Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Please give us a fair start time!

Please give us a fair start time!

Just lost a 10 hour race to an excellent Russian team that finished with 64,800 points. Our hats are off to you!

But while not taking away from what they accomplished, I would like to ask Playrix to consider the advantage the Russian teams in general have over the American teams. This race started at 3 am for me and at a similar time for most our team, while the Russians started at what, noon? I would propose that this gives them an unfair advantage as most of our team wasn’t even up before they were half done with the race!

I understand that it is impossible to find a fair starting time for every team in the every race, but could you at least stagger the start times over the course of the season so that everyone in the world gets to race at least once in prime time? How about a 3 am start one week, then a 9 am, 3 pm and 9 pm? If this race had started at 3 pm for us in stead of 3 am, and at midnight for our Russian competition instead of at noon, I am sure the results would have been much different. Would such a start time have been fair for the Russian team? Not if it was that way every week. Nor is it fair that we have to start at 3am every week either!

Why not go with start to finish times for each team....as is the discussion in the other thread...

Definitely an unfair advantage to teams that are sound asleep when race starts. Didn't mean to single any one country...
    Last edited by scorekeeper; 08-22-2018 at 01:38 AM. Reason: Duh moment :)
    Game Name: This Is It
    Town Name: Hank
    Town Level: 178
    Platform: Kindle Fire
    I'm Loving Memory of My Dear Friend and a founding Member of The Bonkers and Sucker's Spending Club: Love You, Kim

Quote Originally Posted by scorekeeper View Post
    Why not go with start to finish times for each team....as is the discussion in the other thread...

Definitely an unfair advantage to non-russian teams.
    It's more like an unfair advantage to Asian teams as compared to American teams. In our group a Chinese team has already got the perfect score. While it's not so unfair for the European teams.
    Town Name: Falcon......
    Level: 79
    Zoo: Hate It
    Playing on Android/iOS
    Friend Code: WMUVMM
    Always Full but will be "Happy to Help"!
    Co-op: Cat Show Boating
    #CH6E5M

For me here in New Zealand start time is 8pm. This gives me 4 hours before I go to bed. While I sleep the race is won by another team. Regatta has become a lost cause.

Or, your race starts when anyone in your co-op takes their first task, as we always seem to have believed it was. That way, every co-op picks their own start time.

We say Russia has the unfair advantage, because they start at 11am, but, do these people not work?

There is no start time that suits everyone. Trying to arrange that in a co-op of 30 would be complex enough, never mind for hundreds of thousands.

I get that it super-sucks for the US teams starting their races at 1,2,3,4am, I really do. I woke up this morning to find my co-op in 13th place. In silver.
    I'm just not sure the general "anti-Russian vibe" around the forum* at the moment is fair, or even correct.

I'd like to point out again, that according to the information we mods have received, nothing about the way regattas are scored has changed. Now I'm as baffled as anyone as to why this has all suddenly come to light in such a big way, and I'm afraid all I can say to that is that we are still trying to get to the bottom of what's happening, and that we continue to hope for clarity and fight for fairness.

I do truly hope there is a resolution in the works.

*I don't mean this to any one post or poster in particular, it's just a general comment.
    IMPORTANT: As a Township moderator, I only have power to maintain its forum.
    - Township Support.
    - Before posting a question, please make use of:
    Township Wiki,
    • the stickies on top of each sub-forum,
    • the search function to see previous posts.

”I can hear you; but I won't.
    Some look for trouble while others don't.
    There's a thousand reasons I should go about my day,
    And ignore your whispers which I wish would go away, oh”

I thought we are competing against teams who start regatta in same time as we do, if we start in 02.00 pm in wensdey, our competitors start in same time depending on their time zone. We never start when new regatta started, that time is reserved for all big money spenders, they finished their tasks in few hours every time

Nevada, I sincerely apologize if I gave an anti-Russian vibe! That was not my intention. The team we raced against did great and I have a lot of respect for them. I should have not said “Russian”. I should have said those in the Asian time zone instead.

Scorekkeeper. I agree that a fastest finisher instead of a first to finish would be by far the fairest. But based on previous messages from Playrix I assumed that that was not an option. I suggested the staggered start times, or start times that change from race to race giving everyone the same advantage/disadvantage over the course of the season, as a next best solution.

Dan, I promise that was not directed at you. I fully appreciate the respect you always show others within your posts on the forum.

To be fair, a lot of my waffle is still me trying to wrap my head around it all myself. It seems somethings changed in the last couple months, yet I believe Playrix when they say nothing's changed, so... I don't know.
    IMPORTANT: As a Township moderator, I only have power to maintain its forum.
    - Township Support.
    - Before posting a question, please make use of:
    Township Wiki,
    • the stickies on top of each sub-forum,
    • the search function to see previous posts.

”I can hear you; but I won't.
    Some look for trouble while others don't.
    There's a thousand reasons I should go about my day,
    And ignore your whispers which I wish would go away, oh”

Quote Originally Posted by Mimy View Post
    I thought we are competing against teams who start regatta in same time as we do, if we start in 02.00 pm in wensdey, our competitors start in same time depending on their time zone. We never start when new regatta started, that time is reserved for all big money spenders, they finished their tasks in few hours every time
    Unfortunately this is no longer the case. The last race we delayed our start we were dropped into a race where one team already had nearly 20,000 points! I agree, however, that were this still the case it would make things a whole lot fairer.
    Last edited by Dan Donaldson; 08-21-2018 at 08:45 PM.