Page 18 of 21 FirstFirst ... 81617181920 ... LastLast

Thread: August 2018 update

I’ve learned so much here lol!!

In the German version they changed the abbreviation for "hour" in all counter times (plane, train, market place, and so on). Before the update it showed for example on the market: " New goods available in
    3H 20M"
    Now it says 3S 20M
    Screenshot_20180831-131003__01.jpg
    This should certainly be according to the german word Stunden (S) = hours (H)
    But it looks really confusing to me
    I always think it's Seconds now instead of Hours

Quote Originally Posted by SumSum View Post
    In the German version they changed the abbreviation for "hour" in all counter times (plane, train, market place). Before the update it showed for example on the market: " New goods available in
    3H 20M"
    Now it says 3S 20M ...
    #bilingualproblems. Let that be a lesson to all you clever and well-educated folks, lol

In the German version they changed the abbreviation for "hour" in all counter times (plane, train, market place, and so on). Before the update it showed for example on the market: " New goods available in
    3H 20M"
    Now it says 3S 20M ...
    This should certainly be according to the german word Stunden (S) = hours (H)
    But it looks really confusing to me
    I've seen complaints about this in Google Play store comments; it's not you alone. Looks like they had someone at it who has no idea of the German language, as S is NOT a correct abbreviation for Stunde.
    gawd... it would be really easier they took on a few more suggestions from the forum, instead of verschlimmbessern something in every update with these changes.
    Maybe you could report it?

Quote Originally Posted by _DD_ View Post
    I've seen complaints about this in Google Play store comments; it's not you alone. Looks like they had someone at it who has no idea of the German language, as S is NOT a correct abbreviation for Stunde.
    gawd... it would be really easier they took on a few more suggestions from the forum, instead of verschlimmbessern something in every update with these changes.
    Maybe you could report it?
    *G* I will report the Verschlimmbesserung immediately

ETA: report is send. Maybe they could take it as a suggestion for the next update
    Last edited by SumSum; 08-31-2018 at 07:40 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by One-Eye 57 View Post
    Don't know if this is an answer / explanation for the "zoomy thing," but my observation is that the screen now starts over the last spot I was looking at when I shut down the game the time before. It is like an auto-recall other games have, so if you stop in the middle of doing something, you go straight back to where you left off. Just an observation of how my game seems to work; worth 2 bits or nothing!
    But, when I go to help other towns, it takes me straight to train station or airport of the neighbor, (wherever they need help), then when I return to my town, I go back to my town sign as before.
    I don't see that behaviour in my game. No matter what I'm looking at when I exit the game, it now always starts in the farm fields. Mildly annoying...

I've been playing for over 2 years and didn't get the fountain or the avatars either does anyone know if that's a bug they'll fix soon

*G* I will report the Verschlimmbesserung immediately

ETA: report is send. Maybe they could take it as a suggestion for the next update
    bravo as I just said elsewhere also, I admire your patience!

btw, if it helps to convince them: the abbreviation h also in German comes from the Latin word hora - thus is NOT an erroneous use of h for the English word "hours". (in case that was the reason to change it)
    see Duden and Wikipedia

https://www.duden.de/rechtschreibung/Stunde
    https://de.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Stunde

and good luck

Quote Originally Posted by Home town View Post
    I've been playing for over 2 years and didn't get the fountain or the avatars either does anyone know if that's a bug they'll fix soon
    Per Anna Petrova’s comments a few pages back in this same thread, she says the problem is resolved.

Close Township and restart your device. When you open Township the gift should be on the left of your screen. If it isn’t, you will have to report this via customer service.

Good luck.

Quote Originally Posted by Magnolia Township View Post
    Has anyone with less than a year played received a fountain without the animals? I’m still not really sure if i have an issue...
    Hopefully a moderator can help you, I have been a member for 3 years and have 2 animals , cow, sheep, and a duck with 3 babies behind here swimming around in the water. I have a friend that used the avatar for 1 year and looked on her town, she only has 1 animal and no baby ducks. So maybe with less then a year you get the fountain and , I'm guessing at this next year at this time you will get 1 animal. I'm saying guessing because I think it would be to much to give everyone the upgraded fountain when it might actually be your 1 year anniversary, like if you started in January I think it would me to much to update you in January, just easier to update everyone on Township's birthday.

I've tried looking at some of my other friends but no one else had it yet that I could see, but did only look at a few.