Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Please Give Us A Break!

Please Give Us A Break!

Dear Playrix,
    I seriously dont have a clue what goes through your mind(s) when you decide to make these events so close together! And on top of it continue to have the weekly regatta? Not only did the underwater event like literally happen about a couple weeks ago which drained supplies we didnt even have, but you shove this event onto us! And players like me want to participate in everything!
    Please just give us at least a month or 2 between these events and not just shoveling recycled events onto us over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over etc., etc.
    Thank-you for reading this rant
    Johnalex Zarco
    Coop: United Federation
    Coop Position: Leader/Coleader
    Coop Tag: #UN28CX
    Town Name(s): Daimler-Kingston Industries.
    Playing Township Mobile since May 2016
    "Every way of a man is right in his own eyes, But the Lord weighs the hearts." ~Proverbs 21:2 NKJV

Once a month would be more than enough. Every 3 weeks for 10 days is too much.
    Towns: Tilga/Canowindra
    Coop: #CD42Q6
    Platform: iOS/Android
    FB: https://www.facebook.com/tilga.township.9

I'm only at level 67 so I agree it can be difficult to participate in EVERYTHING, but I try to remind myself that others are at much higher levels. They have already completed all CB's, factories, and zoo. They also probably have a barn big enough and enough upgrades to complete the regatta rather quickly, so the events give them something to do.

The way I see it, they have 2 options. Limit the events so NOBODY can play them, or give the players the choice to participate or not. I'm on the side of giving the players the choice.

So, Johnalex... we shouldn't have so many events because you don't want to participate, but also don't want to not participate?

I mean, I agree up to a point. Events are more frequent than I really want them, too, but I do appreciate being given the luxury of the choice. Mostly because it means I can completely avoid ever fishing with the happy reassurance that there's something different just around the corner. I think events are just like Interseasonal - if you want a break because it all feels a bit much, just say no!

Quote Originally Posted by HelpersAllAboardSerenity View Post
    I'm only at level 67 so I agree it can be difficult to participate in EVERYTHING, but I try to remind myself that others are at much higher levels. They have already completed all CB's, factories, and zoo. They also probably have a barn big enough and enough upgrades to complete the regatta rather quickly, so the events give them something to do.

The way I see it, they have 2 options. Limit the events so NOBODY can play them, or give the players the choice to participate or not. I'm on the side of giving the players the choice.
    You are absolutely right. Being one of the high level players, events give me something to do.
    Graylady, Forum member since may 2014 --- Playing on Android, not on Facebook
    Township level 211, Zoo 200 animals, --- coop #HHPY84

Please read this important post by Playrix about Township : Wishes/requests already rejected by Playrix

My complaint is they usually last way too long. High level players can complete the Personal event portion rather quickly. I think 5 days is enough time to give everyone a sporting chance - after that it just becomes tedious and the big TCash spenders try to out do each other for the top global prize.
    Level 163
    Zoo Level 45
    IOS - iPad Air

Co-Op: Sogno Mare (Sea Dream) - Sail only for certain rewards.
    Town: Far Niente Bay

Ideas That Cannot Be Implemented At This Time (Or Ever)

Quote Originally Posted by Johnalex Zarco View Post
    Dear Playrix,
    I seriously dont have a clue what goes through your mind(s) when you decide to make these events so close together! And on top of it continue to have the weekly regatta? Not only did the underwater event like literally happen about a couple weeks ago which drained supplies we didnt even have, but you shove this event onto us! And players like me want to participate in everything!
    Please just give us at least a month or 2 between these events and not just shoveling recycled events onto us over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over etc., etc.
    Thank-you for reading this rant
    How many times over? Lol
    Quote Originally Posted by Bessville View Post
    So, Johnalex... we shouldn't have so many events because you don't want to participate, but also don't want to not participate?

I mean, I agree up to a point. Events are more frequent than I really want them, too, but I do appreciate being given the luxury of the choice. Mostly because it means I can completely avoid ever fishing with the happy reassurance that there's something different just around the corner. I think events are just like Interseasonal - if you want a break because it all feels a bit much, just say no!

Exactly this. Although people complain the events last too long, it actually gives you the chance to participate in everything. Also some players will forgo one event but then do the next for whatever personal reason.

I like there are many things to do at the same time. Keeps the game interesting and I can also choose which ones to ignore.

EDIT: not everybody is a township addict 😸and therefore would like the extra time and events

Sometimes it can seem like a bit much but honestly that's what I love most about this game! Becoming bored has never been my strong point and this is the only game that constantly keeps me engaged. I can always take a break if I need to and not participate in what ever event or in that week's regatta if I choose and not lose anything in my town and that's a big plus to me.
    Town: Truli
    Level: 146
    Co-op Leader: Unsinkable #UNS6W2
    Platform: Kindle Fire

I'm quoting everyone because I have a few things to say and I don't want to do it in multiple posts.

Quote Originally Posted by Johnalex Zarco View Post
    Dear Playrix,
    Please just give us at least a month or 2 between these events and not just shoveling recycled events onto us over and over ………
    There have been many complaints and/or requests in the past for decorations from past events to become available at the "store". Replaying events with some old and some new decorations will satisfy those requests. Plus, there are always new players (at least Playrix hopes so) so these events are not "recycled" for them

Quote Originally Posted by HelpersAllAboardSerenity View Post

100% on board here, events and regatta tasks keep me going. Planting wheat and making bread gets real old after a couple of years. I think I've hit a sweet spot with my barn, 3,510. Always have plenty of things and usually room for about 100 things when I have a temporary need like that darn plane wanting 78 corn x 3!

Quote Originally Posted by Nana View Post
    My complaint is they usually last way too long. High level players can complete the Personal event portion rather quickly. I think 5 days is enough time to give everyone a sporting chance - after that it just becomes tedious and the big TCash spenders try to out do each other for the top global prize.
    On the other hand, I think the duration works out just right, especially for higher level players.

Yes, I finished my 16 x 135 late Wednesday afternoon. Took a day to replenish and then the event started on Friday. Yes, I expect to finish all personal goals before the next regatta starts. I don't care about the "dash with cash" to the top of the leaderboard.

But a 10 day event will end coincident with the regatta. Undoubtedly there will be regatta tasks that are related to the event, there always has been in the past. By having the event and the regatta end at the same time you guarantee that these tasks can be completed. Nothing more frustrating that having to gather 50 more stars (or fly 253 more feet), have the event end, and you have to take a 0 score for the task.
    Last edited by cdosr; 08-17-2018 at 07:16 PM.

Cdosr: I am happy that the current Aerial Event only runs for 7 days - my event center right now shows 6 days 13 hour’s remaining. This means it will end next Thursday, which is smack dab in the middle of Regatta phase 3. Guess the event related tasks will all end on Sunday, phase 2 Regatta completion?

My point is, there is no reason at all for events to run as long as 10 days if Playrix sets things up carefully. 10 days is much too long.
    Level 163
    Zoo Level 45
    IOS - iPad Air

Co-Op: Sogno Mare (Sea Dream) - Sail only for certain rewards.
    Town: Far Niente Bay

Ideas That Cannot Be Implemented At This Time (Or Ever)