Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Township wanna kidding me?

Angry Township wanna kidding me?

2 Co-Op members…

Both with maximum Tasks (16 +1)…

Therefore both with maximum possible points…

BUT RELEGATED TO SILVER LEAGUE !!!!!

Only because the others did the tasks quicker...

BUT HEY!!!! We are not professional players, we play for fun, going to work, not able to do all tasks within 1 oder max. 2 days!!!!

And then RELEGATED with full, maximum possible points?!?!?!?

Are you serious about that?!?!?

2 racing in a 6 member coop, finished 4320 points (each 16/135, perfect score for 2 racers) by weekend.

2 weeks ago we finished 13th out of maybe 14 or 15 perfect score teams match-up (scary to say the least). Demoted to silver, back to gold the next regatta, and struggle to stay in gold with 4320 (perfect score) .......

This grouping with all perfect score teams makes us exhausted..... I've told my teammate to give up the race, relax, and don't spend anymore t-cash to speed-up, not worth it anymore ...... I know how you feel, Reminder, but I don't think Playrix will take our pain seriously as long as they can get more money from the unsuspected newbies that keeps coming in and play their game.

I am so tired of doing only 135 point tasks to stay in gold so next season I will be doing 130+ tasks. I look forward to dropping down to silver league.

See this monster thread for many grumbles along similar lines, Reminder, and examples of how some teams are apparently getting a much easier ride than others.

Quote Originally Posted by Reminder View Post
    2 Co-Op members…

Both with maximum Tasks (16 +1)…

Therefore both with maximum possible points…

BUT RELEGATED TO SILVER LEAGUE !!!!!

Only because the others did the tasks quicker...

BUT HEY!!!! We are not professional players, we play for fun, going to work, not able to do all tasks within 1 oder max. 2 days!!!!

And then RELEGATED with full, maximum possible points?!?!?!?

Are you serious about that?!?!?
    Hello Reminder,

The regatta is indeed a race. Not everybody can get a trophy and you happened to be in a competitive group. Small co-ops tend to be more competitive (than larger ones) nevertheless. Most of us are not professional regatta races either.

If you are racing for fun, I don't understand why you are so disgruntled about the results. Township doesn't guaranteed lifetime gold league membership, even if you race perfectly. You were also compensated for your tasks. You opened 9 chests and got tokens to buy things at the yacht cub.

Also, racing perfectly is not like an almost impossible feat that very few teams achieve.

Everyone has responsibilities. I can't imagine Playrix handing out a questionnaire based on your personal/private responsibilities and matching your competition based on you that. lol

There has been SEVERAL discussions right on page 1 of this forum describing similar situations to yours, the preparation these top teams engage in and/or use Tcash and the possible creation of a platinum league.

As of right now it seems that if you race perfectly you will be matched to similarly competitive teams, and that means some one will obviously finish faster.

There might be a silver lining to dropping to silver. You may come back to a less competitive gold league.

Kind regards.

Quote Originally Posted by Jdelacr View Post
    Hello Reminder,

If you are racing for fun, I don't understand why you are so disgruntled about the results.
    You don't understand? That means you are not WILLING to understand?!?

It is very simple: being relegated to silver league despite having done maximum points is not acceptable! Telling me that "Township doesn't guaranteed lifetime gold league membership" is pure nonsense, because what will be next? Staying in gold league only when the whole team does perfect race within 1 day - all others will be relegated?

I have definitively no problem doing perfect race to stay in gold league, but i have a very big problem when perfect race still leads to relegation.

And if Township is not willing to solve this, I will not be willing doing Regatta any more - perhaps even not willing playing Township any more!

Reminder

The bottom line is more and more teams are doing 135 tasks only, especially in smaller co-ops (it sucks you were perfect and got relegated) but, think of it like a relay race. Finishing all 135’s is the equivalent of just getting the baton round nowadays, managing to get the baton round does not guarantee a medal, it just means you finished. Those that took home the medals got the baton round quicker than the other teams. Maybe silver league will be like a semi-final and you can get your win in there, but, tbh, if you take all week you have to accept your unlikely to win and may drop down sometimes, all 135’s are almost standard nowadays, sorry

Quote Originally Posted by Reminder View Post
    You don't understand? That means you are not WILLING to understand?!?

It is very simple: being relegated to silver league despite having done maximum points is not acceptable! Telling me that "Township doesn't guaranteed lifetime gold league membership" is pure nonsense, because what will be next? Staying in gold league only when the whole team does perfect race within 1 day - all others will be relegated?

I have definitively no problem doing perfect race to stay in gold league, but i have a very big problem when perfect race still leads to relegation.

And if Township is not willing to solve this, I will not be willing doing Regatta any more - perhaps even not willing playing Township any more!
    Calm down. It is just a game. I think I can hear you shouting through my screen lol

All I was trying to say is that if you are care about the results of the race, then you are not racing for fun.

Big problem? It doesn't have to be. Next race you can be back to gold. It is not like you descended into the eternal fire of hell lol

Don't let your pride stop participating from the race or playing township. The regattas are still worthwhile and rewarding if you complete all the tasks. You can get decorations and open chests even if you are last place, thats very good compared to many other games.

Also read Deano's post

Kind regards.

It's true so many teams are only doing only 135 point tasks and maxing out at 16 each so it fails to reason the faster teams at accomplishing this are going to edge you out. Dropping down to silver might be your blessing in disguise, hopefully when you achieve gold league status again you will be matched with less aggressive/competitive teams so you can race in the style that works best for your team.
    Personally I wish it was not so stressful participating in regattas, or that it seems to be the main focus anymore, it is taking all the fun out of this game.
    Town: Truli
    Level: 146
    Co-op Leader: Unsinkable #UNS6W2
    Platform: Kindle Fire

I always thought of a fair race as being matched with teams that were similar in ability. As you get better and win a few against these similar teams you advance to the next level and the competition gets tougher. Doesn't seem to happen that way here. No matter what you guys keep saying about how you have to do 16/135 in a day to remain competitive doesn't make sense to me in the sense of fair play.
    When a co-op that has won maybe one or two races in gold league gets matched with multiple teams that have won 20 or 30 races that does not seem fair.
    We dropped into silver last week because I had to kick a couple of rude people out. We deserved to drop.
    So here we are in silver racing against an evenly matched field except us who were much better than the rest. We easily won without doing all the tasks and even some low point tasks.
    How was this fair for the other teams..and for us it was pretty boring to glide into a win with little effort
    I think most of the people who feel the regatta is not fun anymore just want to be matched with comparable teams. No one is expecting to be handed a win or to stay in gold forever without doing the work. But I think we are expecting to be matched with teams of a comparable ability.
    At least that's what I expect.
    Town: Katucket
    Co-op: Flying Cloud #FYWW7J
    Playing on Kindle since August 2017