Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Reservation Woes

Reservation Woes

Until recently, our co-op had very few issues about reserved tasks being taken. The past two weeks, however, we've been in the thick of it. I have repeatedly addressed the issue, but if new teammates don't scroll down, or read in general, we're left with the only option of kicking them off the team. Personally, I think this is rather unfair as there is no way to 'privately, single out, a player to let them know they are in danger of being kicked out, and why. There is a measure in place to prevent some from reserving tasks, but no way to prevent the reserved tasks from being taken. I've used the 'mass message' option to address everyone in the co-op, posted about it on our FB group page and have typed my fingers off in the tiny lil game chat window... please, for the love of green beans, HELP!

I do believe Members cannot reserve tasks. As you have tried avenues until you are sick of speaking, try demoting to Member. You decide how many to demote to get the message across.

Or allow everyone to reserve? Could that help? I only ask because we had a few problems in our coop and I wondered if this would stop if everyone had the ability to reserve and it has seemed to help . We also just addressed the person in the group chat and warned them ( we knew by them having the task after the reservation was gone).
    Last edited by Deadend; 08-30-2018 at 11:21 PM.
    Mary
    Co-op Peoples Choice #PE4MV6
    Town deadend
    Level 89

I believe the OP's problem is not with "making reservations" but someone "taking a task that's been reserved by another player".

Unfortunately there's does not appear to be a way to stop someone from taking another's task. Yes they get a warning, "this task is reserved by XXX, are you sure you want to start it?" but it's easily ignored.

What would make a lot of sense would be if the co-op settings do not allow you to reserve a task (for example, members cannot reserve) then it should also restrict them from taking a reserved task too.

As for "private warnings...". I would say warn them in the public chat. That would also act as an "object lesson" to others who may be tempted to take another's reserved task.

Of course, how your co-op chooses to do reservations is up to you / your leader. In some co-ops, like mine, a person can reserve a task but announce that if anyone else is closer to completing it, that it's ok to take it out from under them. Other co-ops treat reservations as hard and fast rules and view taking another's task as a breach of conduct worthy of ejection. Your co-op, your rules.

[QUOTE=cdosr;1263834]I believe the OP's problem is not with "making reservations" but someone "taking a task that's been reserved by another player".

Cdosr
    I understood the op stating the problem was taking reservations. I was wondering if the person taking them was not allowed to make them. My thought being that if some are not allowed to make reservations would they not honor the reservation of others ... Maybe everyone is allowed to make them , i am not sure that is why I was asking.
    Mary
    Town deadend
    Level 89

Quote Originally Posted by Marybelle Simac View Post

Cdosr
    I understood the op stating the problem was taking reservations. I was wondering if the person taking them was not allowed to make them. My thought being that if some are not allowed to make reservations would they not honor the reservation of others ... Maybe everyone is allowed to make them , i am not sure that is why I was asking.
    Ah, I see that now, thanks for clarifying and sorry for the misunderstanding.

Quote Originally Posted by cdosr View Post
    Ah, I see that now, thanks for clarifying and sorry for the misunderstanding.
    No sorry needed, I thought it might be unclear which your reply confirmed lol
    Mary
    Town deadend
    Level 89

As a Member, you cannot reserve a task, but, at the same time, you are not prevented from taking a task that is reserved... which is the problem. If Playrix was to change the color of a reserved task window might be a plus in drawing attention to these because, let's face it, that little "!" in the upper right hand corner, is too hard to see for some. I'd be dreaming if they would include a segment on reserved tasks in the regatta tutorial. Honestly, I'm so frustrated, I'd welcome them doing away with reservations completely.

I've also noticed too, being an Open Co-op, we get players that have been kicked out of other co-ops, and don't know the reason behind their dismissals. I imagine this is due to the inability of being able to have a direct conversation with them in the game chat... never mind the issue that they can't read the chat after they have been kicked out. Now, I say, "direct conversation", because unless you catch them both signed-on and reading the game chat, your chances are slim-to-none of actually talking to them in a more personal manner. So, I'm will be left with the only option available of kicking out a player and leaving them clueless as to why.
    Last edited by Giant Llama Fuzz; 08-31-2018 at 06:42 AM.

Unfortunately it seems some don't read, only look for requests. I recently called a member by name twice in one day. On the second day, "Jane Doe why?" I got a response.
    I was coleader questioning something that had been decided upon by team of 4 leaders before members joined, so rules were in place, all new members told rules upon joining, general email sent to all members with rules.
    I called enough is enough, now I play for pleasure only.

Just to point out...

As a member, you can reserve tasks if your co-op allows it...

FCD077FA-5A60-4C70-976E-EB53C889BAE6.jpg
    IMPORTANT: As a Township moderator, I only have power to maintain its forum.
    - Township Support.
    - Before posting a question, please make use of:
    Township Wiki,
    • the stickies on top of each sub-forum,
    • the search function to see previous posts.

”So fly away on a bright new morning,
    Spread your wings and soar to the skies,
    Let softest winds take you on your journey,
    And we will know that you are home.”