Thread: Playrix view of New Orleans

Playrix view of New Orleans

Hi players I was finally able to get a pix of the background scene depicting New Orleans shown in Fishdom. Not new, still insulting. (It is the background that corresponds to the New Orleans aquarium.)

I'm asking you to remember this is how Playrix depicts one of the United States' most vibrant, colorful cities.

Play the games, sure. Please remember this depiction of the US if you are considering um, rewarding Playrix monetarily.

And maybe Playrix could read their forum rules and go back and do something abt this background or Master Akira or any other insults we hav complained abt.

Thanks.
    Attached Images Attached Images

I guess I don't really understand what's so offensive about this image?

All I can make out from your post is that it's not vibrant enough? :/

I guess the HK connection could potentially be a little insulting, but... I'd say it's a stretch...?

(Definitely British, so, apologies if I've missed something obvious here, although Mr N seems unsure of the problem also...)
    IMPORTANT: As a Township moderator, I only have power to maintain its forum.
    - Township Support.
    - Before posting a question, please make use of:
    Township Wiki,
    • the stickies on top of each sub-forum,
    • the search function to see previous posts.

”Met a man wearin' a t-shirt, says "Virginia is for lovers"
    Had a Bible in his left hand and a bottle in the other
    He said "all you're really given is the sunshine and your name"
    We both started laughin' when the sky started to rain”

Hi and sorry all I can think of for HK is Hong Kong? No I wasn't thinking of Hong Kong...?

In this depiction of New Orleans the "plants" are the color of asphalt which is the case in no other background.

The view shows almost a back ally somewhere with no life or any distinctive charm from New Orleans, like wrought iron railings in the French Quarter. It is just some ugly city street somewhere...

with a fire hydrant prominently featured -- in fact one of the most colorful things in the scene. One appears in no other background scene.

Fire hydrants that dogs p!ss on.

That's what I object to.

Quote Originally Posted by dandelion View Post
    Hi and sorry all I can think of for HK is Hong Kong? No I wasn't thinking of Hong Kong...?

In this depiction of New Orleans the "plants" are the color of asphalt which is the case in no other background.

The view shows almost a back ally somewhere with no life or any distinctive charm from New Orleans, like wrought iron railings in the French Quarter. It is just some ugly city street somewhere...

with a fire hydrant prominently featured -- in fact one of the most colorful things in the scene. One appears in no other background scene.

Fire hydrants that dogs p!ss on.

That's what I object to.
    Nevada was referring to the Hurricane Katrina (HK) when trying to figure out what could potentially be "wrong" in this picture.

I personally don't see anything wrong with the picture, liking it or not is a matter of opinion for each individual. I definitely don't find fire hydrants insulting in any way.
    IMPORTANT: As a Township, Gardenscapes and Homescapes moderator, I only have power to maintain the forums.
    Township Support | Gardenscapes Support | Homescapes Support
    FORUM RULES

Hi just because fire hydrants aren't insulting to you dreadnought -- doesn't mean this background is acceptable to all players. In cities fire hydrants are associated with dogs, and you can often find caricatures of a fire hydrant with a dog next to it with its leg lifted.

Plus dreadnought when they first brought this background out it was in a facebook post to vote between this and another background (Paris?). I don't remember seeing the results of the vote or why we were voting. They are still using both of those backgrounds. And at that time many comments on the post were negative abt this scene.

Why keep using it? I mean I can't think of a reason to keep using this ugly city view in the game.

Agreed. While not particularly insulted (I'm a native Coloradan but live in Alexandria La. now) I'd never guess this was NOLA. Totally depressing and ugly.