Thread: New monuments from washington DC

New monuments from washington DC

I would love to see Monuments from Washington DC. Like the Washington Monument, or the Lincoln Memorial or the Jefferson Memorial. Something Like that , we have ones from NY, and other places around the world but not Washington DC.
    Thank you and hope you will consider this.
    Best Regaurds,
    Hollie

Hollie,

Township is played around the world and the landmarks must have wide international recognition. Decorations from NYC are world known. Monuments from American History would only appeal to a select group of players.

Kind regards.

To be fair, I'm fairly certain the three named monuments would be at least as recognisable as most of the other monuments currently offered, if not more so.
    IMPORTANT: As a Township moderator, I only have power to maintain its forum.
    - Township Support.
    - Before posting a question, please make use of:
    Township Wiki,
    • the stickies on top of each sub-forum,
    • the search function to see previous posts.

”I can hear you; but I won't.
    Some look for trouble while others don't.
    There's a thousand reasons I should go about my day,
    And ignore your whispers which I wish would go away, oh”

Johnalex Zarco
    Quote Originally Posted by Hollie Lane View Post
    I would love to see Monuments from Washington DC. Like the Washington Monument, or the Lincoln Memorial or the Jefferson Memorial. Something Like that , we have ones from NY, and other places around the world but not Washington DC.
    Thank you and hope you will consider this.
    Best Regaurds,
    Hollie
    As an American, I am a bit biased and would say that would be great. But I think we have several, we can have a stone obelisk which resembled the one found in Washington DC (aka the Washington Monument) and we can have as many as we want.
    Washington Monument.jpg
    However, since our capitol building is similar to capitols around the globe, it would be cool to be able to have buildings that look like that, and we can set our own little "nation" or such (Idk if the town hall gets that grandeur, if it does, please say so someone!).

Quote Originally Posted by Jdelacr View Post
    Hollie,

Township is played around the world and the landmarks must have wide international recognition. Decorations from NYC are world known. Monuments from American History would only appeal to a select group of players.

Kind regards.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nevada View Post
    To be fair, I'm fairly certain the three named monuments would be at least as recognisable as most of the other monuments currently offered, if not more so.
    Since they are in the capitol, they would be quite known worldwide. I think they dont because they pertain to American presidents and if they do that, statues of Queen Victoria of the United Kingdom (1819-1901 r.1937-1901), Empress Catherine II of Russia (1729-1796 r.1762-1796), Queen Elizabeth II of the United Kingdom (1926- r.1952- ), and many more would then likely be requested by people in those countries; buildings like Buckingham Palace, the Reichstag, the rest of the British Parliament, the US Congress, and many more will likely be wanted.
    Playrix is a Russian-based company trying to create a game that fits everyone having memorials to great American leaders could be seen as favoritism and soon every political and world leader who has ever lived will be demanded by someone out there.

Quote Originally Posted by Jdelacr View Post
    Hollie,

Kind regards.
    I don't even care if I recognise the monuments or know where they're from. I just want them to be pretty and work with the styles of deco we already have. There's even an argument that more obscure buildings are better - fewer 'international' connotations for people to get the huff about.

I have seen it only here in the forum, I think, but it has been said several times by veteran players that these "monument" buildings have to be "listed on UNESCO's World Heritage list of historical and cultural significance, and only buildings from this list are allowed". Search for Unesco, f.e.

It's probably to avoid discussions about "importance" of buildings over others.

f.e.:
    https://forum.playrix.com/showthread...l=1#post173192

Oh, interesting, I didn't know that. Thanks _DD_!

Quote Originally Posted by _DD_ View Post
    I have seen it only here in the forum, I think, but it has been said several times by veteran players that these "monument" buildings have to be "listed on UNESCO's World Heritage list of historical and cultural significance, and only buildings from this list are allowed". Search for Unesco, f.e.

f.e.:
    I've also seen on the forum that only buildings from the UNESCO World Heritage list are allowed, but I couldn't find several of them there, eg Burj al Khalifa, Petronas Towers, Golden Gate Bridge etc.

The UNESCO list is here : http://whc.unesco.org/en/list

Quote Originally Posted by _DD_ View Post

f.e.:
    Quote Originally Posted by JJay View Post
    I've also seen on the forum that only buildings from the UNESCO World Heritage list are allowed, but I couldn't find several of them there, eg Burj al Khalifa, Petronas Towers, Golden Gate Bridge etc.

The UNESCO list is here : http://whc.unesco.org/en/list

I think the distinction comes into play when incorporating religious buildings such as Notre Dame and St Basil's Cathedrals. Only those listed as World Heritage sites are allowed in the game.