Thread: Confirmation Button for Land Expansion, Please

Confirmation Button for Land Expansion, Please

I would love to see a confirmation screen pop up before I accidentally expand an area of land that I would prefer to remain wild.

I currently have a four-square wild area (which I am dubbing Central Park ) and am building housing and CBs around it. I don't want to accidentally develop it.

Thank you!
    Last edited by missy.; 08-02-2019 at 01:47 AM.

William Shannon
    Don’t tap on it? 🤔

Even if you clear it, you can put a large park or a wild park in its place.

Quote Originally Posted by William Shannon View Post
    Don’t tap on it? 🤔
    It is too easy to tap or misclick, especially when playing on a phone as I sometimes do.

Even if you clear it, you can put a large park or a wild park in its place.
    Those decorations don't have the same look as unexpanded land.

That is why I choose to leave wild areas in my town, and why it would be nice to have a confirmation button for land expansions.

I agree ! It would be great if we have a confirmation button for land expansions .

William Shannon
    Quote Originally Posted by missy. View Post
    It is too easy to tap or misclick, especially when playing on a phone as I sometimes do.

Those decorations don't have the same look as unexpanded land.

That is why I choose to leave wild areas in my town, and why it would be nice to have a confirmation button for land expansions.
    You have to tap the land and then choose to expand it. How would someone accidentally tap twice like that? I only play on my phone and never had that issue.

Both of those decorations look a lot like the unexpanded land.

You have to tap the land and then choose to expand it. How would someone accidentally tap twice like that? I only play on my phone and never had that issue.
    Because the first tap is literally any tap you make in the game. You tap on an unintended area and the Expand window pops up, covering the entire screen. It is very easy to misclick on these since they fill the screen. Especially if (a) the phone/touchscreen malfunctions or acts weird for a few seconds like my iPad is prone to, or (b) if one is momentarily distracted with kids, or anything else, or (c) if one is playing while sleepy (admittedly I have dozed off while playing and popped awake with my finger having pressed an unintended area in the game ). There are many threads requesting confirmation buttons for a wide variety of game features, including accidental zoo expansions (why is that guy always hovering there ready to immediately build my zoo if I accidentally click Expand?! It is right next to the train depot, so it is easy to click), accidental island expansions, free load coupons, etc. Basically in my view there should be the option in Settings to toggle a confirmation button on/off (player preference) so we can get that extra confirmation step on anything in the game that uses precious resources including gold or building or expansion materials.

Both of those decorations look a lot like the unexpanded land.
    They really do not, especially during seasons like winter where there is snow on all wild areas; the ponds in wild areas are frozen, while the ponds in the “wild park” are flowing, and trees in the “wild park” and “large park” stay evergreen even in winter, while wild areas have lovely snow on the branches.

I have never thought the wild parks or large parks match what a true wild landscape looks like in the game. Especially when they remain evergreen in the winter, and the quality of the ponds in the wild areas is unmatched by any decoration. Summer or winter, the ponds and plants in wild areas far surpass the decor attempting to simulate them.

Confirmation buttons are always a good idea no matter what is being bought. It can be easy to check on something and hit the wrong button.

Especially true if you have a cat!
    Town: Cedar Spring
    Town Level: 116
    Co-op: Spring's Bounty - International Regatta Community
    Forum Member: December 2015