Thread: City Market needs to show how much of something you already own

City Market needs to show how much of something you already own

I buy a lot from the marketplace, the problem is I tend to over buy things because while in the market looking at something to purchase, I have no idea how much of that something I already have. So to check I would have to close the market, open the barn and then search my entire inventory to see if I have said something and how many. This is insane, especially if having to check multiple items. When I go to make something, it tells me how many I own when I hold down over the item, so I don't over make things, so why is this not something also for the market.

Solution: While in market, hold down on the item and have it display how many you own as a small popup.

Alternate solution: When you press to purchase something in the market have a confirmation popup that shows how many you already own and a button to buy them with an X to close the window back to market. As this feature might be annoying for some people, also include in the settings an option to Confirm city market purchase. So people that don't want to deal with it can turn it off. This can also prevent the issue of accidentally purchasing something when scrolling (am guilty of it).

Thanx for your time and I hope you consider this as a future thing to add.

Quote Originally Posted by harushu View Post
    I buy a lot from the marketplace, the problem is I tend to over buy things because while in the market looking at something to purchase, I have no idea how much of that something I already have. So to check I would have to close the market, open the barn and then search my entire inventory to see if I have said something and how many. This is insane, especially if having to check multiple items. When I go to make something, it tells me how many I own when I hold down over the item, so I don't over make things, so why is this not something also for the market.

Solution: While in market, hold down on the item and have it display how many you own as a small popup.

Alternate solution: When you press to purchase something in the market have a confirmation popup that shows how many you already own and a button to buy them with an X to close the window back to market. As this feature might be annoying for some people, also include in the settings an option to Confirm city market purchase. So people that don't want to deal with it can turn it off. This can also prevent the issue of accidentally purchasing something when scrolling (am guilty of it).

Thanx for your time and I hope you consider this as a future thing to add.
    Hi ,
    town market display # items in barn is suggested many times so it made to the Frequently Suggested . Maybe in the future it will be implemented . U can see other suggested ideas here
    https://forum.playrix.com/showthread...s-Convenience)
    Last edited by ujjwal; 08-21-2018 at 12:02 PM.

Ha, you beat me to it by about 10 seconds, Ujjwal

yes I have read the other ideas for this topic, found it after I posted, but I figure it is ok to post this and bring the attention back to this idea simply because it hasn't been implemented yet lol. That and my ideas for solving the issue are different from the ones suggested. The over haul idea is a nice one, but might be more then what they can do right now or even want to do, so I thought I would throw my 2 cents worth into the pot.

Quote Originally Posted by Bessville View Post
    Ha, you beat me to it by about 10 seconds, Ujjwal
    It was my luck Bess
    :-P

yes I have read the other ideas for this topic, found it after I posted, but I figure it is ok to post this and bring the attention back to this idea simply because it hasn't been implemented yet lol. That and my ideas for solving the issue are different from the ones suggested. The over haul idea is a nice one, but might be more then what they can do right now or even want to do, so I thought I would throw my 2 cents worth into the pot.
    Yes, we have no idea what they can or cannot add... And you are right, some things are different in your suggestion.
    Maybe one of our Mods <waving> can add a link to this "thread" also in the Frequently Suggested Ideas-thread at the relevant position?

and, harushu, I wanted to give you a hint re. this description

So to check I would have to close the market, open the barn and then search my entire inventory to see if I have said something and how many.
    I find it much easier and faster to check in the related factory. I'm far enough to know what is where, both item- and factory-wise, and yes, I make the whole market-check a little task, but it's still easier and faster then

Well, and sometimes I don't check (f.e. when not enough time), and buy what I just noticed as down in numbers, and sometimes I buy almost all -- usually after a barn upgrade <g>.

That also makes one think whether the "yet" in your remark "because it hasn't been implemented yet" might be a bit too hopeful. As with other things in this game, I am convinced, some things exist to be NOT easy for us.

Quote Originally Posted by _DD_ View Post
    Yes, we have no idea what they can or cannot add... And you are right, some things are different in your suggestion.
    Maybe one of our Mods <waving> can add a link to this "thread" also in the Frequently Suggested Ideas-thread at the relevant position?

and, harushu, I wanted to give you a hint re. this description

I find it much easier and faster to check in the related factory. I'm far enough to know what is where, both item- and factory-wise, and yes, I make the whole market-check a little task, but it's still easier and faster then

Well, and sometimes I don't check (f.e. when not enough time), and buy what I just noticed as down in numbers, and sometimes I buy almost all -- usually after a barn upgrade <g>.

That also makes one think whether the "yet" in your remark "because it hasn't been implemented yet" might be a bit too hopeful. As with other things in this game, I am convinced, some things exist to be NOT easy for us.
    This is a good way to check the market, didn't think of that thanx. Will use it until they implement something better, and yes I am hopeful lol, someone told me once that being positive about things can bring about positive results, so i am giving it a try lol

also I would like to add that if they never plan on implementing such a thing they should move it to the don't bother list

I find Rajah very usefull. He is right there in the market and he tells us what is low in stock. It makes it easy to check the market boxes right away.
    Graylady, Forum member since may 2014 --- Playing on Android, not on Facebook
    Township level 206, Zoo 194 animals, --- coop #HHPY84

Please read this important post by Playrix about Township : Wishes/requests already rejected by Playrix

This is a good way to check the market, didn't think of that thanx. Will use it until they implement something better, and yes I am hopeful lol, someone told me once that being positive about things can bring about positive results, so i am giving it a try lol
    yes I meant to say "until they fulfill your wish"
    and I said "too" hopeful, but as explanation for something else, as one can see above. A positive attitude is certainly a good thing

also I would like to add that if they never plan on implementing such a thing they should move it to the don't bother list
    sure, add it, lol. Another suggestion...
    Well, not to be unfair, they did implement more since the Frequently-Suggested-Ideas-list was created than they added to the Won't happen-list.
    The usual answer therefore is "so there's hope".