Thread: Regatta Chat

Regatta Chat

I know that the developers have ruled out the potential of private messaging friends at least for now but I don't see anything about special chats not being offered. I was wondering if it could be a possibility for there to be chat rooms for everyone and then special rooms for elders and co-leader. I feel that it is important for members of leadership in co-ops have the ability to chat and discuss new ideas and also discuss which players need to be kicked and other things and it would be better if we could do that without members seeing what we are talking about. Is this a possibility.

Quote Originally Posted by Hallrick View Post
    I know that the developers have ruled out the potential of private messaging friends at least for now but I don't see anything about special chats not being offered. I was wondering if it could be a possibility for there to be chat rooms for everyone and then special rooms for elders and co-leader. I feel that it is important for members of leadership in co-ops have the ability to chat and discuss new ideas and also discuss which players need to be kicked and other things and it would be better if we could do that without members seeing what we are talking about. Is this a possibility.
    Hi Hallrick. I never say "never", however I would be extremely surprised if the chat facility was extended as you have described in your post. With increased communication comes the risk of malicious or inappropriate behaviour. There is no report, block or ignore feature in the game itself. The game is played by children as well as adults, so many extra protection protocols would have to be added to ensure every player's safety and privacy.

I absolutely understand that but given the filters in which the game already possess the only thing that would be needed would be the option to block and or report users which could be integrated as one feature since most of the time if you are going to block someone they most likely are doing something which violates the rules anyhow. The game already has a prompt in the chat reminding users to never give out personal information online which is great; just adding that additional block and report feature would work out. The other good thing is when it comes to my chat suggestion in most cases; unless you only have one co-leader or elder; you would never be putting someone in a one-on-one situation.