Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Looking for decorating tips and inspiration for Supermarket

Looking for decorating tips and inspiration for Supermarket

Mods, please kindly do not move this thread to the Design forum, as I will not be able to comment on it there. Thank you. I hope the admins will reconsider letting us regular members add new threads to the Design forum, as something is amiss when threads created by regular members are moved from their original forum to the Design forum. The thread creator (OP) is then sometimes unable to comment on their own thread.

I am looking for everyone's design and decorating ideas for the Supermarket. To me, the building is somewhat ugly. If I build it, I would like to find a way to use it that doesn't involve hiding it, but so it still looks good.

Do you guys have tips to share or decorations that look good when paired with the Supermarket? Or ways that you placed the Supermarket so that it was surrounded by other items to make it look better?

I would love to see your screenshots of how you have decorated around the Supermarket!

Thank you.

It blends well with the residential complexes and/or the modern high rises. I'd screenshot but right now that area is a bit crammed together and it's not as aesthetic as it once was.
    Playing since 9/19/2016
    Level 101 iOS
    Zoo level = I hate the new zoo
    Co-op A-team (by request) #4YD4J9

91016948-E55F-469F-91A2-7D6D0FC9EBA5.jpg

I placed a parking lot in front.

A9C654CE-3EC4-4B07-A9B6-17DAC74A1556.jpg

I have the mountains close behind it and other tall buildings nearby so it doesnt stand out as such a big lump.

Mine is in a town square with bowling movie theater bank with market area schools and some houses check it out to large an area to do screen shots
    **Started playing August 2015** Town 145 Zoo 45 FINALLY
    Have all the factories Special projects and land expansion Zoo IS DONE
    In a small Golden League co-op 5 of us no drama we have fun
    #QM25Q2 come visit Guinn Township
    Android Tablet and phone

I don’t mind the supermarket, it blends well with similar residential buildings so if you don’t want it to stand out try it with similar heights and colours of other buildings. That’s what I’ve tried anyway. Happy designing!
    Co-op = Land of Dragons. # NEZ8R6
    Town= Meesh

Quote Originally Posted by Zelda View Post
    I 've choose an other parking lot next to it so my Townies can visit the shopping center by car

Today is not a busy day at the supermarket
    Last edited by Rocky_Ruud; 09-07-2018 at 07:23 AM.
    Change what you can't accept. Accept what you can't change
    Way2FindMe: #MJZH6C (Mijn boerderij)/Ruud's city of Rock 'nd LOL/level 111/Android

Quote Originally Posted by Veganville View Post
    It blends well with the residential complexes and/or the modern high rises. I'd screenshot but right now that area is a bit crammed together and it's not as aesthetic as it once was.
    Thank you! I will visit your town and have a look!

Quote Originally Posted by Zelda View Post
    91016948-E55F-469F-91A2-7D6D0FC9EBA5.jpg

Oh, Zelda, I quite like this! I didn't think I would find a use for that parking lot, but that decor looks great next to the supermarket!
    Last edited by missy.; 08-02-2019 at 01:50 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Bessville View Post
    A9C654CE-3EC4-4B07-A9B6-17DAC74A1556.jpg

I have the mountains close behind it and other tall buildings nearby so it doesnt stand out as such a big lump.
    Very nice, Bessville! I will visit to have a closer look.

Quote Originally Posted by barbguinn View Post
    Mine is in a town square with bowling movie theater bank with market area schools and some houses check it out to large an area to do screen shots
    I will do that, barbguinn! Thank you!

ETA: I like the way you positioned the flower cart, the fountain, and the side parking lot nearby. Along with the bank and the movie theater, etc., the area looks very realistic. Thumbs up!
    Last edited by missy.; 08-02-2019 at 01:50 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Meesh View Post
    I don’t mind the supermarket, it blends well with similar residential buildings so if you don’t want it to stand out try it with similar heights and colours of other buildings. That’s what I’ve tried anyway. Happy designing!

Thank you, Meesh! I will visit your town and check it out.

ETA: I like how you placed the cart of pumpkins nearby. The flowers and archway nearby look good, also. And that is a great spot for your fish market; the fish market near the supermarket makes sense.

You guys keep giving me great ideas.
    Last edited by missy.; 08-02-2019 at 01:52 AM.