Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: What are you playing on? Looking for advice

Quote Originally Posted by Bessville View Post
    You can throw it at the wall in a giant rage-quit to no obvious ill-effect as well. As I recently witnessed. Lol
    Lol! Don’t think I’ll test that out myself
    Towns: Tilga/Canowindra
    Coop: #CD42Q6
    Platform: iOS/Android
    FB: https://www.facebook.com/tilga.township.9

I have a kindle fire HD 8 (6th generation) and I use it for everything. I have had it for 16 months with no issues. Have you spoken with Amazon? Even though your kindle is no longer under warranty, they may give you a coupon for some money off a new one. Amazon has great deals on kindles usually starting in late November. Personally, I can justify spending $100-$150 every 2 years for a new kindle but I can't seem to want to make the hefty switch to Apple, lol.

My laptop is somewhere gathering dust, lol. And as others have said there are some nice tablets out there that are affordable.

Good luck and keep us posted as to what/which brand you decide to buy!
    Game Name: This Is It
    Town Name: Hank
    Town Level: 184
    Platform: Kindle Fire

Thanks everyone for your comments!

Quote Originally Posted by dreadnought View Post
    You can also look into Samsung Galaxy Tab A, it's a 7″ inch tablet, comes with Android 5.0, not overly expensive, and you can definitely play Township on it
    That one looks good, I think it's gonna be the one.

Quote Originally Posted by Bessville View Post
    You can throw it at the wall in a giant rage-quit to no obvious ill-effect as well. As I recently witnessed. Lol
    Although this is an argument I very often feel like throwing the tablet against the wall when I see that all the other teams on the regatta finish their 16x135 tasks after two days (well, almost). We dropped from gold-league to steel-league although we mostly do 16 x 135 tasks, but not fast enough. I know we are not alone with this problem, I saw the other discussions about this theme.

Quote Originally Posted by scorekeeper View Post
    I have a kindle fire HD 8 (6th generation) and I use it for everything. I have had it for 16 months with no issues. Have you spoken with Amazon? Even though your kindle is no longer under warranty, they may give you a coupon for some money off a new one. Amazon has great deals on kindles usually starting in late November. Personally, I can justify spending $100-$150 every 2 years for a new kindle but I can't seem to want to make the hefty switch to Apple, lol.
    I might try that, although the Samsung Tab A appeals a bit more to me. What really bugs me on kindle is that at least every 2nd day my kindle tells me that amazon appstore is required and sends me off to install it. How should I have installed Township on kindle if I had no appstore?? Don't you get that message? It takes just a few minutes every time it happens, but it still bugs me. And, of course, always being one of the last to receive the updates ...

So I will try not to wait with my decision until my kindle is totally broken down and I will no longer be able to finish the regatta

I added my town in my signature, so if someone wants to visit me, go ahead, I'll be glad to see you
    I'm Allentown in co-op #PYK3C4
    Playing since dec. 2016, meanwhile on Android

Quote Originally Posted by Calzone View Post
    ....I might try that, although the Samsung Tab A appeals a bit more to me. What really bugs me on kindle is that at least every 2nd day my kindle tells me that amazon appstore is required and sends me off to install it. How should I have installed Township on kindle if I had no appstore?? Don't you get that message? It takes just a few minutes every time it happens, but it still bugs me. And, of course, always being one of the last to receive the updates ...

So I will try not to wait with my decision until my kindle is totally broken down and I will no longer be able to finish the regatta

I added my town in my signature, so if someone wants to visit me, go ahead, I'll be glad to see you
    I'm on kindle fire hd 10 inch tablet and no I don't get that message about installing. Although I get impatient for the updates , I know the reason for the delay is because Amazon do their own checks on updates before releasing them so that's ok with me.
    Totally get why you are ready to try something different, personally I love my kindle but look forward to hearing what you get and how you get on with it

ETA I have thought of getting a second tablet and would love to try an ipad, the thing that scares me about them is I have heard they go out of date very quickly to the point of being obsolete, would be interested to hear some info regarding this.
    Last edited by Downton; 08-23-2018 at 03:39 PM.

Although this is an argument I might try that, although the Samsung Tab A appeals a bit more to me. What really bugs me on kindle is that at least every 2nd day my kindle tells me that amazon appstore is required and sends me off to install it. How should I have installed Township on kindle if I had no appstore?? Don't you get that message? It takes just a few minutes every time it happens, but it still bugs me. And, of course, always being one of the last to receive the updates ...

I have a kindle fire HD 7 (4th Generation), going on four years, and understand your frustration with the amazon App Store is required. Per Playrix it does not have enough RAM is the issue. Of course every time I have something go wrong I am told do not have enough RAM. So to add to your list for new tablet look at the RAM and get as much as you can. With all the new decorations being animated it is going to keep using more and more.

As previously said, call Amazon and let them let you know what they think, might be something minor. Or look at kindle 10, has more RAM and can maybe get a good deal for a Christmas gift to yourself. Good luck!!
    Happy
    Town Level 153

e.

Although this is an argument I very often feel like throwing the tablet against the wall when I see that all the other teams on the regatta finish their 16x135 tasks after two days (well, almost). We dropped from gold-league to steel-league although we mostly do 16 x 135 tasks, but not fast enough. I know we are not alone with this problem, I saw the other discussions about this theme.

I might try that, although the Samsung Tab A appeals a bit more to me. What really bugs me on kindle is that at least every 2nd day my kindle tells me that amazon appstore is required and sends me off to install it. How should I have installed Township on kindle if I had no appstore?? Don't you get that message? It takes just a few minutes every time it happens, but it still bugs me. And, of course, always being one of the last to receive the updates ...

I had that issue with my Kindle, which is why I uninstalled Township from my Kindle. AND it wasnt updating either because I "didnt have my appstore". I dont know how to uninstall the Kindle's appstore, and I have all apps set to auto update and was never notified it needed updated so I dont understand the glitch.
    Johnalex Zarco
    Coop: United Federation
    Coop Position: Leader/Coleader
    Coop Tag: #UN28CX
    Town Name(s): Daimler-Kingston Industries.
    Playing Township Mobile since May 2016
    "Every way of a man is right in his own eyes, But the Lord weighs the hearts." ~Proverbs 21:2 NKJV

BTW, I visited and liked your town
    Johnalex Zarco
    Coop: United Federation
    Coop Position: Leader/Coleader
    Coop Tag: #UN28CX
    Town Name(s): Daimler-Kingston Industries.
    Playing Township Mobile since May 2016
    "Every way of a man is right in his own eyes, But the Lord weighs the hearts." ~Proverbs 21:2 NKJV

Quote Originally Posted by CPRK4 View Post
    So to add to your list for new tablet look at the RAM and get as much as you can. With all the new decorations being animated it is going to keep using more and more.
    That's right, but you hardly get a 7" tablet with more than 1GB RAM. I found a Lenovo with 2GB, which weighs only 250 grams. I'm currently comparing prices.

Quote Originally Posted by Johnalex Zarco View Post
    BTW, I visited and liked your town
    Thank you!

Quote Originally Posted by scorekeeper View Post
    Good luck and keep us posted as to what/which brand you decide to buy!
    So here is what happened: I bought a Lenovo Tab two weeks ago, 7", Android 7. It was lightweight, the colors were very nice. But it wasn't very tactile, compared to my kindle I always had to push very hard on it to get something done. And what was even worse: several times a day it didn't start Township (and other apps) at all. I saw the start screen, waited for minutes, but nothing happened and I had to restart the tab. After three days I was fed up with all that and sent it back. I think it must have been a faulty device, can't image all Lenovos are like that.
    But - very strange - since I've sent back the new tab, my kindle fire makes no more problems, the colors are back to normal. The message "appstore is not installed" still appears every now and then, but as long as everything remains as it is I will not buy a new tablet.

But - very strange - since I've sent back the new tab, my kindle fire makes no more problems, the colors are back to normal. The message "appstore is not installed" still appears every now and then, but as long as everything remains as it is I will not buy a new tablet.
    Your kindle has learned its lesson and reconsidered its behaviour, lol! Now, I wonder if I borrowed a well-behaved child from somewhere and told the spawn this was their replacement....