Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: It is Time Township Creates a NEW League Above Gold

Quote Originally Posted by Marisa31 View Post
    Garvie stopped playing Township and moved over to Forge of Empires
    Thanks for update. Miss her. Is someone else playing her township game?
    Game Name: This Is It
    Town Name: Hank
    Town Level: 173
    Castaway Co op
    Platform: Kindle Fire
    I'm Loving Memory of My Dear Friend and a founding Member of The Bonkers and Sucker's Spending Club: Love You, Kim

Well sorry but I have to disagree with a lot of you on this, I play in one of those teams that finish in a day or 2 (I finished in under 90 minutes last week), I never have nor ever will spend ‘real’ money on this game. So are you suggesting I should be ‘punished’ by being forced to play week in week out against teams of big spenders purely because I’ve found a way to make racing at the very top sustainable without spending any money? (Btw almost a third of our team don’t buy tcash). Or should I drop into a ‘non-pay’ league (the new gold), cos tbh, all that would do is create teams full of players like myself who would still finish in what appears to be deemed by some here as stupidly fast and can only be done by throwing money at the game? In reality, you would still end up finishing down the field as we would still finish in a day or two but at least you’d have the satisfaction of knowing that you weren’t beaten by copious amounts of t-cash. Would that make you feel any better or would the ‘tcash always wins’ excuse being removed, and still being beat in the same manner and timeframe, actually increase the obvious frustrations on show in this thread?

What someone did 16 tasks in 90 minutes? Did I read that correctly? How is this possible? Please explain how this is possible.

Quote Originally Posted by Deano4England View Post
    Well sorry but I have to disagree with a lot of you on this, I play in one of those teams that finish in a day or 2 (I finished in under 90 minutes last week), I never have nor ever will spend ‘real’ money on this game. So are you suggesting I should be ‘punished’ by being forced to play week in week out against teams of big spenders purely because I’ve found a way to make racing at the very top sustainable without spending any money? (Btw almost a third of our team don’t buy tcash). Or should I drop into a ‘non-pay’ league (the new gold), cos tbh, all that would do is create teams full of players like myself who would still finish in what appears to be deemed by some here as stupidly fast and can only be done by throwing money at the game? In reality, you would still end up finishing down the field as we would still finish in a day or two but at least you’d have the satisfaction of knowing that you weren’t beaten by copious amounts of t-cash. Would that make you feel any better or would the ‘tcash always wins’ excuse being removed, and still being beat in the same manner and timeframe, actually increase the obvious frustrations on show in this thread?
    I don't think the problem is the spending... Not for the majority of people who understand and accept that there are people out there who are entirely capable of earning a win.
    The problem is the start time.

If I take my first task and get put in your race, Deano, and see you've already got 2,000 points, I'm gonna be annoyed.
    If I take my first task and see everyone else on zero, maybe 135, then an hour later you're on 2,000 points, then, fair enough.

Yes, "cash-free" regattas get asked for now and again, but... The "No chance to win cause the other team's already done" is why people are currently so annoyed.
    IMPORTANT: As a Township moderator, I only have power to maintain its forum.
    - Township Support.
    - Before posting a question, please make use of:
    Township Wiki,
    • the stickies on top of each sub-forum,
    • the search function to see previous posts.

”Met a man wearin' a t-shirt, says "Virginia is for lovers"
    Had a Bible in his left hand and a bottle in the other
    He said "all you're really given is the sunshine and your name"
    We both started laughin' when the sky started to rain”

Quote Originally Posted by Deano4England View Post
    Here’s what I see as the problem with the current regatta structure and the reason why we need a new league. As it stands now, there is a “finite cycle of competition” and an “infinite cycle of competition” going on at the same time, both using the same infrastructure (Gold League).

The finite competition is the Global Leaderboard ranking. This competition lasts for 4 weeks and its goal is to determine the “best” teams racing in the regatta. IMO, if you want the glory and international recognition of being named one of the best teams in the game, then you should have to prove yourself by competing against the other best teams in the game. This would/should require a very strict matching criteria when creating regatta groupings. If I was designing the system, this would be the platinum league. It would be something teams would voluntarily opt into, and once there, you cannot be demoted. You simply go up and down in rank on the leaderboard.

The infinite cycle of competition is the individual regatta races that occur continuously pretty much every week (except during the newly introduced interseasonal break). If the leaderboard is removed from the equation, then there is no long term goal for these races. Each week is it’s own contained competition. IMO, there is no need to pair the best against the best each week. IMO, the regatta matchups should be random. Some weeks, you will be up against all very intense competition and place near the bottom. Other weeks you may get very easy competition and get 1stplace. And other weeks, maybe half the teams in your race will all be duking it out for the podium. Your past racing performance should have no bearing on the race you get put into the next week because you are not trying to prove yourself as the best team (and I would completely eliminate a visible “rank” score for all teams. Rank would only be reserved for the platinum league). Every week’s race would be a fresh start.

Currently, based on my experience, Playrix is using a very strict matching system that eternally pits the best against the best every single week in Gold league (and possibly the lower leagues too). As I said, this makes sense for the GLB minded teams, but it doesn’t make sense for the rest of us. It punishes the higher achieving teams and is creating extreme exhaustion. Last week, Nevada’s team and my team both had the same number of racers. In her race, there wasn’t a single team that earned a perfect score, whereas in my race, most teams earned a perfect score or were a few points shy of it. The demoted team #13 in my race (score 17,003/17,280) would have been 1stplace in her race. If this were the result of random matchmaking, I’d just write it off as bad luck. But IMO, that is not the case because this happens every week (we only get paired with 16x135 teams, while other less competitive teams than us may not have a single perfect team in their gold league race). I believe this strict pairing is being done intentionally, most likely in order to maintain the integrity of the GLB. Since the GLB and Gold League are currently linked, we all get put under the same stress that should only be reserved for them.

Now, the only problem I see with my plan is that I truly have no idea if there are enough teams that would voluntarily want to participate in the Platinum League. I personally can’t imagine what appeals to anyone about the leaderboard for a silly game like this, but obviously there are plenty of competitive people that do care a lot about aiming to be recognized as the best. IF, there AREN’T enough interested teams to create a platinum league, then I would recommend that Playrix use random match making across all leagues (including Gold). Yes, it will mean that the teams on the GLB don’t ever have to face each other (they can go back to staggering their start times like before to avoid each other). But personally, I couldn’t care less about the integrity of the leaderboard, and I bet I’m in the majority with that opinion.

EDIT: Just wanted to add the frustrations with the current strict matchups are exacerbated by the issue with race start time that Nevada brings up. Instead of being grouped with any team that picks up their first task around the same time as we do, our races are now being filled slowly. So you can easily be put in a race where 1st place is already miles ahead and it is impossible to catch up.
    Last edited by kitty4715; 08-24-2018 at 11:26 PM.

Deano, I must say my jaw dropped. 16 tasks in 90 minutes, well that is a task every 5.625 minutes or so, lol. 12 tasks on board, with a 1/2 hour wait for board to refresh. We are lucky if we can get 5/135 task on board. So with only 5/135s on board every 1/2 hour, and if only 1 person was doing tasks, could be doable if all task were mining, HOL, shrimp (if boats at dock), or event star tasks, etc (sure I am missing some other quick tasks), lol...but what about long term task? If deleted, another 30 minute wait for new task. I am sure you have found another "secret", like the hot cells but I just can't wrap my mind around how to complete 16/135s in less than 90 minutes....without spending 1 tcash

*not responsible for math errors, lol
    Castaway Co op
    I'm Loving Memory of My Dear Friend and a founding Member of The Bonkers and Sucker's Spending Club: Love You, Kim

I think Kitty's assessment above is right on. My co-op just wants a chance to win once in awhile. Or just win once period. I got my gold trophy win last fall shortly after I started playing. I was surprised because the co-op I was in at the time had over half the people marked as racing who weren't doing a thing. I don't know why or how we won.
    Today my co-op can do 16/135 tasks and have no chance of winning because we can't physically complete all the tasks in a few hours.
    Nor do we want to. I don't see the fun in doing that but I guess others do and good for them...but I'm getting sick of being grouped with these flash racers in EVERY race.
    We have tried every strategy that comes up but still can't win. I have had one person leave our co-op because we are getting to serious about this.
    Those who want to do all the tasks in a couple hours need to race against each other not against the teams that can do all the tasks but want to take a week to do them. Whether you spend money or not is not the point. I could care less about the GLB... we just want the trophy.
    Town: Katucket
    Co-op: Flying Cloud #FYWW7J
    Playing on Kindle since August 2017

Quote Originally Posted by scorekeeper View Post
    but I just can't wrap my mind around how to complete 16/135s in less than 90 minutes....without spending 1 tcash
    Score, I'm not sure Deano meant that he didn't spend T-cash, more like he didn't buy it. I've no idea how much T-cash it costs to play as competitively as that but I would think if you get the heli guy regularly it's doable.

Quote Originally Posted by JJay View Post
    Score, I'm not sure Deano meant that he didn't spend T-cash, more like he didn't buy it. I've no idea how much T-cash it costs to play as competitively as that but I would think if you get the heli guy regularly it's doable.
    JJay, even without buying tcash, I think it would take a lot of "earned/free" tcash to complete 16/135 tasks in 90 minutes. Each square refresh is 1-4 tcash.

Without buying tcash, you can receive tcash from the video guy (1-2 tcash IF he shows up every 1/2 hour); from the HOL (most i have won in a chest is 20+); Ernie gives you 1 tcash a day in his balloon; if you pay 3tcash for mining chest and friend's balloons, you may get some tcash. Sure I have missed other ways to get in-game tcash.

So, do you have to play 20 out of 24 hours and have a constant supply of tcash coming in and a lot of luck and what about buying raja and clovers for HOL.

I know people that have made money from the video guy but they also don't spend it on regattas.

I have no clue if Deano spent any tcash but it seems like he would have had too. How much? Only he knows. Perhaps there are players in his co op that buy and supply tcash for task flipping

Once again, we have another "puzzle" from Deano to figure out
    Castaway Co op