Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Township Times 15

Township Times 15

Wow! That Update was pretty….ahem, hack, wheeze …..yeah, that was an update all right. Pretty meaty for our 5th Anniversary don’t you think?

There are certain little things about Township that should not bother me and yet they do. E.G. when you are placing decorations in your town and you have placed the first one on land say, why does the software assume you want to place the next one IN THE WATER!!! Flowers can’t go in water! And it does it for every stinking one. Place decoration, move it out of water, place decoration, move it out of water, etc. Sigh.

Did you know that the Bored Senseless League had a little social last week? I found out JIT and I went. I will share some of the highlights for you, the Township Forum Consumer:

1. It got off to a rocking start with a dynamic keynote speaker, Ben Gay, who explored the intricacies of upgrading the Jewel Factory for time. This is a great undertaking for the higher level players and I am on it!

2. Next up was Doctor Ravi Rashar and he demonstrated some finger exercises that will help you avoid Carpal Tunnel Syndrome from excessive Township play. Good stuff, good stuff.

3. The last speaker was Melanie Haber, whose topic was “Township, the Endgame Strategy.” Melanie had some meat and taters advice on how to wean yourself off of Township and some good tips on how to choose your next game.

Next on the agenda, there were several players presented with coveted Factory Upgrade Pins. I want one of these:
    1. Betty Bolitski – All Factories at 85% XP bonus.
    2. Nick Shey – All Factories at 90% XP bonus.

After the formal part of the social was over, things degraded rapidly into drinking and a Playrix bashathon.

Enjoy your Labor Day weekend.
    Last edited by Cobalt Banana; 09-01-2018 at 10:37 PM.
    Town - DALISCAPE
    Coop - seul en mer(#SEU82G)
    Be kind.

Hhhmmm. Can’t reply right now, too many cocktails from the party.
    Level 163
    Zoo Level 45
    IOS - iPad Air

Co-Op: Sogno Mare (Sea Dream) - Sail only for certain rewards.
    Town: Far Niente Bay

Ideas That Cannot Be Implemented At This Time (Or Ever)

Did I miss an event?
    Johnalex Zarco
    Coop: United Federation
    Coop Position: Leader/Coleader
    Coop Tag: #UN28CX
    Town Name(s): Daimler-Kingston Industries.
    Playing Township Mobile since May 2016
    "Every way of a man is right in his own eyes, But the Lord weighs the hearts." ~Proverbs 21:2 NKJV

Hanging my head, it is difficult to announce that for the first time in 101 consecutive Gold League Regattas, the "Kingsroad Trading Post" co-op is going to be demoted to Silver. Given our long history in Gold, I think it is unfair that we are to be demoted just because I "fat fingered" a "start" instead of "dump" on a lower value task.

We found ourselves in a match where the top 12 teams are all perfect and with 1 day left, the 14th and 15th teams are only 1 task away from perfect. We are doomed to finish 15th. I think this matchup was unfair as nobody faltered on perfect tasks but us, we should have equally fumbling opponents. I will demand an explanation on how these opponents were chosen from CS.

Looking forward to the next season in Silver, I think it's unfair that I will not have access to the best new decoration of the paranormal persuasion and I will have two fewer tasks to accumulate tokens as I spent them all on multiple Stonehenges and Stone Age Houses for my "Land of the Dinosaurs".

If I must look for the silver lining (pun intended), our ascension to Gold was a bit tarnished as we only placed 3rd in our first (and only) Silver race. I suppose I'm looking forward to getting the Gold Trophy in Silver (is that a thing?).

I was going to post a recruitment ad but I will defer that until I can once again lift my head up high and offer a perfect Gold team to prospective members.

I'm going to slink away now and sob quietly. Thanks Buddy for giving me this forum. Apologies and Amends are just two steps on the Road of Recovery from "Regatta Addiction" (Please give generously during our fund raising telethon soon to be seen on the Game Show Network, check your local cable listings for time and channel).

Charlie, could very well be the "take a task" glitch. You delete a task, next thing you know, the task has been given to you! This has happened to quite a few in our co op. Believe me, I feel your shame and embarrassment. I was given a 108 bacon task a couple weeks ago that I know I deleted!

Truly, enjoy the fun in silver. You can complete 14 task with one hand tied behind your back in 2-3 days....leads to extra time to enjoy real life . Just don't wait till last week of regatta to make your move back up to gold.

Will we be able to use tcash as donations?
    Game Name: This Is It
    Town Name: Hank
    Town Level: 184
    Platform: Kindle Fire

Quote Originally Posted by scorekeeper View Post
    Will we be able to use tcash as donations?
    I'm still checking the details on something new. Several people have sent me PMs saying I should "Go Fund Yourself!" so I'm checking into how that works. Of course it could have been a typo

Does T-Cash qualify as a cryptocurrency?

Quote Originally Posted by cdosr View Post
    I'm still checking the details on something new. Several people have sent me PMs saying I should "Go Fund Yourself!" so I'm checking into how that works. Of course it could have been a typo

Does T-Cash qualify as a cryptocurrency?
    Rofl, spilled my tea now

Looking forward to the next season in Silver, I think it's unfair that I will not have access to the best new decoration of the paranormal persuasion and I will have two fewer tasks to accumulate tokens as I spent them all on multiple Stonehenges and Stone Age Houses for my "Land of the Dinosaurs".
    Charlie, that was a good run. I am impressed. I think the grim reaper gets us all if you keep playing the Regatta. It is only a matter of time. Our number was not called this week but we were vulnerable as one of our 3 members both dumped a task already started and timed out on another.

I know you are going to "get er done" and be back in Gold. You have ample time to do that in the next season, and even if it be not so, there is always the "Steal a Gold League" tactic at your disposal. Nevada is the resident expert at this. So, let us know (Charlie Regatta Cam) the foibles of fighting your way back to Gold. It will be a good read I'm sure.
    Last edited by Cobalt Banana; 09-02-2018 at 11:10 AM.
    Town - DALISCAPE
    Coop - seul en mer(#SEU82G)
    Be kind.

I'd say you're welcome to join us for your paranormal purchasing, Charlie, but we're currently in steel... :/
    IMPORTANT: As a Township moderator, I only have power to maintain its forum.
    - Township Support.
    - Before posting a question, please make use of:
    Township Wiki,
    • the stickies on top of each sub-forum,
    • the search function to see previous posts.

”I can hear you; but I won't.
    Some look for trouble while others don't.
    There's a thousand reasons I should go about my day,
    And ignore your whispers which I wish would go away, oh”

...and I will have two fewer tasks to accumulate tokens as I spent them all on multiple Stonehenges and Stone Age Houses for my "Land of the Dinosaurs".
    Looking at that one... what happened? do you insist that they are extinct, or were they overrun by the two mammoths, or is the blue dino at his green dessert already?
    Or is there a 2nd somewhere?