Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: What are you playing on? Looking for advice

Question What are you playing on? Looking for advice

Hi everyone, I have been playing Township on a Kindle Fire 7" for 1 3/4 years now (will very soon reach level 82 - the last community building, yay!). Unfortunately my Fire no longer works properly, the colors are getting very bright and the contrast becomes poor. If it was a PC I'd say the graphic board is breaking down. So I guess I have to buy a new tablet soon. Am I right: it doesn't matter if it is an android/amazon/iOS, I will get my old town back on either of them via connecting to Facebook?
    I have already searched for tablets, but the choice is huge. What I want is a small one, 7", and a leightweight, not more than 300 grams. I have been satisfied with my Fire, it is not expensive, but breaking down after less than two years is not really an argument for buying one again.
    So is anyone of you playing on a small, lightweight tablet you can recommend?

it doesn't matter if it is an android/amazon/iOS, I will get my old town back on either of them via connecting to Facebook?
    That is correct. If you're connected to facebook, you can sync your progress between compatible devices.

As for a tablet, there are many things to consider when buying a new one, and that includes your intended usage of it, since i don't assume you will get one just to play Township on it My OS of choice is Android, and as you said, there's a whole lot out there for you to choose from.
    IMPORTANT: As a Township, Gardenscapes and Homescapes moderator, I only have power to maintain the forums.
    Township Support | Gardenscapes Support | Homescapes Support
    FORUM RULES

Quote Originally Posted by dreadnought View Post
    since i don't assume you will get one just to play Township on it
    Well - I don't do MANY other things with it, its main purpose is to play Township on it. But I play quite a lot. For all the rest I use my computer. That's why there is not much more to consider for the new one than 7", lightweight, and not broken after two years.

Hi Calzone

With the phones having bigger and bigger screen, there is less and less need for 7" tablets, so they are rather scarce. The new popular small size is more 8" then 7".

If you go for an Android tablet, make sure it has at least Android 5 installed. Do not get one with any version of Android 4 as thet are at the end of their life span.

I do not have a specific tablet to suggest as I use a Samsumg S2 which is a 9,7". I do have an Acer 8" but it is heavier then my Samsung so I rarely use it.
    Graylady, Forum member since may 2014 --- Playing on Android, not on Facebook
    Township level 211, Zoo 200 animals, --- coop #HHPY84

Please read this important post by Playrix about Township : Wishes/requests already rejected by Playrix

Quote Originally Posted by Graylady View Post
    With the phones having bigger and bigger screen, there is less and less need for 7" tablets, so they are rather scarce. The new popular small size is more 8" then 7".
    Ah yes, you're right. So perhaps I'd rather buy a new smartphone
    I just found that an IPad mini is exactly what I want, but they are way to expensive. I'll keep on searching.

You can also look into Samsung Galaxy Tab A, it's a 7″ inch tablet, comes with Android 5.0, not overly expensive, and you can definitely play Township on it
    IMPORTANT: As a Township, Gardenscapes and Homescapes moderator, I only have power to maintain the forums.
    Township Support | Gardenscapes Support | Homescapes Support
    FORUM RULES

Quote Originally Posted by Calzone View Post
    Ah yes, you're right. So perhaps I'd rather buy a new smartphone
    I just found that an IPad mini is exactly what I want, but they are way to expensive. I'll keep on searching.
    I was going to recommend the iPad mini - my kids have them, courtesy of Grandma, and they're utterly bombproof. Plenty of RAM too, which has been a kindle issue of late. A reconditioned one might work for you..? I use a full sized one, for the game and everything else, and do feel extra pleased about it when I get my township update first

I play on my iPhone 7, which is iOS. I transferred my town from my Motorola Moto E, which is a 3-year old Android-powered smartphone. The only issue I have with my iPhone is that profile pictures never update, but that is a minor inconvenience that I tolerate
    Johnalex Zarco
    Coop: United Federation
    Coop Position: Leader/Coleader
    Coop Tag: #UN28CX
    Town Name(s): Daimler-Kingston Industries.
    Playing Township Mobile since May 2016
    "Every way of a man is right in his own eyes, But the Lord weighs the hearts." ~Proverbs 21:2 NKJV

I have a town on a LenovoPad TB3-710F running Android 5.0.1. It was cheap so I got it just for Township. I’ve only had it a year so don’t know how long it’ll last.

I also play on an iPad mini. It was a very nice gift & is excellent to play on.
    Towns: Tilga/Canowindra
    Coop: #CD42Q6
    Platform: iOS/Android
    FB: https://www.facebook.com/tilga.township.9

Quote Originally Posted by Catsalive View Post
    ... I also play on an iPad mini. It was a very nice gift & is excellent to play on.
    You can throw it at the wall in a giant rage-quit to no obvious ill-effect as well. As I recently witnessed. Lol