Thread: Township Times Platinum Schmatinum Edition

Township Times - Platinum Schmatinum Edition

There seem to be two parties that would like a Platinum League; those who want to be in an elite league and those who say “Knock yourself out and good riddance”.

There was a recent post that gave some idea of the toll taken from competing for GLB position on a continuous basis. One could sense the weariness, disillusionment, and burnout of the poster. My take is it would be fun for a season, then it would get old (like everything on this earth). If indeed, there was this super league, it would become even more of a pressure cooker. But to each his own.

For the second group, the racers who think it will be easier to stay in Gold League if the maniacal racers are departed, you could be right. Playrix is so clever at pairing the Regatta though, my take is it will still be tough to maintain Gold, for everyone. Eventually your Coop will be hamstrung with the perfect storm doomsday pairing and you are then heading for silver league.

But it is all a moot point. If Playrix thought they could make more money with a Platinum League, they would certainly do it. I don’t think they would and here’s why. By sprinkling a dash of the maniacal racers into as many Regattas as possible, they are creating so much more opportunity for tcash spending to stay in Gold League.

When you get your Air Galleon from the event, you will probably think “Hey, haven’t I seen that chesty brunette in the purple top before?” You have! She also appears in the Winged Winner decoration.

One thing that is such a drag in the Regatta is the suspense of knowing at any time they could drop another team into your race. It is a helter-skelter way of doing business don’t you think? Their competitor, the one Playrix copied to make the game of Township does not inflict such foolishness on their race participants. They have a 12 hour time limit for placing new racers into an existing race, after which the number of racers is set in stone. No bombs away from those boys.

If Playrix was not creating so much new décor, then you would not do as much rearranging of your town would you? And that is supposed to be fun, so the new décor is not such a bad thing. Trying to find a silver lining here you know.

Oh dear, I have run out of things to say! Just this then, “Have a blessed weekend.”
    Last edited by Cobalt Banana; 08-17-2018 at 11:37 PM.
    Town - DALISCAPE
    Coop - seul en mer(#SEU82G)
    Be kind.

Quote Originally Posted by Cobalt Banana View Post

But it is all a moot point. If Playrix thought they could make more money with a Platinum League, they would certainly do it. I don’t think they would and here’s why. By sprinkling a dash of the maniacal racers into as many Regattas as possible, they are creating so much more opportunity for tcash spending to stay in Gold League.
    I'm not so sure about that: Couldn't putting them, um, most devoted racers together be a higher incentive to spend tcash to stay in the race? Those are the big spenders, and now regularly they find themselves in racing groups without much competition. What's to spend there?
    Maybe Playrix just isn't finished thinking this through, or maybe they have plans for changes already?
    Forum member since June 2014
    Cat Lvl 276 | Little Wonders
    tiny Lvl 189

Quote Originally Posted by Cathy Purr View Post
    I'm not so sure about that: Couldn't putting them, um, most devoted racers together be a higher incentive to spend tcash to stay in the race? Those are the big spenders, and now regularly they find themselves in racing groups without much competition. What's to spend there?
    I believe it can happen, but more with the "others". The "maniac racers" will use their tc to race and speed through as usual for them, indeed. And they can't know about another high-playing team added later suddenly, so they continue as always.
    Then you have folks doing no other than 16x135-only in your Coop, too, and probably in many Coops.
    And then I think also that the other "normally racing" Coops will be tempted to use more tc than usual - or finally use some at all - if grouped with a high-playing team suddenly. To try and stay further up in the list, or cos they believe they could still win, and using more speeding up tasks and all other possibilities to use tc.

I think the title said it all: "Platinum Schmatinum"!
    Johnalex Zarco
    Coop: United Federation
    Coop Position: Leader/Coleader
    Coop Tag: #UN28CX
    Town Name(s): Daimler-Kingston Industries.
    Playing Township Mobile since May 2016
    "Every way of a man is right in his own eyes, But the Lord weighs the hearts." ~Proverbs 21:2 NKJV

So, my personal version of perfect (I know - nobody asked, so do feel free to ignore me, lol). Also, a lot of this is based on nothing more than theories and notions that have gone around, so it might all be rubbish anyway..

* no matching teams by past performance. "Do everything the game asks (i.e. 16 x 135) and your ultimate reward will be inevitable failure" is a recipe for despondency and disillusionment, imo.
    * no 'first past the post' if teams aren't being matched by start time. Folks have got to sleep, generally at night.
    *bringing back the choice of regatta prizes so we all feel better rewarded regardless of race results and leagues.
    *Platinum/GLB league with racing-related extra prizes, like boosters, IF the actions of those teams are indeed the motivation behind the current matching system. (Again, nobody knows, it's just a theory that was posited) But regardless, Gold League meaning both GLB entry and the only way to access decos is odd anyway, imo.

Do all that, and you have one happy smiley Bessville, possibly forever (no promises though)

And some community-based events wouldn't hurt, though the lack of them isn't spoiling my fun as such. It'd just be nice.

Quote Originally Posted by Bessville View Post
    But regardless, Gold League meaning both GLB entry and the only way to access decos is odd anyway, imo.
    Absolutely agree.

also with your "become-perfect"-suggestions, btw. Difficult to ignore you, when you are right so often. ;p

Quote Originally Posted by _DD_ View Post
    Absolutely agree.

also with your "become-perfect"-suggestions, btw. Difficult to ignore you, when you are right so often. ;p

Oh crumbs, no pressure, lol

But thanks!

And definitely DO NOT make a platinum sail one of the achievements! One day I’ll get to 189/189, I don’t want to be on 189/190 forever
    Towns: Tilga/Canowindra
    Coop: #CD42Q6
    Platform: iOS/Android
    FB: https://www.facebook.com/tilga.township.9

Definitely agree with your post Bess, there has to be a better way than as it currently stands.

Quote Originally Posted by Catsalive View Post
    And definitely DO NOT make a platinum sail one of the achievements! One day I’ll get to 189/189, I don’t want to be on 189/190 forever
    lol I will never get the achievements for buying the Walk of Fame statues
    Forever living in hope lol

Forum member since June 2015 -
    Little Wonders #UPN7VG ~ now recruiting ~ Level 80
    Level 155 - Android Friend code RNDXDC. I'm full but happy to stay on your pending tabs.

Imp: - Level 137 - Android 4CP9XT

Quote Originally Posted by Pink View Post
    lol I will never get the achievements for buying the Walk of Fame statues
    I’d forgotten about that one I may even manage those one day when have more money than I know what to do with - long time coming
    Towns: Tilga/Canowindra
    Coop: #CD42Q6
    Platform: iOS/Android
    FB: https://www.facebook.com/tilga.township.9