Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Please Give Us A Break!

Yes, wow! Thanks for keeping track of all that. You might want to volunteer to update the Wiki with that information.

The events now come in shorter intervals, we get 7 to 10 days events, with the gaps in between being only slightly longer than the events themselves, around 10 to 14 days.
    This is my pet peeve: Everybody used to be exited about the next event. And wait for the decor that would come along with it. That I miss.
    Now the "events" are reruns of played-to-death mini-games, and are there all the time. And, as Downton pointed out, really not as easily to ignore as it might sound.
    The way the events are implemented now are to please the flock of daily new players, and all the insaniacs who spend a valuable amount of real money each time to get the main trophy, the new avatar (this time a cloud hugging a plane, a bit unsettling, but cute) and seem to have fun doing so.
    But then there are the long-time players who haven't much to do in their towns otherwise. They play the events, too, of course. But instead of giving them something new sometimes, they now get same-old all the time.
    Forum member since June 2014
    Cat Lvl 276 | Little Wonders
    tiny Lvl 189

Quote Originally Posted by Cathy Purr View Post
    The events now come in shorter intervals, we get 7 to 10 days events, with the gaps in between being only slightly longer than the events themselves, around 10 to 14 days.
    This is my pet peeve: Everybody used to be exited about the next event. And wait for the decor that would come along with it. That I miss.
    Yes, I agree with this as well...the rest period between one event ending and a new one starting is practically non-existent, especially considering the fact that they also occur concurrently with the regattas. It's never-ending competition...

Despite my own personal feelings about them, I know the constant events do give certain people something to do that they really look forward to. So, instead of proposing shortening the events or making the events less frequent, I will at least repeat something that I have said many time here before (that has fallen on Playrix's deaf ears)....PLEASE bring back the COMMUNITY events! I would love it if they would alternate between the two styles. For example, the current Aerial Challenge would be the individual competition that it is now, then our next event (Color Splash) would be a community event, then Sport Fishing would be individual competition. For those that never experienced the community events, you would still have the same 5-7 personal challenge goals to complete that would earn you prizes, and then instead of having the competition group where you are pitted against 30 other people for additional prizes, we would work together as a global community to earn additional prizes. There would be a large global goal (like earning 1 billion points) and at the end of the event, if we reached it as a global community, every person that contributed would earn an additional prize (could be special avatar, booster, Tcash, etc).

IMO, this would still give people something to do while also providing a little relief by not always making every event a stressful competition. And there would still be incentive for the uber-competitive people to spend Tcash because they could still have a Global leader board that shows the Top 200 people who contributed the most points to our Global goal.

ETA: From the TS Wikia, looks like the Fishing Event in March 2017 was the first time they started doing the individual competition brackets instead of the having us work together towards a Global event goal which was the norm from 2014 until then.

An Example of what the Global Event competition page used to look like (from the wikia)...
    Christmas_2016_Global_Goal.jpg
    Last edited by kitty4715; 08-18-2018 at 04:24 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Alina Winterberry View Post
    Pick and choose your events! I like the flying event so I play. I dislike fishing and the ski event so I ignore them unless there is something in either personal goals or event prize I desire. You don’t have to do EVERYTHING! So if you choose to stress EVERYTHING don’t blame Playrix. If your idea were followed I’d have to practically wait six months or a year before the flying event would come around again. Play based on interest or need.
    Agree! Even though I'm fed up with the event and the "always competing" phenomenon (I can't help that I was tempted to play the regatta and the event even when I was fed up and tired of the competition!) But we should give others the choice of playing the event when we're not willing to play!

This thread remind me of the debate about what our cafeteria should offer as the regular menu items: "beef-haters" said "definitely no beef" (some would say beef reminded them of their poor water buffalo working on their father's rice paddy field, most farmers don't eat beef because of this sentiment), vegetarians from Buddhist belief said that "eating any meat is cruelty and unfeeling" so better have vegi only, some who does not like sweet said "no sweet or as few sweets as possible, so there will be more space for the savory items...." Some would even say that better create different areas wide apart from the other so the owner can server everyone with their different tastes or religious belief without "contaminating or invading" other's sensitivity ...... But we have only so many people who would eat there regularly..... The cafeteria went broke and no one will bid on the ownership for our cafeteria for the next year..........

Quote Originally Posted by kitty4715 View Post

ETA: From the TS Wikia, looks like the Fishing Event in March 2017 was the first time they started doing the individual competition brackets instead of the having us work together towards a Global event goal which was the norm from 2014 until then.
    I actually think the Chinese New Year event in 2016 was the first in this setup, as it proved popular, being a refreshing change and seemed to be the precursor for the regatta.

This is what Playrix does best lol. We like something so we get it ad nauseam until we almost wish we'd never said anything in the first place.

One of the issues, is that many have asked for the fishing, flying, cooking events to be incorporated in the game, so there is a need for a balancing act between having those events more often, and having them so often that they become stale. Playrix does stale really well!

I would prefer them to be of a shorter duration and with more variety such as the global events, although having said that a final reward of 10Tcash is pretty poo!

Having rewards such as building materials, also adds to glum factor because they are not rewards.

One of my favourites was the Easter event where co-ops worked together on their goals. This turned out to be unfair to the smaller co-ops who were unable to attain all the goals. This would be good if co-ops of say 15 or more could work together in an event, with individuals and small co-ops making up 'teams' instead of being competitors, and also working on group goals. It would be something different again.
    Forever living in hope lol

Forum member since June 2015 -
    Little Wonders #UPN7VG ~ now recruiting ~ Level 80
    Level 155 - Android Friend code RNDXDC. I'm full but happy to stay on your pending tabs.

Imp: - Level 137 - Android 4CP9XT

Quote Originally Posted by Pink View Post
    I actually think the Chinese New Year event in 2016 was the first in this setup, as it proved popular, being a refreshing change and seemed to be the precursor for the regatta.
    You are right! Thanks for this info, Pink. That's what I get for not checking every single event page on the Wikia lol. Here's the link to the 2016 CNY event description. The remaining events in 2016 all had the Global Event Goal, as did the 2017 CNY event (which was the last event to have a global goal if the wikia is correct). Sport fishing in March 2017 brought back the individual competition. The next event after was the Easter event with the co-op goal that you mention, then every event after that was individual competition.

Ina, on level 145 and have completed every thing including the zoo and upgrading it. If it wasn’t for the events and regatta I would quit playing. One day you will be in my shoes and appreciate the events. Until that time just don’t do it

William Shannon
    I agree. I think the event week should be an OFF week for the Regatta.

This is getting ridiculous. Now they are asking for the same products in the plane and in the trains at the same time. I can't do it and with the regatta. This is really too much for us who aren't at a high level. Please give us a break.
    Cat
    Town: Hope Town
    Platform: Android
    Co-Op: 4 The Love of Hearts...#4E2GPD
    Friend code: QR5NFE

Hi Catgeens. I’ve been seeing a lot of that these past couple of weeks and even at high levels it can be stressful. If your plane is not part of your Regatta tasks, then send it off empty and concentrate only on your trains.
    Level 163
    Zoo Level 45
    IOS - iPad Air

Co-Op: Sogno Mare (Sea Dream) - Sail only for certain rewards.
    Town: Far Niente Bay

Ideas That Cannot Be Implemented At This Time (Or Ever)