Page 1 of 11 123 ... LastLast

Thread: It is Time Township Creates a NEW League Above Gold

It is Time Township Creates a NEW League Above Gold

I am sure many of you can relate to this. I have a coop and each of us hits 2000+ points per week. We are actually 2 coops merged into 1 bc some of us left an old coop and wanted to actually be competitive and win. But we are constantly being put up against teams that do only 135 pt tasks and finish in the first day or 2. THIS IS NOT FUN. It is not a skill to go in and purchase the highest amount of town cash possible each week and speed through every task.

The majority of people who play are divided into (A) those who are playing and do tasks here and there, (B) teams who are a little more competitive than that or (C) groups like us who primarily do 135 point tasks (but not all of us) and it takes us most of the week to do. Right off the bat we have 3 teams this week who are all doing only 135 pt tasks, and are thousands of points ahead of everyone. We have already sealed our fate for the week, stuck in silver until we luck out and race regular teams just like us.

I know I am not the only coop to have witnessed being demoted because we were just a FEW points away from what EVERYONE ELSE did! That is not worth demoting. Nor should we be penalized because of a flawed system.

Put the coops who want to spends hundreds of dollars each month all up against each other and let the rest of us enjoy this game again. It really is getting ridiculous. We all spend money on the game too, but we have actual time management skills, communication skills, etc. What is so hard about this?! Make it the Platinum League, stick em all together and I guarantee you there will be far less complaints ALL OVER your Facebook posts. People will spend more money when they are motivated.

...And if those people complain if you actually do this (the ones in the Platinum League), then that is EXACTLY how the larger portion of your players have been feeling for a long time now!

Let's try to get their attention and please respond to this with your thoughts and maybe it will be seen and considered if enough people agree this would make the game fun again...because I am really starting to have a hard time basically saying "sorry guys, we cant possibly win this week"
    Town Name: Smidge
    Town Level: 127
    Co-op Name: The Piggy Party #HEJ7SF
    Required Level: 50
    Type: By Request

Smidge, a few months ago we were invited to suggest questions for an upcoming interview with Playrix's Township Manager. I entered a question along similar lines to what you've written. Unfortunately she chose not to address the issue. I wish you well with this thread. Cheers
    Sandy aka truck taz
    Level 186
    Co-op: Merry Musketeers
    At max of in-game friends but pending works well ;-)

Yeah I remember that but I didn't think of this until recently. I figured too much time had passed so I post in here to see if anyone else agreed. All I ever see any time they post on facebook is complaints the whole way down with the occasional 1 person saying how redundant it is lol! Did anyone comment on your suggestion? I wonder if they chose the suggestions with the most responses...
    Town Name: Smidge
    Town Level: 127
    Co-op Name: The Piggy Party #HEJ7SF
    Required Level: 50
    Type: By Request

There has long been a call for a platinum league here on the forum (Recent examples: This thread and this thread, etc...Here's one dating back to late 2016)

The last time that I can recall that we got any response from Anna about such an idea was in the thread called "NEW CO-OP LEAGUE: PLATINUM LEAGUE (MERGED THREAD)." See posts #74 and #84
    Last edited by kitty4715; 08-16-2018 at 03:50 AM.

Smidge, thank you for restarting this issue! I totally agree with you. Why can't the regatta be fun and enjoyable without spending tons of tcash like it was before. Not much fun racing against big spenders that are done in 24-48 hours with perfect scores.
    Has Playrix considered the fact that they may make More money if there was another higher league?? Think how much they would spend to finish even quicker!

Thanks for the links, kitty!! So it is on the table...
    Last edited by scorekeeper; 08-16-2018 at 03:51 AM.
    Game Name: This Is It
    Town Name: Hank
    Town Level: 178
    Platform: Kindle Fire
    I'm Loving Memory of My Dear Friend and a founding Member of The Bonkers and Sucker's Spending Club: Love You, Kim

Quote Originally Posted by Smidge View Post
    Yeah I remember that but I didn't think of this until recently. I figured too much time had passed so I post in here to see if anyone else agreed. All I ever see any time they post on facebook is complaints the whole way down with the occasional 1 person saying how redundant it is lol! Did anyone comment on your suggestion? I wonder if they chose the suggestions with the most responses...
    Smidge - I only went back to Facebook a few times. I didn't see anyone comment on the topic. As you say, an awful lot of Facebook is just people complaining ..... So it's good to have this thread!
    Sandy aka truck taz
    Level 186
    Co-op: Merry Musketeers
    At max of in-game friends but pending works well ;-)

This week ALL 15 coop in my race are playing only 135 pts tasks. Yesterday, Thursday, 9 coops were at full points. We will finish today, Friday, at full points and arrive 12th, I hope. That's ridiculous!
    A solution, as was said, is the platinum league, but IMO the problem is the unlimited dumping of tasks so that it's possible the 16×135. If there were a limit, per day or race or timed or even no dumping at all we would be compelled to take tasks with different values and the race would be a race.

Quote Originally Posted by kitty4715 View Post
    ....Here's one dating back to late 2016)....
    2016. Gosh. Best not hold my breath then, lol

I guess at least we can't say they never make any changes...

From the 2016 thread...

Quote Originally Posted by Garvamatic View Post
    ...while it's a long slog for everyone to get to the Golden League, it's unusually easy to stay there.
    That is so not the problem any more.
    IMPORTANT: As a Township moderator, I only have power to maintain its forum.
    - Township Support.
    - Before posting a question, please make use of:
    Township Wiki,
    • the stickies on top of each sub-forum,
    • the search function to see previous posts.

”I can hear you; but I won't.
    Some look for trouble while others don't.
    There's a thousand reasons I should go about my day,
    And ignore your whispers which I wish would go away, oh”

Quote Originally Posted by Bessville View Post
    2016. Gosh. Best not hold my breath then, lol
    Quote Originally Posted by Nevada View Post
    I guess at least we can't say they never make any changes...

From the 2016 thread...That is so not the problem any more.
    Lol, yes how times have changed! The motivation behind that original thread (make a platinum league because Gold League isn't hard enough) is certainly different from the current motivation for most of us, but I figured I'd include it to show just how long people have been asking for another league...

...So we can all agree the nightmare that currently is Gold League is all Garvie's fault, right? ;D (For the record, 100% kidding....)