Thread: Goodbye, GLB 64800

Goodbye, GLB 64800

Until a few hours ago, I was the leader of a GLB co-op. Our highest ranking was the global top 16th. We were not alone, but part of a series of (20s) connected co-ops. Our series accounted for around 7 of the top 50s in the last season. But I have been feeling tired during the last few seasons and in a sudden, with some pain, I decided to betray my friends and transfer my "leadership" to another co-leader, half an hour after our co-op got another 64800 this time.

A friend told me, he has a small town in another small 30 people co-op, with 30,000s scores, it can secure the top position of the 15 co-ops group each week. But my co-op which finishes 64,800 (30 people, 16 of 135 tasks for each of us) by Friday, gets a lower position. Even worse, I know that another co-op cannot even get group top five with their 64800 score.

This game treats the serious players so badly. We devote so much time into this game, we purchase the highest bracket of 4000 t-cash each (week? month?) time. But we feel like s**t and all we got are no more than wound and pain.

For this exact reason, I say, enough. Goodbye, township.
    Last edited by Yeung Li; 08-10-2018 at 07:33 PM.

Just read the post "Golden League Comments and Tips" https://forum.playrix.com/showthread...ments-and-Tips

Maybe I didn't play this game right, as well as the other 600s players, who aimed at the global top 20. Anger is miss-targeted. For myself, I should find something else.

Quote Originally Posted by Yeung Li View Post
    Until a few hours ago, I was the leader of a GLB co-op. Our highest ranking was the global top 16th. We were not alone, but part of a series of (20s) connected co-ops. Our series accounted for around 7 of the top 50s in the last season. But I have been feeling tired during the last few seasons and in a sudden, with some pain, I decided to betray my friends and transfer my "leadership" to another co-leader, half an hour after our co-op got another 64800 this time.

A friend told me, he has a small town in another small 30 people co-op, with 30,000s scores, it can secure the top position of the 15 co-ops group each week. But my co-op which finishes 64,800 (30 people, 16 of 135 tasks for each of us) by Friday, gets a lower position. Even worse, I know that another co-op cannot even get group top five with their 64800 score.

This game treats the serious players so badly. We devote so much time into this game, we purchase the highest bracket of 4000 t-cash each (week? month?) time. But we feel like s**t and all we got are no more than wound and pain.

For this exact reason, I say, enough. Goodbye, township.
    Hello Yeung Li,

I am sorry you have decided to leave township, at least temporarily. I can understand what you are experiencing, including the burnout from all the effort (and money) that you have spent on the game.

After all, township it is just a game and even the most dedicated players need a break. After sometime hopefully you will come back reinvigorated and enjoy TS like we all do.

There is a reason why I wouldn't want to join a Co-op that races perfectly and it is to avoid situations like the one you described above.

In playrix's defense, most games with a leadership/highscores list players do not receive anything additional for their hard work. Any player wanting to reach the top has to understand that they are doing it for the glory and honor that comes from being on the board.

While some teams might easily reach top 3 or simply race in their golden 15 team regatta race, they will never reach the GLB and I think that's the "compromise" they are making with TS.

I think TS also proves that you have to be flexible, at least in racing style. Too competitive and you will eventually be fatigued and if you are too relaxed, your rewards won't be as good.
    Last edited by Jdelacr; 08-11-2018 at 06:14 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Jdelacr View Post
    Hello Yeung Li,

I am sorry you have decided to leave township, at least temporarily. I can understand what you are experiencing, including the burnout from all the effort (and money) that you have spent on the game.

After all, township it is just a game and even the most dedicated players need a break. After sometime hopefully you will come back reinvigorated and enjoy TS like we all do.

There is a reason why I wouldn't want to join a Co-op that races perfectly and it is to avoid situations like the one you described above.

In playrix's defense, most games with a leadership/highscores list players do not receive anything additional for their hard work. Any player wanting to reach the top has to understand that they are doing it for the glory and honor that comes from being on the board.

While some teams might easily reach top 3 or simply race in their golden 15 team regatta race, they will never reach the GLB and I think that's the "compromise" they are making with TS.

I think TS also proves that you have to be flexible, at least in racing style. Too competitive and you will eventually be fatigued and if you are too relaxed, your rewards won't be as good.

IMG_0863.jpg

It's just too much competition....

9 teams in my draw this week have done perfect scores so far, with another 3 looking likely to do so too. That'll mean 12/15 teams did 16x135.

That's not great, is it?

Hey Yeung Li - I totally understand your frustration. The way races are matched these days negatively affects any team doing 16x135, not just those with GLB aspirations. My team has no interest in the Global leaderboard (even if we did, we would never have any chance of ever placing in the Top 200 based on our size and dumping penalty). We usually rank between 4,000-6,000th. We race perfect or near perfect every week, but I doubt we'll place in the Top 3 of a race ever again. We would need to finish within the first 24-48 hours to have a chance at Top 3 and that is never going to happen for us. We finished the earliest we ever have this week and still barely scraped by in 10th place.

It's all a bit disheartening to think about when I know there are other Gold League teams our size that take all 6 days and don't earn a perfect score yet frequently place in Top 3 (or, at least have a real chance at it). I'd be THRILLED if just ONE of the four seasonal weekly races we had a viable shot at Top 3. But as you say, it's a fight not worth fighting...

Race Pic 01.jpg
    Race Pic 02.jpg

Note: Obviously these pics were taken with over 1 day left in the race. By the time it is over, I expect #1-12 will all have perfect scores (current teams #12 and #14 are both on track for perfect 19,440). I predict the team with final score 19,431 will be 13th and be demoted (I can only assume someone on that team accidentally started a 126 point task. Their description says they do 16x135, they have over 50 trophies, 36 of which are gold, and their best score on the GLB is rank #62. They will get demoted this week based on a small error). EDIT: Actually it's possible 13th place will have earned 19438/19440 if current team number #13 completes all remaining tasks at 135 points. They are only 2 points off perfect at the moment, but seeing as they pretty much don't have any chance at avoiding demotion right now, they may decide to save their Tcash on the extra task and just give up.
    Last edited by kitty4715; 08-11-2018 at 11:05 PM.

I have a family of Co-op's and one of them has raced against all perfect teams almost every week since Feb. It's so sad to see teams doing perfect scores betting demoted every week. We really need a platinum League for the serious racers.

One of other teams who was doing 15/132+ has been struggling to stay in Golden so last season decided to make the 16th task required. This week, one of our players took a 131 and now we will demoted. It's so sad since our other two co-op's don't come close to perfect but because of their history, will stay in Golden with much lower scores.

I love that all 4 of my co-op's have been in Golden regularly for over a year. It's great that everyone can earn all of the decorations at the Yacht club. But it's sad that my 2 strongest teams are the one facing demotion while my two weak teams, seem to have it easy. It just seems it's time to add a new league to determine top teams, while letting the rest of the teams stay in Golden to earn all the chests/decorations.