Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Mystery Tasks

Mystery Tasks

Has anyone been burned taking a mystery task? I'm terrified to take one not knowing what is in it. I wish they would stop that task.

Quote Originally Posted by Susie12 View Post
    Has anyone been burned taking a mystery task? I'm terrified to take one not knowing what is in it. I wish they would stop that task.
    Depends on what you mean by burned...if you mean that you got a task that you didn't want, then, yes, of course! I'm sure pretty much everyone that's tried their hands at mystery tasks more than once has been burned every so often....Ex: Having to grow 100+ Silk; Needing to collect grapes when you've just sent all your ships out to Tropica for Bananas; Picking one up before bed and getting stuck having to grow sugar with a 4 hour time limit, so either you stay up all night or fail. Right now, I'm making 7 lamps which is going to take me 17 hours since I didn't have any on the shelf.

Having said all that....Mystery tasks are my favorite, and whenever they come around, I often end up doing 16 Mystery tasks each week when possible. In general, I find I get more easy tasks than hard, so they are worth it for me, especially for the extra tokens.

Per Playrix, you will never get a task that is beyond your ability to complete. (For example: You will not have to Harvest Rice if you haven't reached the level to unlock that crop yet. OR Produce/Collect Down Quilts even though you don't have the Down Feather Factory yet).
    Last edited by kitty4715; 08-28-2018 at 11:36 PM.

You kind of have to be prepared for the worst but often they are just fine.

Today - 52 units of ore (ok), 132 coffee (ugh), 45 zoo hot products (ok), 60 picks in the mine (ok).

I'm good with mining tasks, one of my co-op mates didn't have many tools and the mystery task bit them. It's a roll of the dice but adds excitement.

When I'm about to pick a mystery task, I click "start" and then quickly close my eyes and cover the screen. Then the "slow reveal and peek" to see what I got, either elation or crestfallen. What excitement
    Last edited by cdosr; 08-28-2018 at 11:58 PM. Reason: corrected number of picks

Susie I used to feel the same way you do about mystery tasks and I would never take them. Then I jumped in and tried some. It is exciting as cdosr says to see if you get something fun like feeding animals or an HOL or something horrible like growing silk.
    Now I take them pretty regularly. I do make sure of my timing though...never take one before going to bed or if I have something that is scheduled that would prevent me from completing something before it times out.
    You can always use boosters to help with growing silk or rubber trees too.
    Town: Katucket
    Co-op: Flying Cloud #FYWW7J
    Playing on Kindle since August 2017

Hi Susie12, I love a mystery, though I only take them under a limited range of circumstances. Here are the situations where I'll go for it, because I've covered myself for the most costly worst case scenarios:
    * I'm not dying to go to bed
    * My ships are in Port or are expected there soon
    * I'm not in a massive rush generally
    * Most of my fields don't have long crops actively growing
    * I have enough mining tools or clovers to do those tasks
    * My pigs, bees and/or sheep have their products waiting

With those bases covered (and occasionally without, if I'm feeling frisky) I have at them with gusto, and they're something I look forward to. I do the same nervous peeking as cdosr though, every time, lol.

I had been playing for 6 months, deciding along the way to leave the zoo alone. I selected a mystery and found myself having to dump the task, or learn the basics of an area ignored. Now that I am no longer in need of building materials I am working on my zoo.

Quote Originally Posted by Snow's town View Post
    I had been playing for 6 months, deciding along the way to leave the zoo alone. I selected a mystery and found myself having to dump the task, or learn the basics of an area ignored. Now that I am no longer in need of building materials I am working on my zoo.
    Eek. Sorry to hear you got caught out that way - mystery tasks didn't exist until I was past the same danger-point, but I do feel for you. I think if I'd known sooner what I know now, I wouldn't have opened the zoo at all until about level 80.. as it is, I only developed it to a point where zoo tasks were manageable and I now plan to let it sit there until I really can't think of anything better to do.

Quote Originally Posted by Bessville View Post
    Eek. Sorry to hear you got caught out that way - mystery tasks didn't exist until I was past the same danger-point, but I do feel for you. I think if I'd known sooner what I know now, I wouldn't have opened the zoo at all until about level 80.. as it is, I only developed it to a point where zoo tasks were manageable and I now plan to let it sit there until I really can't think of anything better to do.
    I left the zoo at level 9, enough shop spaces to complete zoo tasks in a couple of hours. Now I play my easy hot items, ie milk to level up to use my building materials.

Quote Originally Posted by Snow's town View Post
    Similar with me, I'm level 82 now, my zoo is on level 6. Now that I have the bank and don't need building materials any more, I pop into the zoo every now and then to build or sell something. But I will never again take a mystery task until I haven't got more zoo-buildings to sell items in, as I got hot products tasks several times and couldn't finish some of them.
    I'm Allentown in co-op #PYK3C4
    Playing since dec. 2016, meanwhile on Android

I appreciate all the feedback. I'm not sure if I am going to try one or not. I'm on level 90 and don't fool with the zoo ever. I wish I had never opened it or could sell it. Maybe one day I will go back and work on it. Now to make up my mind about the mystery tasks!