, although they should know better, and the Leader doesn't "want" to kick them. But that *is* the solution already, if they can't be convinced.

I have a question regarding reservations. In our co-op, they delete anything under 130 points. This causes there to only be 1 or 2 tasks available for selection for long periods of time. Two members "reserved" the two available tasks, so basically, there were 0 tasks "available" for 3 hours. Meanwhile, the leader barks complaints if people are slow to reach 15 tasks and will even kick you out of you are not completing tasks quick enough. After 3 hours of no task becoming "available", I took a reserved ore task, and they are flipping out. If it was a factory creation item, I could understand the upset. But 10 ore is not something you could have stockpiled in advance and I could have completed 9 already in that 3 hours time frame.

It you are talking about making 10 ingots then you can have the ore stocked ready to use and a booster on ready to do it. A lot of co-ops limit what players are allowed to reserve but it your co-op allows reserves on these tasks then they are going to flip out if you take it.

I understand it can be frustrating waiting for a task to come along however you have to abide by your co-op rules, and taking a reserved task is a no no. If you are unhappy with how the co-op is being managed regarding the regatta the only real choice open to you is to find another one.

Sorry I can't give you any other advice, but if it doesn't seem possible to discuss the problems you feel you are facing with your leader and teammates then you really would be better off finding another co-op.

You can find co-ops advertising for new members at the top of this page here.

skandelous, yes, reading Downtons answer: what IS your question?