Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Choosing Elders!

Choosing Elders!

Need help choosing our elders! We only want five of them! Need to know ways other co-ops pick theirs! All input is greatly appreciated!

Somebody help with this!

Hi Jenny

Here are some ideas :-)

First I would consider how long they have been in the coop. Are they racing often ? Are they helpful ?

As Elders can dump tasks, I would choose someone who is active on the chat. Asking others opinion, saying why she delete and so on. Choosing a player that never read the chat or never interact with the others would not be a good idea.

Another thing to consider is their time zone. Do your coop cover many time zones ? It could be helpful to have an elder dumping task for other players in that time zone.

You mention promoting 5 people. I do not know how or why you decide that number but I would go slowly on these promotions. Maybe 2 a week just to see how things go. I would make sure they understand what are the rules for dumping tasks too. One player looking for that perfect task for himself can create havoc with the list of tasks.

As leader of the Givers only Coop, I have taken a different approach and made everyone a co-leader once they have earned 2100 points in a regatta (we are currently #29 on the leaderboard). All our members are thus co-leaders.
    Last edited by Dan Donaldson; 09-17-2016 at 07:40 PM.

Thank you GrayLady, that helps a lot!

My co member was made elder at same time as myself. Comes up Elder by her name but she can not dump tasks. Why is this. What can be done.?

Quote Originally Posted by julieg View Post
    My co member was made elder at same time as myself. Comes up Elder by her name but she can not dump tasks. Why is this. What can be done.?
    Hi Julie

What happen when she try to dump a task ? Is there a message?

Quote Originally Posted by julieg View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Graylady View Post
    Hi Julie

What happen when she try to dump a task ? Is there a message?
    Also what platform and operating system/version is she/he playing with. If he/she's is playing with an older OS they might need to upgrade it for newer features to show up.

Hi Jenny my elders have all qualified by getting to 2,000 points be put we only have 4 We are not giving it to all it was just the first ones to 2,000

I have five people in my co-op. I trust them all so the first two that discussed starting a co-op with me are co-leaders, the other two are elders so no one gets stuck not being able to dump tasks. I had been the leader in a larger co-op and elders were dumping far too many tasks, so choose carefully.